A new firmware update (V1.3.20) is now available for Phantom 3
7905 56 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-8-5 02:14
Did you still have the FW file on the SD card when you switched batteries, or is that not necessar ...

The Firmware should always be on the SD card inserted at all times
2015-8-4
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 04:59
If I read correctly, you will need to complete the 1.2.8 firmware update first, as you have to hav ...

Where did you read that? I can't jump directly from 1.1 to the new 1.3? That's mildly terrifying.
2015-8-4
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlmostTan Posted at 2015-8-5 07:22
Where did you read that? I can't jump directly from 1.1 to the new 1.3? That's mildly terrifying.

no you can jump from 1.1.9 to 1.3 no problem
2015-8-4
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-8-5 07:24
no you can jump from 1.1.9 to 1.3 no problem

Thanks, that's what I thought.  First time I had seen otherwise.
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347365 ft
United States

AlmostTan Posted at 2015-8-5 07:22

Only with the App and RC:

Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
2015-8-4
Use props
natsgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132881 ft
Philippines

So how can we officially downgrade to 1.1.9?
2015-8-4
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

LeHussard Posted at 2015-8-4 17:42
I made everything, as each time... but my P3P is beeping non-stop "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" since 10  ...

Hello there,
NO...your update has failed...read the NEW UPDATED RELEASE NOTES for step by step instructions...!!! ;-(
2015-8-4
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
United States

Nico Posted at 2015-8-4 17:54
I'd really like to know if the errors in the previous firmware are resolved too. Furthermore i'd lik ...

Hello there,
I keep all my firmware past and present on the micro sim card...in the bird...dir structure as follows from the root inward...new folder I call mine...firmware...new folder the next one I name ...old_updates...new folders that I name...per versions...I put a copy of all my successful updates in there own folder....that includes the new version that I just upgraded to today...all files including the auto generated text files per upgrade...I can run any version I need or want...just-say-in...I leave a copy of all files to the version I am running on the root for the hard ware...aircraft...RC...barriers...to access as I use them...and to keep the RC and aircraft happy...Remember that this is how I fly and if you try this on your equipment it is at your own risk...as there are some that have told me that it can`t work and that you must fly with only the bin file on a freshly formatted sim card...!!! ;-)
2015-8-4
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

Updated the new firmware and all is good!!!!

Went for a test flight and it seems like there is no real issue.

The only issue Im having is that I can't sync my flight logs. I m using Mini iPad 3.

Any help?

Thanks
2015-8-4
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
United States

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 02:56
In the firmware update .pdf instructions, the solid red light means an error occurred.  Mine did th ...

Hello there,
Say if you did not miss type...YOU DON`T PUT THE ZIP FILE ON THE MICROSD CARD...Just the extracted .bin file and it has to be on the root dir after you upgrade take a look at the card you should see a tex file read that to verify the end result then transfer the files on that card via usb connection to the RC and take a look after you run the update on it to read the new text files for the end result... for you info... this is how I do it and have had no issues ...

I keep all my firmware past and present on the micro sim card...in the bird...dir structure as follows from the root inward...new folder I call mine...firmware...new folder the next one I name ...old_updates...new folders that I name...per versions...I put a copy of all my successful updates in there own folder....that includes the new version that I just upgraded to today...all files including the auto generated text files per upgrade...I can run any version I need or want...just-say-in...I leave a copy of all files to the version I am running on the root for the hard ware...aircraft...RC...barriers...to access as I use them...and to keep the RC and aircraft happy...Remember that this is how I fly and if you try this on your equipment it is at your own risk...as there are some that have told me that it can`t work and that you must fly with only the bin file on a freshly formatted sim card...!!! ;-)
2015-8-4
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

Slyone Posted at 2015-8-5 10:45
Updated the new firmware and all is good!!!!

Went for a test flight and it seems like there is no r ...

Hi All,

Just got a an answer to my question .

If you are also having syncing issues at 3% apparently DJI knows about this and it would be sort soon.

Fingers crossed its not going to take to long.......
2015-8-4
Use props
katolystic
lvl.1

Philippines

I made a quick video on how to update your Phantom 3 and the RC. It may be useful to newbies. Hope this helps.
Here is the link to the thread: DJI Forum Thread

2015-8-5
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

I would appreciate just an honest opinion for you, I have been dealing with the tilted horizon since May, when I got the Phantom.  Do you think that the issue will be fixed with a firmware update?  I'm holding off on sending it in for repair because I don't want to have to wait for many weeks & all of a sudden the issue gets fixed with a firmware update.   Thanks for all the great help & feedback you give us.
2015-8-5
Use props
deborah.seline
New

United States

Updating the firmware first time--revised

I have P3Prof. Just trying to update the first firmware. I downloaded the .bin file to the SD card and inserted it in the slot by the camera. I turned on the drone and got the beeps and yellow (green?) flashing light with red steady lights. This was an hour ago, and still the lights are flashing with red steady. I am down to two light bars on the battery. How long do I let it upload the firmware? How do I abort?

UPDATE
I finallly just turned it off, recharged the battery and then was going to refort the SD card and try again. I found a txt file on the SD card the advised me the firmware I had tried to upload aborted since it was the same as the one already loaded. OK, so I erased those two files (the .bin and the .txt) and uploaded the .bin for 1.2.6 to the SD and inserted it in the slot. Now I am getting yellow flashing and the D-D-D-D every two seconds. Red is steady. After about 15 minutes, I got the skipped beat tone that continued until I turned off the unit. I turned it back on, and the drone started up normally.

The drone firmware update was successful.

Now trying to update the controller. I placed the same .bin file on a thumb drive (that I had just formatted), inserted it in the USB port on the back, turned on the unit, and have a green steady light. I also turned on the drone and have green flashing lights on the rear pylons. No steady blue on the remote as stated in the instructions. I also tried turning on the drone and then the controller and stil lnot blue light.

Any ideas?

2015-8-6
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

deborah.seline, the status light on the camera is the light you want to focus on. Review these detailed instructions:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

You can restart the installation process by turning off your Phantom and starting at #1 in the above instructions.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-6
Use props
deborah.seline
New

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-7 05:21
deborah.seline, the status light on the camera is the light you want to focus on. Review these detai ...

Thanks, Phantom Help!
2015-8-6
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Amber Posted at 2015-8-5 01:23
When you do the firmware upgrade it will update the battery you have in, I just inserted the next  ...

Quoted for Instructions ...

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware
The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade
package files in your SD card. The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft.
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules