Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware 1.3.20 - DJI Go 2.0.0 App Discussion Thread
29123 296 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marecki
New

Poland

cinehouse Posted at 2015-8-5 19:23
Can anyone explain why is everyone happy about VPS what is it and what does it do?

This. It looks for patterns on the ground to keep the aircraft from drifting in a non-GPS scenario. And it was quite a mess for some people in fw 1.2.6/1.2.8...

For me, it seems to get worst but I still have to fly more tests.
2015-8-5
Use props
thierryd
lvl.1

United States

Hi Guys
all went well, got all the reports positif however my concern is: I have to let the P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 file on my SD card in order to get my camera working, if not, it's down and black...
any body has this bug ?

Thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Can anyone explain why is everyone happy about VPS what is it and what does it do?

It's primary use is for flying indoors where no satellite connection can be had. And unless you are flying indoors, it is highly recommended that you leave the VPS setting turned off.
2015-8-5
Use props
Nico
lvl.1
Netherlands

sp.thanos Posted at 2015-8-5 04:09
I've Just updated Rc and aircraft with battery nr1, turned off the aircraft, and inserted battery nr ...

I got something similar. After my first flight with the new firmware I removed the battery and placed it on the loader. It gives me two times the loading indicators and after that one light on the other light goes on and starts blinking. Can't load the battery anymore. Any suggestions?
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

pcmeid Posted at 2015-8-4 19:52
I had my first problem!!!!
Updated everything, including 2nd battery. Test flying with 2nd one, a ...

I'm wondering if that battery has the "critical battery" set to 45% You have to configure each battery separately under the battery tab in the app. Check that out.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Brandon00151 Posted at 2015-8-5 01:00
I'll just wait until the go app is out for android before updating. Hopefully its out by Saturday be ...

No need to wait. It's fine on Android. I updated with no issues and flying is great again.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-5 04:53
with the gimble method is the phantom on?
thanks

Yes. File won't be available if not.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

natsgo@me.com Posted at 2015-8-5 07:51
So, anybody figured out how to officially downgrade to the 1.1.9 firmware?

Upgrade to current new FW, then erase memory card, download 1.1.9 and repeat. Wallah.......u are back at 1.1.9
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-5 09:44
Finally after a month or so dji gives us good firmware! I'm so happy! Vps works good. No stupid alti ...

I know it should be addressed by DJI but I would do this..... http://www.uavbits.net/store/p28 ... orcement_plate.html

It would beat the shipping costs and wait times. I feel like DJI should send everyone a set of these if requested. It would save them in the long run and it would be like a vehicle recall without having to buy them back.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Patinito Posted at 2015-8-5 12:31
Hello everyone, glad that DJI has finally released the new firmware. So I updated the phantom (P3P), ...

I did no IMU calibrations. It wasn't necessary according to the IMU check. Powered up.......was in the air in less than a minute. There was no big delay warming up.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Georgi Posted at 2015-8-5 17:14
perhaps nearby were any GSM antenna? They cause a strong anomalies...
My p3 is from the beginning  ...

No need to wait. It's working beautifully!
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Vision positioning system. It looks down if you are flying less than 3 meters high and stabilizes the quad if gps reception is poor. It works great when indoors to keep the thing locked in position. It also helps if you are in a intermittent gps location and still 3 meters and below. It also assists with auto takeoff and auto landing by measuring things to put it at the correct takeoff height and by slowing the descent to not bump hard at landing.
2015-8-5
Use props
sp.thanos
lvl.2

Greece

Nico Posted at 2015-8-6 01:08
I got something similar. After my first flight with the new firmware I removed the battery and pla ...

i sent my defective battery back to DJI for inspection..

Can you power on the aircraft with that battery?
2015-8-5
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone seeing their phantom no longer flying straight?
In doors or outdoors, any height. Fly forward, it pretty much always drifts to the left quite badly.
Flew it with a friend this evening and his did the same.

Is this pointing towards compass or IMU?
2015-8-5
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-5 01:11
just to make sure.  You are running android and using DJI Pilot right?

I was running IOS... I haven't tried my android yet... The IOS is so much better
2015-8-5
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

I'm using android with the DJI Pilot, P3P, RC 306B. Upgrade went very well, although have not had the chance yet to take it out for a flight.
2015-8-5
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

I did all my updates and imu and all,  still having video loss flying.  Even 3 feet infront of me.
2015-8-5
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11349537 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:01
How to Update the Firmware
Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote contro ...

Thank you for posting this.  I am like a kid on Christmas Eve patiently waiting to get off work so I can install these updates and once again enable google play services.  
2015-8-5
Use props
lode1stone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 753658 ft
United States

yegorius Posted at 2015-8-4 21:04
I can not update the firmware on Phantom 3 Pro (v1.3.20). At first time updating process was about 2 ...

I was also having trouble. I tried all of the recommendations. I broke the rules and updated the controller, and then turned it back on while updating the Phantom with a clean formatted FAT32 SD card with only the bin file. It worked and has success status in the txt file. The about button in the app says 1.3.2. I was ready to try anything so don't do this until all other official methods are exhausted.
2015-8-5
Use props
pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2015-8-5 01:00
But now it's doing this (pasted from my original post):

I put in a card with the newest BIN, turne ...

I am not sure 100 percent but it appears to me that the light you should be concentration on is the little light on the Gimbal.  Wait for that light to turn solid green...
2015-8-5
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

I've updated my  FW on my P3P and my RC. Question: DO I LEAVE THE .bin FW FILE ON THE MICRO SD CARD OR ERASE IT? I DID CHECK THE .txt FILE FOR SUCCES AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL. But now each time I turn my phantom on, the update starts over again.
2015-8-5
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

tcoleyrn Posted at 2015-8-6 07:01
I've updated my  FW on my P3P and my RC. Question: DO I LEAVE THE .bin FW FILE ON THE MICRO SD CARD  ...

Lol just erase it your done with that now.
2015-8-5
Use props
pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-5 06:19
For those interested, here is a video I made showing the controller updating via the DJI GO App..

h ...

I am assuming that the old way of upgrading the  firmware of the RC will remain, either a USB Stick or a cable going from the Phantom Gimbal to the Controller, right?  I always like to keep a copy of the firmware in my computer and letting the DJI App do the upgrade, it does not keep a copy of it.
Also, some people may not be using the DJI App and therefore will need a way to upgrade the RC a different way.
2015-8-5
Use props
pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-5 14:02
Having the P3 cold during calibration just gives the IMU cali better range ( and reduces the warm- ...

By cold, do you mean comfortable room temperature or do you mean putting it in the Refrigerator?
2015-8-5
Use props
mosszaphod
lvl.1
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 01:35
No need to wait. It's fine on Android. I updated with no issues and flying is great again.

jimcloud74,

To be clear you are running the 1.3.2 FIRMWARE and the DJ PILOT 1.2.0 APP for Android OS and all is well? Also, what Android device do you have?

Thanks.
2015-8-5
Use props
pete.c44
lvl.2

United States

dansonamission Posted at 2015-8-6 02:51
Anyone seeing their phantom no longer flying straight?
In doors or outdoors, any height. Fly forward ...

Be sure to re-calibrate your RC sticks.
2015-8-5
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Well 1.3 didn't fix my video loss so I went back to 1.1.9 and even though my signal was still weak will still 8 channels I went through one battery with no video loss. So I am updating back to 1.3 and test it again. Worse case I can go back to 1.1.9
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

mosszaphod Posted at 2015-8-6 07:36
jimcloud74,

To be clear you are running the 1.3.2 FIRWARE and the DJ PILOT 1.2.0 APP for Android O ...

That is correct. I have a galaxy tab 3 8.4 inch and a tab 4 10.1 inch. The tab 4 just took an update today to lollipop I believe and all still functions. Both tablets work well with zero lag or overheating.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Mudcon Posted at 2015-8-6 08:33
Well 1.3 didn't fix my video loss so I went back to 1.1.9 and even though my signal was still weak w ...

I am at a loss as to why you don't get video past 1.1.9. You should be getting at least close to a mile range stock as long as you get 400 feet elevation.
2015-8-5
Use props
mosszaphod
lvl.1
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 09:50
That is correct. I have a galaxy tab 3 8.4 inch and a tab 4 10.1 inch. The tab 4 just took an upda ...

jimcloud74,

I forgot to ask....are you also running the newest version of the Google Play or the older one that some people say to revert to?

Also, I have the Advanced...is yours Advanced or Pro?

I just got my P3A a few days ago and it came with 1.2.6. I used the service file and wiped it clean and put on Firmware 1.1.9 and so far no issues except the video on the live feed to my Asus MEMO 8 is kind of choppy and I am not sure why. I was wondering if 1.3.2 has fixed the video choppy think for anyone? And was the choppy video ever an issue with 1.1.9?

Thanks Jim.
2015-8-5
Use props
pcmeid
lvl.2

South Africa

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 01:27
I'm wondering if that battery has the "critical battery" set to 45% You have to configure each batt ...

I did check that and it was on 10%. After charging up to 100%, tested down to 20% with no problem. Had 2 flights on that battery since with no issue. Maybe it did not update properly the first time I powered up as battery power was below 50%. When powered up at 100% it completed the update. (did not notice this happening, but was not looking out for it) All good now   
2015-8-5
Use props
jafarini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Is video lag fixed in this firmware?

My Nexus 5 is getting very hot and I loose video almost on every flight. This issue is killing me.

I was planning to upgrade to the Samsung Note 4 but I see many people with Note 4 also complain.

Please leave comment if anybody has tried the new firmware on Nexus 5 or Note 4 and if video lag (crash) is fixed.

Thanks!
2015-8-5
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.1
Norway

Update complete. Got two flights and everything is working perfect.
Edit: On third run the streaming did lag....
2015-8-6
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 09:52
I am at a loss as to why you don't get video past 1.1.9. You should be getting at least close to a ...

it seems that everyone started having problems at 1.1.26/28 when they chopped 32 channels down to 8
2015-8-6
Use props
Nico
lvl.1
Netherlands

sp.thanos Posted at 2015-8-6 02:10
i sent my defective battery back to DJI for inspection..

Can you power on the aircraft with that  ...

I think it had something to do with overheating. After I left it for about ten minutes the battery was able to be charged again. Weird though since it was about 25 mins from the moment I stopped flying and started charging.
2015-8-6
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

pulsar747n Posted at 2015-8-6 07:17
By cold, do you mean comfortable room temperature or do you mean putting it in the Refrigerator?

Always a good idea to do an IMU calibration after every firmware update with the P3 on a perfectly flat (use bubble level) non-metallic surface that contains no re-bar (don't use your driveway, sidewalk, ground floor of your house (if on a concrete slab), or parking lot).  

YES - if you want to avoid seeing IMU warm-up messages on every first power-up, you need to chill the P3 prior to performing an IMU calibration.  I put mine in the fridge for 30 minutes - camera lens fogs up, but it doesn't impact IMU calibration.  Then, after IMU calibration is complete, with the P3 still sitting on the same level surface, do an Auto Gimbal Calibration to get level camera horizon.  

Note: the Gimbal Calibration is not complete until the camera shifts left and right several times and then snaps to directly forward position and then slowly makes minor adjustments in camera tilt for next 60 seconds or so. WAIT until it's done before powering down P3.
2015-8-6
Use props
Kel-photography
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I updated and tested 2 batteries. everythings seems great! I even used normal mode in my iphone 6+ and the video feed is stable, great jod, DJI!!

My devices:
P3P, iphone 6+, FW =latest, App = latest
2015-8-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

jafarini Posted at 2015-8-6 15:52
Is video lag fixed in this firmware?

My Nexus 5 is getting very hot and I loose video almost on eve ...

I ran 2 batteries almost back to back. I tested my 8.4 tab and my 10.1 tab. Zero lag. Zero heat. So, yes, it appears to be fixed for me anyways.
2015-8-6
Use props
rieckstudioaust
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Group -
I had an successful upgrade on the craft but not on the RC. I have an GL300A RC model and cannot get the RC to upgrade from my USB stick. Anyone else found a workaround or reason?. Craft and RC are paired , seems to be normal, however I havnt test flown yet because its midnight downunder. cheers!
2015-8-6
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I have the Inspire 1.
I came to the phantom forums to see if this was happening with the phanoms with the new update, and it looks like there might be a common problem  ( The App???)

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules