Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shutter Posted at 2015-8-4 18:24
So if I have multiple batteries, I should just wait until the first update is done on the phantom, a ...

Yes - after completing updating of P3 and first battery (D-D-D-D beeping pattern stops and D-DD beeping pattern starts), power down the P3. Take first battery out, put second battery in, Power P3 back up. Battery firmware update only typically takes less than 2 minutes, so no big deal. When 2nd battery firmware is done updating, repeat this process as necessary for any other batteries - 2 minutes each.  Done.
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 16:44
EDIT!

Note: If you have multiple batteries, keep the firmware on the SD. There IS a battery update  ...

I was just chatting with support on the DJI website and asked them about the Battery Firmware updates. They told me this and it is a quote:
“Every time you insert a new battery it is updated based on the firmware installed on the unit. Most people on the forums are used to the old updating process with the P2, but in the case of the P3 there is no need to update each battery.”
2015-8-4
Use props
ydiyachenko
New

Russia

I have updated the firmware on the aircraft, and tried to update my RC, it promted me to update via USB or a flashdrive. I have done this before, so insirted a USB flash with the file. RC is in update mode with the blue light glowing for more than an hour now... What shall i do???

2015-8-4
Use props
drone_lad
lvl.3

United States

@splooge - can you make this a sticky? There's some good info packed in here
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

ydiyachenko Posted at 2015-8-5 02:30
I have updated the firmware on the aircraft, and tried to update my RC, it promted me to update via  ...

How is it going?  You have android?
2015-8-4
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Updated the firmware on the P3A and the 300A controller. All went smooth, but took two attempts with the controller.  Used the gimbal method in the end.  Using Android DJI Pilot App on Samsung S5

Went for a flight this evening (2 batteries worth) and had no problems with control of the P3A, thought maybe slightly more sensitive on the sticks.  It did what was asked of it so a happy bunny.

DJI Pilot App for Android on the Samsung S5 in Flight mode, with Google services turned back on and updated. The app did crash once when request came from google services. After that I had no issues with lag or picture freeze like I had previously when I had to downgrade google services and turn of auto update in play store to work with the App.
Awaiting android version of DJI Go to see what happens then.

Certainly a lot better than previously for me anyway, so well done DJI
2015-8-4
Use props
sp.thanos
lvl.2

Greece

I've Just updated Rc and aircraft with battery nr1, turned off the aircraft, and inserted battery nr2. Something happened and this battery now is defective.
Battery seems to power on normally, but no power to the aircraft. Also, when inserted to charger, it restarting itself every a couple of secs..

I'll open a new thread with a video of symptoms soon.
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

Amber Posted at 2015-8-5 04:06
Updated the firmware on the P3A and the 300A controller. All went smooth, but took two attempts with ...

with the gimble method is the phantom on?
thanks
2015-8-4
Use props
afponiky
lvl.2

United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-8-5 01:39
Since Updating my P3P to the latest firmware along with the remote the Android DJI App no longer mak ...

so then re bind it to the bird
2015-8-4
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-5 04:53
with the gimble method is the phantom on?
thanks

Yes the Phantom was on
2015-8-4
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Adamation Posted at 2015-8-5 01:39
Since Updating my P3P to the latest firmware along with the remote the Android DJI App no longer mak ...

Issue resolved after restarting everything - Adam
2015-8-4
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2015-8-5 01:00
But now it's doing this (pasted from my original post):

I put in a card with the newest BIN, turn ...

Mine is doing the same thing. It's been over a half hour. No beeps, just yellow blinking lights and solid red.
Any ideas?
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bradneal24 Posted at 2015-8-5 06:10
Mine is doing the same thing. It's been over a half hour. No beeps, just yellow blinking lights an ...

Check the LOG file on the SD card ( also the one in the hidden MISC/LOG folder )
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those interested, here is a video I made showing the controller updating via the DJI GO App..

2015-8-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I am so freaking stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to try it out in the morning!!!!! Gonna get my VPS back!!!!!
2015-8-4
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sploodge was that the A or B controller ?

2015-8-4
Use props
Riachsion
New
Flight distance : 104551 ft
United Kingdom

Help please

Did the firmware update on my phantom 3 pro

The update went ok on the phantom and txt file said it was ok

I ran the updated on the controller the blue light went solid as it should and the phantom started bleeping continually as it should after about 5 minutes the blue light turned green as it should  however the bleeping continued

I have turned off and restarted bit he the phantom and the controller still bleeping  with no light showing at all
2015-8-4
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:37
The battery has onboard firmware so you need to leave the firmware file ( but delete the .log file ...

Very Nice job on this tutorial sploodge! Thank you!
2015-8-4
Use props
james.jbandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6168 ft
United States

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 20:30
Its not a case of cant please everyone. When you buy a Phantom 3, a case, a couple of spare batteri ...

I have only flown 2 times but all this firmware and fly away stuff made me nervous so I purchased a GPS tracker to protect against it flying away and bought insurance in case it crashes. That said I have not had any problems at all except the pointer on the radar was off (but that turned out to be an iPad compass calibration issue) I honestly believe that many fly aways are most often pilot errors. That is not to say that its perfect and it could be a software malfunction. There are many things one needs to check. Is the home point set. Is the compass properly calibrated etc. Did you bird actually attempt to just fly away?
2015-8-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

OK, I'm, getting the solid red/yellow blinking as well after 45 minues.  I' ve re installed the bin bile from the DJI site twice, any ideas?
2015-8-4
Use props
james.jbandes
lvl.1
United States

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 23:17
Cheers Dan. Never to old to stop learning!! Its actually easier to fly a real aircraft than it is  ...

Now that is very funny.
2015-8-4
Use props
james.jbandes
lvl.1
United States

I am so interested in the P3 Releasing more IOC features like home lock and POI. I guess that is not in these upgrades yet?
2015-8-4
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-5 06:18
Check the LOG file on the SD card ( also the one in the hidden MISC/LOG folder )

I redownloaded the upgrade and I think it went this time. Although, I still need to recalibrate everything, and see how if it will fly...

Thanks for the help.

-Brad
2015-8-4
Use props
tophelipilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8881 ft
United States

yegorius Posted at 2015-8-4 21:04
I can not update the firmware on Phantom 3 Pro (v1.3.20). At first time updating process was about 2 ...

I had exactly the same issue (long beeping, red light steady and no off). I've found that the memory card had videos and it was almost full (100 Mbytes free)... What I did? Used a brand new memory card, no files except the firmware file... All worked fine.... Updated all my batteries, remote control... no issues
2015-8-4
Use props
natsgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132881 ft
Philippines

So, anybody figured out how to officially downgrade to the 1.1.9 firmware?
2015-8-4
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

bradneal24 Posted at 2015-8-5 07:29
I redownloaded the upgrade and I think it went this time. Although, I still need to recalibrate ev ...

Ok, got everything loaded up and took it out for a low-level test flight. All is good.

I like the new interface, and the feel. When this thing works well, it's is just a joy to fly.

Took it up to about  200 feet did some circles and a figure-8, took off and landed manually, and it was smooth as silk. Was getting dark so I didn't have much time. But tomorrow I'll crank it up and put it to the test.

Happy dude!
2015-8-4
Use props
xave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209475 ft
United States

james.jbandes Posted at 2015-8-5 07:20
I have only flown 2 times but all this firmware and fly away stuff made me nervous so I purchased  ...

What gps device do you use with it? What insurance company?
2015-8-4
Use props
xave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209475 ft
United States

james.jbandes Posted at 2015-8-5 07:20
I have only flown 2 times but all this firmware and fly away stuff made me nervous so I purchased  ...

What gps device and insurance?
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 20:30
Its not a case of cant please everyone. When you buy a Phantom 3, a case, a couple of spare batteri ...

Do you have anymore information you can share?
Was this a spot you normally flew in?
Did you do the complete calibration after the firmware update, including the IMU?
Did you check the compass MOD value after calibration at flying site?

I have update my P3, but I have not flown it yet...
2015-8-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Finally after a month or so dji gives us good firmware! I'm so happy! Vps works good. No stupid altitude drops anymore! No pixleating video downlink! My p3 flies like a dream! It's actually better than 1.1.9 firmware that was the last it ran good..  I've had minimal flights waiting for this update and i. So happy it's finally here and I've got it installed!  I love my p3 once again!  Now I'm hoping dji learned what kind of coding their p3 needs to keep happy.. lol. Now let's get some way points and automatic picture taking..  I would love to be able to do some photogrammy  with my p3 and make some hd maps for myself.. l

Point of interest and follow me I really want too....  

Now I just need dji or someone to make a sstronger shell for my p3 cuz all these little cracks arou.d the motor mount screws aren't good..  and it's do to thin flimsy plastic..  I can twist the arm on my p3 just a little bit and feel the middle of the entire shell flexing..  I was told I need to send it in and the turn around time on shell replacement is 8 weeks...  after it pretty much sat on the shelf collecting dust for 6 weeks...  ease dji just send me a stronger shell and let me replace it myself..  im going to have this thing 2 months out of 7 months between. The shell issues and firmware issues...   now it flies so good and I'm so happy with it and it's gotta go in..  this really sucks
2015-8-4
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-5 09:44
Finally after a month or so dji gives us good firmware! I'm so happy! Vps works good. No stupid alti ...

What about the video lags and black screens? Are you using a tablet or Ipad? Any signal lost?
Regards!!!
2015-8-4
Use props
Patinito
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone, glad that DJI has finally released the new firmware. So I updated the phantom (P3P), batteries, and RC without issue. Ran IMU and gimbal calibration just after the update. I have not flown yet but noticed the video feed did not cut off the entire time I was connected to the phantom (over 25 mins) when before I would get the video signal lost issue all the time. 2 questions:

Has anyone flown the phantom and had any further issues with loss of video?

Do we still have to perform the IMU calibration "cold"? Before the new update I had put it in my office server room for 5 hours and got it cold and did the calibration. Now that I updated the phantom should I do another cold calibration or has anyone seen that it is not necessary anymore with the new firmware? Any long "warming up" issues?

Thanks.  
2015-8-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I've flown mine and it's perfect again! Good job dji!  No issues at all.. Video downlink works great and everything...  We will be happy with this firmware
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Patinito Posted at 2015-8-5 12:31
Hello everyone, glad that DJI has finally released the new firmware. So I updated the phantom (P3P), ...

Having the P3 cold during calibration just gives the IMU cali better range ( and reduces the warm-up time ). if you can do it then might as well.
2015-8-4
Use props
Marecki
New

Poland

Hey guys,  

After update is anyone else experiencing problems with sudden connection lost? It happens when I have my P3P within line of sight, quite close, suddenly first there is several times "WEAK RC SIGNAL" (drops to two bars) but "VIDEO SIGNAL" remains with all bars, and then CONNECTION LOST. It restores the connection after about 30-60 seconds (with the aircraft fortunately in failsafe). Then it happens again after some time. It has never happened before the update, even on long distance flights.  

It happened in a remote location without any interference sources with VLOS between the aircraft and the controller. Aircraft and compass were both calibrated before the flight.

Additionally I started experiencing quite a heavy horizontal drift (with 16+ satellites locked).

Anyone else with those kind of issues?
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marecki Posted at 2015-8-5 15:32
Hey guys,  

After update is anyone else experiencing problems with sudden connection lost? It happe ...

Not experienced the issue you describe, and not see other reports of it either.

If the issue is as extreme as you describe, best get in contact with DJI and provide them the necessary details/logs.
2015-8-4
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

Marecki Posted at 2015-8-5 15:32
Hey guys,  

After update is anyone else experiencing problems with sudden connection lost? It happe ...

perhaps nearby were any GSM antenna? They cause a strong anomalies...
My p3 is from the beginning on this first and stable software. So I think I will w8 for android ver of new DJI Go app for Android and then updayt my aircraft... For now my only issue is force closing dji app on my note 3 during the longer flight ...
2015-8-5
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Hi guys,
I was one of those, who couldn't use the drone anymore, because of a lot of issues: Unstability, videolags...
Just did the update and everything is good once again: Drone is pretty stable (not perfect, but good enough) and framerate on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is O.K. (not perfect, still choppy, but usable). I am hoping that the new DJGo-App for Android will bring some improvements concerning the videolag.
But for now, I am pretty much happy.
2015-8-5
Use props
Marecki
New

Poland

Nope. No BTS (or in fact any other medium/high gain antenna) around. Also not a single other WiFi signal in the area.

Thank you for your answers. I will do some more tests later today and if it keeps dropping connection I'll report it back to DJI.

(btw. Georg, could you PM me? Some bug prevents me from opening a new PM)
2015-8-5
Use props
cinehouse
New

Netherlands

Can anyone explain why is everyone happy about VPS what is it and what does it do?
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules