Gimbal tilt
658 11 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UaYX01nJf0Qq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470738 ft
Argentina

the gimbal does not compensate when the drone tilts to the left in all other positions it works perfect I tried all the calibrations they did not work, in the hand without flying it does the same, I had no accidents, the drone is only 30 days old and very few flights, I am very disappointed it cost me a lot of sacrifice to buy it, here in Argentina I don't know how to proceed to change it thank you very much for any help
2022-7-3
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

If you're in sport mode or flying in windy conditions it is normal with the mini 2
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_UaYX01nJf0Qq
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 20:21
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

hello thanks for answering, no error message in the application
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_UaYX01nJf0Qq
lvl.2
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 7-3 15:16
If you're in sport mode or flying in windy conditions it is normal with the mini 2

hello thanks for answering, if I am aware of it, but in this case simply tilting it manually without flying the Gimbal can not compensate, if I continue tilting more pronounced again, it is correctly correctly, that is the problem is only to the left side and only in a given angle
2022-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards Yaros's ''If you're in sport mode or flying in windy conditions it is normal with the mini 2''.

I did some quick test flights indoors with three (3) Mini 2's in sports mode, obviously no wind, and they ALL kept the gimbal horizontal i.e. the horizon would be horizontal in their photos and videos, when each drone was moving ie either direction.

They were only quick full left/right stick 'squirt's to the left and right, there was not room anything else, but the drones did reach reasonable rolls. I will try to get out tomorrow and test properly.
2022-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did try today but, once above the tree tops, it was too windy with bad gusts to risk a Mini 2.
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_UaYX01nJf0Qq
lvl.2
Argentina

luckily it can solve my problem after trying all the calibrations and not getting any results i decided to calibrate through python running two scripts, the gimbal was perfectly level.  Warning, this procedure will leave a permanent warning message in the application that the gimbal needs to be calibrated but in reality it works perfectly so I don't care, since I couldn't use it before and sending it to be changed is not an option from me country .
2022-7-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am pleased you got it fixed, it's a pity the Python thing leaves the error message ....but as you say at least you now have a correctly working drone. I still haven't had a chance to fly the test flights lol.
2022-7-9
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

what is this Phyton?
I heard problems may happen when some dust stick to the gimbal
2022-7-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Python = the programming language needed to run the scripts referred to.
2022-7-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Incidentally, I did eventually get the chance to fly two sets of test flights with these drones but then couldn't find the thread. I have just come across it by coincidence.

In the first set of flights one drone did show gimbal tilt whilst flying left but that was a rather rushed set of flights and I am not sure what happened.

In the second set the conditions were better and I had more time to check everything and, Irrespective of the left/right direction of flight, none of the three drones showed gimbal tilt whist flying at full speed in sports mode. However one drone did show gimbal twitch whilst braking, from memory I went from full left stick to full right stick and vice versa or just released the stick so the braking was probably quite severe.
2022-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules