950 7 2022-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iGeorge55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670515 ft
United Kingdom

Hey DJI Forums,

Today, after having it for but a week, I have managed to crash my FPV drone.
I was confident I knew where it landed as I was practicing in a fairly large field (full of low corn plants).

Basically I was flying low, one of the landing feet hit somthing, flipped my drone, it hit the deck and I insatntly lost connection to the goggles.
I am wondering if anyone has any tricks I may use to find this, I have had a small search party out looking for this and for the life of us we cannot find it at all.
This is super strange as I was confident i knew where it crashed. Yet, it is no where to be seen, I have a mavic Air 2 I have used to assist in looking but again, nothing has shown up.

When I was flying I was using JUST the goggles and controler, no phones was attached.
I have a 30 seconds clip inmy goggles showing some time before the crash, but it cutr out roughly 5 2-5 seconds before it crashed.
And going at some speed it could have gotten a fair way down the field.  

I am just so confused as we cannot see this at all. Im starting to think that maybe connection was lost due to the camera smashing, and then the drone has just taken off or somthing like that, I am unsure.

Is there any other methods I can use to possibly locate some data as to its last recorded position before going offline?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thansk!
George

2022-7-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you still have a connection you can let it beep - you have to set it up. But I guess now it's too late. There are additional buzzers independent of the drone (for next time). Wish you good luck. Your position you can only get visually in the (hopefully) recorded video in the goggles - not very helpful.
2022-7-5
Use props
ragge1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18323 ft
Norway

Depp Posted at 7-5 08:25
If you still have a connection you can let it beep - you have to set it up. But I guess now it's too late. There are additional buzzers independent of the drone (for next time). Wish you good luck. Your position you can only get visually in the (hopefully) recorded video in the goggles - not very helpful.

#Depp , I'm also new , how do you set  the beep , thanks
2022-7-5
Use props
iGeorge55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670515 ft
United Kingdom

Hey All,

Thanks for the advice.
After around 5 hours of searching with multiple people we have found the drone.

Unsure as to how it got to where it was found as it definitely crashed a way away from that location.
Any whooo, thanks for the assistance!

Drone is definitely going to need some repairs as a leg has fallen off (I have the leg).
Powers up and motors seem to spin and camera seems to work too.
For those who told me this drone wasn't durable, I doubt them.

Thanks!
George
2022-7-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

iGeorge55 Posted at 7-5 09:37
Hey All,

Thanks for the advice.

Great. Good luck next time...
2022-7-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

ragge1 Posted at 7-5 09:12
#Depp , I'm also new , how do you set  the beep , thanks

I have a German version, so the words might not be entirely correct:
In the settings in the goggles: settings-control-RC and then C1 or C2 choose "blink and beep" or similar.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there George. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash and this unfortunate event happened with your DJI FPV. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for what happened and thank you.
2022-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

iGeorge55 Posted at 7-5 09:37
Hey All,

Thanks for the advice.

Great news.  Now just need to get it in for repair.  
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules