891 1 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Model T-1000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7904 ft

India

Greeting to all

I hope I am following forum rules for my first discussion.

I am having some doubts with frequency emission from my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (Or Mavic mini/spark). Let me create a situation for better understanding. Being from India our drones are set to CE mode by default. Suppose my Phantom is like 200 meters away from takeoff location and for some unknown reasons the communication between the Tx and Rx gets break (Tx exploded). So by default the drone will wait for 3 seconds for the next command, if not received any then Failsafe RTH would kick in cause it to come back to home location.

Question –

1. Do Rx emit any signals/frequencies to Tx for communication like Tx do?  I know they can communicate on the ‘give and take’ protocol but is it proper emission or just the protocol?

2.  While following the RTH path, will the receiver try to regain lost signals? If YES, how it would and what would be the exact pattern? It would try to regain continuously or in some defined pattern (Ex- in slots of every 3 seconds).

3. What would be the frequencies emitted by the receiver? 2.4/5.8 GHz or some other frequencies to regain?

4. Can I mimic the situation in real time and use spectrum analyser to study the pattern and power of Rx?

I guess I have explained the situation well and expecting response. Thanks
2022-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, you have explained it reasonably well, but it may be too technical for people here. Do not expect a response from DJI, they do not answer technical questions on this forum. But anyway:

1/ Receivers (Rx) do not emit anything, but there are two pairs of transmitter and receiver in the drone and the controller.

2/ The aircraft will try to re-establish the radio link while returning after going into RTH because of losing the radio link. Even so, it will still continue to return to home.

3/ Both pairs of links use 2.4 or 5.8GHz channels.

4/ Don't know.

2022-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules