Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI,

Post all firmware 1.3.20 and DJI Go related infor/issues/good news here..

Buy all your P3 goodies direct from DJI
Spare Batteries - Charging HubCarbonPropsHDMI Module
Hardshell BackpackProp GuardsNDFilters
2015-8-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VPS is definitely fixed for me...

Horizon drift is almost gone.. Need more testing to be sure..
2015-8-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hovering is steady too.. Baro readings seem accurate again..
2015-8-4
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

nice! cant wait to test it out after i finish work. Keep the updates coming
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT!

Note: If you have multiple batteries, keep the firmware on the SD. There IS a battery update so make sure to insert all batteries in one by one when updating the firmare to make sure all are nice and updated

I have a brand new battery that I have not flown with so will check with that later today..
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How to Update the Firmware
Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote controller and battery firmware.
Updating the Aircraft Firmware
Step 1- Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
Ensure the Intelligent Flight Battery has at least 50% power and there is at least 100 MB of free space on the SD card.
Step 2- Prepare the Firmware Update Package
1. Download the firmware update package from the official DJI website (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download).
2. Insert the SD card into your PC. Extract the all downloaded files into the root directory of the SD card. Remove the SD card from your PC.
Ensure the aircraft is powered off then insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the camera.
Step 3- Update the Aircraft
1. Ensure the remote controller is powered off and then power on the aircraft. Upgrade will begin automatically after aircraft is powered on.
2. It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera status indicator will blink green and red to indicate the
upgrade is in progress and stop blinking when the update is complete with success.
3. Check the upgrade status by opening the “.txt” file that is automatically generated after the update. The update is successful if the text “result:
successful” is in the document. Try upgrading the firmware again if the text “result: failed” is found or the camera status indicator shows solid red.
Updating the Remote Controller Firmware

Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to v1.2.0 before updating the remote controller. The System Status bar in Camera View of the
DJI GO App will flash several times if a firmware update is available. Follow these steps to update the firmware via the DJI GO App.

Step 1- Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
1. The remote controller has at least 50% battery level.
2. Your mobile device is able to access the internet.
3. There is at least 30 MB of free space on your mobile device.

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and
update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink
blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow
the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote
controller is turned off.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the
remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade
the remote controller.

You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware

The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade
package files in your SD card. The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft.
Ensure there is only one firmware package file stored on your SD card.

Only storage devices that are formatted for FAT32 and exFAT file systems are supported for aircraft and remote controller firmware
updates.

Ensure the internet connection of your mobile device is stable when downloading the firmware update package.
Turn on Airplane Mode on your mobile device before updating the firmware, as any incoming calls may disrupt the update process.
Do not perform firmware update while the aircraft is still flying in the air. Only carry out firmware update when the aircraft is landed.
Be sure to update the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version after you upgrade the aircraft’s firmware.
The remote controller may become unlinked from the aircraft after updating. Re-link the remote controller and aircraft.
Confirm the update results based on the blinking pattern of camera status indicator or gimbal sound. It is normal for the aircraft to
sound or the LED to blink during the update process.

2015-8-4
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Updated all my bits and bobs without a hitch. Nice that the remote will now be updated via the app. Hopefully the P3 will be too one day.

Now to go and try it! (fingers, legs, arms crossed!)
2015-8-4
Use props
pcmaconly
lvl.2

United States

Thank you

Great info for this newb

P3P coming in tomorrow

Looking forward in learning and sharing here with all of you

Stay Safe
Stay High
Be Free
2015-8-4
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 16:44
EDIT!

Note: If you have multiple batteries, keep the firmware on the SD. There IS a battery update  ...

hi, how it is necessary to update the every new battery?
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

romansu2 Posted at 2015-8-4 17:13
hi, how it is necessary to update the every new battery?

The battery has onboard firmware so you need to leave the firmware file ( but delete the .log files ) on the SD card to update each one..
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alterastro Posted at 2015-8-4 17:07
Updated all my bits and bobs without a hitch. Nice that the remote will now be updated via the app.  ...

Good luck

Blowing a gale here in North Wales..
2015-8-4
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Does say Android version of the dji go app "update coming soon"
2015-8-4
Use props
mike_brown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No mention of the new update and what it addresses or fixes in the release notes yet !
2015-8-4
Use props
Superfantastic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

should we be doing a full calibration after updating everything ?
2015-8-4
Use props
john_barker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OOhh yay been waiting for a while to fix the VPS issue, will download and test tonight (weather permitting).
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfantastic Posted at 2015-8-4 17:56
should we be doing a full calibration after updating everything ?

Always advisable.. IMU, Gimbal ( both on level surface with cool Phantom ) and Compass ( in the remotest area possible away from ferrous thingymabobs..
2015-8-4
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

"The camera status indicator will blink green and red to indicate the
upgrade is in progress and stop blinking when the update is complete with success."

It should also say "camera status will turn a solid green when upgrade has been a success".
2015-8-4
Use props
chr.kykkotis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:59
Always advisable.. IMU, Gimbal ( both on level surface with cool Phantom ) and Compass ( in the re ...

Does the new firmware include SDK functions?
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chr.kykkotis Posted at 2015-8-4 18:13

I don't believe so.. Stay on the SDK version of you need SDK support for now until its clarified.

I'm not beta testing any of the 3rd p[arty apps so cannot confirm officially.
2015-8-4
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

So if I have multiple batteries, I should just wait until the first update is done on the phantom, and then just pop another one in and start the aircraft again?
2015-8-4
Use props
Airworks.dk
lvl.2

Denmark

There may be an error in the newly changed firmware update manual?
According to the manual, when aircraft update is successful the LED's should STOP blinking.
However the LED's do not seem to stop blinking, but the beep signals will change from D-D-D-D to D- -D-D upon successful aircraft update, which can be checked in the logfile.
2015-8-4
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:37
Good luck

Blowing a gale here in North Wales..

Yep 15mph with 25mph gusts here too. Guess I jusst gotta wait....
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

I recomend upgrading.
Vps works great, camera horizon seam to be solved, and litle things fixed.

SDK is enabled for Pro and advanced.
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

chr.kykkotis Posted at 2015-8-4 18:13

Yes.

SDK enabled in both versions.
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is an entire FW Upgrade video ( its long and boring but shows the phases the P3 goes through ).

Phantom ( completes at 23:20 )

And the controller

2015-8-4
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Shutter Posted at 2015-8-4 18:24
So if I have multiple batteries, I should just wait until the first update is done on the phantom, a ...

Just make sure you remove the notepad file off the sd card after upgrading each battery.
2015-8-4
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

Yes thanks. Install went great on the aircraft and the batteries.

How should go about updating the RC when i can't get the GO app? (android user)
The old way i guess?
2015-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And what about video lag with Android devices on new FW, downgrading of Google Play Services still necessary ?
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 19:25
Im not holding my breath. For some reason they have also put links to go back as far as  1.1.9. That ...

The links are there because it's now possible to downgrade as far back as firmware 1.1.9.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 19:40
I can see that but why would you need to if 1.3.20 does the job?

Because some people will ALWAYS think there is a problem that the firmware caused/is causing. Most were happy with 1.2.6/8 ( with VPS off ) but other complained and complained asking to go back to 1.1.9.

It seems now DJI allow the downgrade for those who want, you question this decision and speculate over the latest firmware' stability

Can't please everyone it seems ..
2015-8-4
Use props
pcmeid
lvl.2

South Africa

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 19:40
I can see that but why would you need to if 1.3.20 does the job?

I had my first problem!!!!
Updated everything, including 2nd battery. Test flying with 2nd one, at about 45% battery I get critical battery warning and auto landing starts. Managed to just get it back from over the pool and land safe!!!!. Tried the 1st battery and took it from 100% to 30% no problem. Charging the 2nd one to re-test.

Must add, 2nd battery was not 100% charged, was about 50% when I did the update.

Question, if critical battery landing has started, can you take control using Atti mode?
2015-8-4
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I updated my 2nd lipo without deleting the note pad file
2015-8-4
Use props
mike_brown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Shutter Posted at 2015-8-4 18:24
So if I have multiple batteries, I should just wait until the first update is done on the phantom, a ...

Basically yes. After you have inserted the un-updated battery and fired up the quad the system will upgrade the battery, accompanied with all the usual beeps and random flashings of the battery LEDs.
the camera status light will be a solid green when done and the battery level indicators will show their normal pattern when finished.
2015-8-4
Use props
hchehab11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96883 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

bastell Posted at 2015-8-4 18:56
Just make sure you remove the notepad file off the sd card after upgrading each battery.

How log will it take to update additional batteries, any indicator that the battery firmware has been completed?
TIA
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hchehab11@gmail Posted at 2015-8-4 20:35
How log will it take to update additional batteries, any indicator that the battery firmware has b ...

Battery update is quick, less then a minute. The TXT files indicate the result. You will see the light flash on the battery when it does the update.
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 20:30
Its not a case of cant please everyone. When you buy a Phantom 3, a case, a couple of spare batter ...

You cannot stop people having issues.. The rollback is an option. A good one IMO.

Flying away un-commanded was/is not an issue with the P3 as far as I know, definitely not the normal complaints/issues reported by users. Those experiencing this behaviour need to look at other factors and contact DJI.
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

And, more importantly, the option to roll back will allow people to revert if they have trouble with future firmware updates.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-4
Use props
yegorius
lvl.1

Spain

I can not update the firmware on Phantom 3 Pro (v1.3.20). At first time updating process was about 20 minutes, then RED light and solid "BBBBBB". The next times it looked like in this video. Always - “result: failed”.

P.S. Everything is done according to the instructions, tried various memory cards. RC was updated ok.

2015-8-4
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:01
How to Update the Firmware
Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote contro ...

Thanks for the instructions! Question, I did not do the last update. Should I update the contoller (P3P too?) to the last firmware(I kept a copy) 1st or just jump to this? Thanks for your help and info!
2015-8-4
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Let's start this out right, Please post what Phantom you have (Pro / Adv) what Device you are using and what version Operating System you are on. The version of Pilot you are on.

With so many combinations out there we can not get a good handle on what is or is not working
2015-8-4
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules