DJI Thermal Analysis Tool v3.0
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Whenever I want to open a directory, the program crashes.
Does the program work for you with Windows 11?

Software-Crash.jpg
2022-7-4
Use props
emammana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58235 ft

Brazil

Same error with Windows 10, but works fine with Windows 11.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_xWQsTDnAbLik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50584 ft
Germany

Hi, same error here. The Thermal Analysis Tool crashes every time I try to open a thermal image taken by the M2EA.
It does not make any difference if I use the tool with windows 10 or windows 11. It crashes each time.

Such a tool does not make any sense .. will there be an update soon ?
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_xWQsTDnAbLik
lvl.2
Germany

Hey, I think I have a workaround for this problem.
Open only folderts with only thermal imges inside. As a workaround copy your thermal images to a seperate Folder and open this Folder with the tool

The Thermal Analysis Tool is a bit "clumsy" programmed. It is only capable to read and open thermal images. If there is an other image such as a "normal" JPEG the Program will crash. If there is a therrmal image edited by the tool itself, that can't be opened but this time ther occurs a hint ..... why not in the cases above ???

It would be much more intelligent if the programm would show an icon which says "Not the right Format" or "Unreadable", etc. but DJI deciced to crash ... CLUMSY

Hope there will be a bugfix soon.

Greetings
  Marc
2022-7-6
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hi Marc
Thaks a lot! This workaround works.
Such a program from DJI...

Regards
Peter
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_xWQsTDnAbLik
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Peter,

there are some more features I am missing. OK, compared to the V2 the tool looks much ore professinal. You can add your own logo to te report, the tempeature scala is correct transferred into the report and it doesnt mismatch wiith high screen resolutions.

But why to hell i am not able to switsch the font size or the font color as in Version 2 ??? And where to hell is the free polygon area gone ?? How can I delt someting or all ?
Another practical feature was to read the temperature underneath the cursor ....
And if I had a wish .... to define a temperature range and all things within this range would be highlighted ant the things outside this range would be some sort of "greyed out"

As you would say in german "This tool seems to be knitted with a hot needle"

Looking forward to an update ..

Greetings
Marc
2022-7-6
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

I got an answer from DJI Support:
Thank you for your patience. There is indeed a current issue with the current version of Thermal Analysis Tool 3.0. Until the problem is solved by an upcoming update, you can try to set the compatibility mode to Windows 8 in the shortcut properties:
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_xWQsTDnAbLik
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Peter,

thanks for this information ...

I will try ...

OK, this workaround works ... Now the RGB Pictures are shown with an icon saying *unreadable picture format*

The option to change the font size and the position of the text are hiding in the context menu by clicking the right mouse button ... the delete option also ;-)

But i can not find a way to change the font color ... I am missing also the possibility to define a free polygon are .... There is only a sqare and a circle   ;-)

A highlighted region by an adjustable temperature rang would also be helpfull ...

Greetings Marc

2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_xWQsTDnAbLik
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Peter,

I have taken a look on the new Version 3.0.1 ;-)

It`s a bugfix ---- Now the tool works as it should.
It does not crash anymore while starting. For  "not readable files" such as normal jpg's the thumnails are "crossed" with an icon.
Would be great if these pictures could just be displayed without any editing possibilities. Or ist it possible to start automatically the corresponding programm for this file type ?

At the moment the only thing i am still missing is the possibility to create a "free" shaped area that can be measured  by drawing a line line ("Polygon" ?) and setting several points - this was possible in Version 2.

Another point I am wondering  about is why the text size is adjustable (small, medium, large) while the text location is "middle" but as soon as the text ist in a box (text position: left or right) only the "name of the area" ist adjustable, the text in the box does not change the seize ---- another bug ?

The color of the text is due to the dark and light outline somehow readable ---- a possibility to change the text color individually would be nice.

Is there a possibility to delete all items at once, I have just found an option to delete one Item at a time ?

It would be nice if you could define a temperature range and everything outside this range will be sort of "greyed" (slightly darkened)

Beside this wishes this tools works good.

In total this vcersion is much more @user friendly@ than version 2. xxx

Greetings Marc
2022-7-22
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

Thank you Marc!

Greetings Peter
2022-7-22
Use props