Aux Landing Lights Not Working
2211 8 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilgerat984
lvl.1

United States

I haven't used the drone for a long time, so when I took it out, there were updates. After everything updated, I noticed the Auxillary Landing Lights no longer worked. They don't work automatically & I can't turn them on manually either. Has anyone had this problem, or know how to correct it? I like using those lights when I'm doinf home inspections.

2022-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How are you attempting to switch the lights on manually?

I have C1 or C2 set to do that (RC1A/B controller)

I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning reseating the connector that connects the bottom cover's electonics to the drone. If my memory is correct it's a simple job,
You don't really need to remove the mSD card, everyting related to the card is attached to the bottom cover. The guy in that video is swapping the actual components from one cover to another.
2022-7-4
Use props
Bilgerat984
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-4 17:48
How are you attempting to switch the lights on manually?

I have C1 or C2 set to do that (RC1A/B controller)

I'm using the C1, C2 switches. I also tried setting the lights to Automatic & landing in low light. Neither way works. I just tried resetting the connector as you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The lights still don't function.
2022-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bilgerat984 Posted at 7-4 18:44
I'm using the C1, C2 switches. I also tried setting the lights to Automatic & landing in low light. Neither way works. I just tried resetting the connector as you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The lights still don't function.

Darn, that's a pity.
I have a bottom cover in my hand, it looks like there's a connection, the opposite end of the ribbon cable,  on the board screwed to the inside of the cover, the connector sits under a removeable metal plate that is held in place by two tiny screws. I suppose you could try reseating that connector.
After that I am out of ideas, sorry.
2022-7-4
Use props
Bilgerat984
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-4 19:41
Darn, that's a pity.
I have a bottom cover in my hand, it looks like there's a connection, the opposite end of the ribbon cable,  on the board screwed to the inside of the cover, the connector sits under a removeable metal plate that is held in place by two tiny screws. I suppose you could try reseating that connector.
After that I am out of ideas, sorry.

I reset both sides of the cable while I was in there. I just ordered another board & cable, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, is there a way to delete all the firmware updates & reset the drone & controller back to original factory versions? DJI is known for crap coding & I'm willing to bet there's a glitch somewhere.
2022-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bilgerat984 Posted at 7-4 20:08
I reset both sides of the cable while I was in there. I just ordered another board & cable, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, is there a way to delete all the firmware updates & reset the drone & controller back to original factory versions? DJI is known for crap coding & I'm willing to bet there's a glitch somewhere.

Good thinking, it's a bit of a bummer that it comes down to swap and test but we can but ........suffer the consequences lol.Ho hum.

You can downgrade the RC1A and at a guess the RC1B using the DJI Assintant 2 For Mavic. I haven't a clue about resetting settings sorry
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bilgerat984. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Drone, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-4
Use props
Bilgerat984
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-4 21:37
Good thinking, it's a bit of a bummer that it comes down to swap and test but we can but ........suffer the consequences lol.Ho hum.

You can downgrade the RC1A and at a guess the RC1B using the DJI Assintant 2 For Mavic. I haven't a clue about resetting settings sorry

It was the board! The new one got here today, I put it in, updated the firmware, & the lights worked.

It's too bad DJI doesn't put out a diagnostic program for things like this. There's some old rooftop A/C units I work on (I'm an HVAC Tech) that I can interface with through my laptop. There's a diagnostic routine I can call up & within minutes, I can determine if it's a computer fault, a module fault, or a mechanical fault, sitting at my house. And believe me, the computers in those 20 year old units aren't even 1/100th as sophisticated as what's in these drones! (It takes the system over 15 minutes to boot up from a cold start.)
2022-7-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

that's good news.
I wouldn't be surprised if such stuff is available to DJI repairers who actually repair drones but, as with bits/parts, not available for the general public. We aren't meant to removing covers etc. etc/ etc..
2022-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules