LUT - Mini 3
33814 23 2022-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-Zero
lvl.2

Brazil

I know the Mini 3 uses D-CINELIKE but I would like to be able to use some DLog-M to Rec709 LUT for editing (I prefer to shoot in 10bit).

I already tried using the LUT of my Mavic 2 Pro but I didn't like the contrast (too high).

Could someone point me to some LUT to use on the Mini 3?

2022-7-5
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

D-cinelike is not a full LOG file (only less contrast and saturation)
so there is no LUT for
2022-7-5
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean Alami has a 709 Lut in his shop.
https://www.seanalami.com/shop

He does some interesting videos also:
2022-7-5
Use props
TomMG
lvl.2
Germany

I found 2 Lut which looks quite nice but never tested further. Feel free to try.

LUT Mini3
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_gS9N23cjKPdn
lvl.2
Poland

yes, GEODRONE LUT D-CINE.cube   is the best
2022-7-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 7-5 02:53
D-cinelike is not a full LOG file (only less contrast and saturation)
so there is no LUT for

Just because it isn’t a LOG profile, doesn’t mean you can’t use a LUT on it.  It does mean you won’t have as much latitude to make as much change, but you certainly can still use a LUT if it’s properly designed for that particular color profile.
2022-7-5
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

I use this one https://www.groundcontrol.film/free-luts/free-cinelike-d-lut

Won't help much since it is a night clip, but I made a comparison:

Youtube adds banding, here is the original file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... EaqlDxup1HcTC9/view
2022-7-5
Use props
T-Zero
lvl.2

Brazil

Thank you all for the tips and comments

2022-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I always use the same lut on my cinelike footage.
Works great.
It's on my other laptop, so I have to look for it.
2022-7-6
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

The Istanbul footage is interesting, but I shudder to think how many laws this guy broke getting this footage, and I am constantly amazed at how the drone community (including this one) simply ignores how this (and most drone videos posted to YouTube) flagrantly and routinely violate regulations.  And yet some wonder why there's so much hate out there for people flying drones, and why the restrictions keep getting tighter.

Violating airspace regs out in an empty, rural area, where nobody is around, is one thing.  Flying directly over the center over one of the world's biggest cities, in a place that's super-densely populated, crowded (even at night), that's thick with major religious monuments -- flying directly over that nations #1 tourist attraction AND it's most holy place, in a country that's not exactly known for taking a gentle, hands-off attitude with people who break rules...well, that's something else.  

Crack-downs on drone flying gonna come, more and more restrictions are inevitable, and as this kind of flagrant violation of the regulations continues, there will be be lots of consequences (beyond the DJI bot's automated nonsense post that will surely follow, with a friendly reminder to please "check all local drone laws").  When more and more restrictions and crackdowns with heavy-handed enforcement comes, don't be shocked.  I've seen (and anyone who flies their mini in a location like this should watch it, too).
2022-7-10
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Burstmode Posted at 7-10 07:50
The Istanbul footage is interesting, but I shudder to think how many laws this guy broke getting this footage, and I am constantly amazed at how the drone community (including this one) simply ignores how this (and most drone videos posted to YouTube) flagrantly and routinely violate regulations.  And yet some wonder why there's so much hate out there for people flying drones, and why the restrictions keep getting tighter.

Violating airspace regs out in an empty, rural area, where nobody is around, is one thing.  Flying directly over the center over one of the world's biggest cities, in a place that's super-densely populated, crowded (even at night), that's thick with major religious monuments -- flying directly over that nations #1 tourist attraction AND it's most holy place, in a country that's not exactly known for taking a gentle, hands-off attitude with people who break rules...well, that's something else.  

How do you know it was illegal recording, recording without permission...?   
2022-7-10
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Burstmode Posted at 7-10 07:50
The Istanbul footage is interesting, but I shudder to think how many laws this guy broke getting this footage, and I am constantly amazed at how the drone community (including this one) simply ignores how this (and most drone videos posted to YouTube) flagrantly and routinely violate regulations.  And yet some wonder why there's so much hate out there for people flying drones, and why the restrictions keep getting tighter.

Violating airspace regs out in an empty, rural area, where nobody is around, is one thing.  Flying directly over the center over one of the world's biggest cities, in a place that's super-densely populated, crowded (even at night), that's thick with major religious monuments -- flying directly over that nations #1 tourist attraction AND it's most holy place, in a country that's not exactly known for taking a gentle, hands-off attitude with people who break rules...well, that's something else.  

You are assuming many things without knowledge of the situation. This is not good!
( your reference to that 70’s movie is also utter nonsense)
2022-7-10
Use props
Luggruff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147684 ft
Greece

TomMG Posted at 2022-7-5 03:34
I found 2 Lut which looks quite nice but never tested further. Feel free to try.

LUT Mini3

Just tried them and can say with certainty that they are not a slap-on-solution. One blew out highlights like nothing before in one shot and lowers shadows a ton in both, and the other, while preserving highlights, blows out the blacks/darks.

Below I will give two examples using the first LUT called "GEODRONE LUT D-CINE". It's not the best edits, although I think they serve well as a lesson to why one should never rely fully on LUTs, and so it is clear some additional work will still be needed in most cases. The examples below are very similar in exposure, yet, the adjustments needed were quite different.

If anyone uses these with say Davinci Resolve, they would be advised to add some nodes before the LUT node to make some adjustments like so: nodes.png

Example 1:

Original D-CINELIKE footage:

"GEODRONE LUT D-CINE" applied:

Added highlights node before LUT node to bring down highlights by -0.05 and lights by -.084 before the LUT node:

Added another node before the LUT to raise the shadows by 0.41:

Added yet another node before the LUT to adjust the blues in the sky by adding 67.4 saturation:

Example 2:

Original D-CINELIKE footage:

"GEODRONE LUT D-CINE" applied (here it did not blow out the highlights too much):

Added highlights node before LUT node to bring down highlights by -0.05 and lights by -.048 before the LUT node:

Added another node before the LUT to raise the shadows by 0.41:

Added yet another node before the LUT to adjust the blues in the sky by adding 57.9 saturation:

So as you can see, both needed adjustments, although not the same adjustments.

Ultimately, I often just apply a "Color space transform" node with the color space "BlackMagic Design Pocked 4K Film Gen 4" as a base as it works well with the D-CINELIKE profile, then make my edits manually. Although, some I save as LUT's to be reused in a specific folder. Often this will be LUTs with isolated edits, like a few different ones for different highlight situations, a few different ones for different shadow situations, and so on, as footage rarely has the same lighting conditions. That way I can just apply them to different nodes instead as it saves some time having to find my way back manually.
2023-3-5
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Luggruff Posted at 3-5 23:42
Just tried them and can say with certainty that they are not a slap-on-solution. One blew out highlights like nothing before in one shot and lowers shadows a ton in both, and the other, while preserving highlights, blows out the blacks/darks.

Below I will give two examples using the first LUT called "GEODRONE LUT D-CINE". It's not the best edits, although I think they serve well as a lesson to why one should never rely fully on LUTs, and so it is clear some additional work will still be needed in most cases. The examples below are very similar in exposure, yet, the adjustments needed were quite different.

Try these
LUT 709.zip (132.68 KB, Down times: 862)
2023-3-6
Use props
Luggruff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147684 ft
Greece

It's better for sure, although the point about using LUTs still stands: You usually need to do quite a bit of adjustment in either case. It is rare for a LUT to work well "as is" considering all the different exposures and lighting conditions.
2023-3-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Paul Leeming has the Mini 3 D-Cinelike to full, accurate rec.709 LUTs.
No guesswork then - you get a pure 709 output for further editing.
2023-3-6
Use props
RDowson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18904 ft
United Kingdom

When I output the D-Cinelike footage in Rec. 2020 to get HLG HDR, I'm finding the greens and blues too vibrant with the LUTs posted above. Are there any different LUTs I should be using when outputting in Rec. 2020?
2023-4-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Luggruff Posted at 3-5 23:42
Just tried them and can say with certainty that they are not a slap-on-solution. One blew out highlights like nothing before in one shot and lowers shadows a ton in both, and the other, while preserving highlights, blows out the blacks/darks.

Below I will give two examples using the first LUT called "GEODRONE LUT D-CINE". It's not the best edits, although I think they serve well as a lesson to why one should never rely fully on LUTs, and so it is clear some additional work will still be needed in most cases. The examples below are very similar in exposure, yet, the adjustments needed were quite different.

Yes, the LUT we made was right at launch of the drone and not optimized, as we have written is a start point.
Also it was important that you go over 30FPS, as inside 30fps you have that double exposure and no LUT can anticipate that...
Still, all LUT have some steps:
1. Correct the WB
2. Correct the Highlights/Blacks
3. Upload the LUT.
If is not respected in this order, will fail.
Also in Davinci need to see the interpretation of footage .

Cheers.
2023-5-12
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Drone.Hunter, thanks for providing those 2 LUTs; yesterday, I compared 9 LUTs applied to D-Cinelike footage from Mini 3 pro via Kdenlive. For my eyes, these 2 produced optimum results with no funkiness and similar to the normal (non D-Cinelike) footage outputted by the mini 3 pro.  
2023-5-24
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Rej Posted at 5-24 08:54
Drone.Hunter, thanks for providing those 2 LUTs; yesterday, I compared 9 LUTs applied to D-Cinelike footage from Mini 3 pro via Kdenlive. For my eyes, these 2 produced optimum results with no funkiness and similar to the normal (non D-Cinelike) footage outputted by the mini 3 pro.

Sorry for this naive question, but... if the LUT's provide you with the same output as straight from the mini 3 pro... then why start in D-Cinelike at all? I thought the whole idea was to create better output than the default.... :confused:
2023-5-25
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Frank071 Posted at 5-25 00:09
Sorry for this naive question, but... if the LUT's provide you with the same output as straight from the mini 3 pro... then why start in D-Cinelike at all? I thought the whole idea was to create better output than the default.... :confused:

Normal - 8 bit
D-Cinelike - 10 bit
And if you wish, you can use other LUTs

2023-5-25
Use props
NoelAlvarez
New

Chile

I use this lut and it works fine "D-Log to Rec.709 LUT" on the same DJI page download
2023-6-30
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

might i ask where these are from? just so that i can evaluate. thanks
2023-10-7
Use props
Gimbalair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3289062 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 2022-7-10 07:50
The Istanbul footage is interesting, but I shudder to think how many laws this guy broke getting this footage, and I am constantly amazed at how the drone community (including this one) simply ignores how this (and most drone videos posted to YouTube) flagrantly and routinely violate regulations.  And yet some wonder why there's so much hate out there for people flying drones, and why the restrictions keep getting tighter.

Violating airspace regs out in an empty, rural area, where nobody is around, is one thing.  Flying directly over the center over one of the world's biggest cities, in a place that's super-densely populated, crowded (even at night), that's thick with major religious monuments -- flying directly over that nations #1 tourist attraction AND it's most holy place, in a country that's not exactly known for taking a gentle, hands-off attitude with people who break rules...well, that's something else.  

Its about a LUT not the flying
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules