DJI RC calibration fail (error code 60010)
14714 34 2022-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_H8Umtfn4TR8q
lvl.1

Guadeloupe

HI !
I bought DJI Mini 3 Pro with a DJI RC controller 2 weeks ago and my first flights was amazing.

However, yesterday my RC controller while starting, was giving me the “Remote Control Calibration required error” (code 60010) and blinking blue.

I tried to do it from the setting but the two scroll wheels are not responding ; Calibration is impossible and the aircraft can’t take off.

So I refreshed the firmware of the both controller and aircraft with the DJI Assistant, but the remote is still blinking blue and it give me the same error code…  
Can someone help me ?
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series ) on your PC and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of both your DJI Mini 3 Pro and the DJI RC to see if the issue persists? After successfully doing this process ( update or refresh ), kindly please perform a remote controller  calibration and re-link the DJI Mini 3 Pro to its remote controller, and check if there are any changes. If the issue still persist after these process.  I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_ASpQW7FtV8mj
New

Trinidad and Tobago

I'm having the same issue with my DJI RC PRO for my dji air2s!! its so frustrating, ive tried everything suggested and nothing is working.
2022-7-20
Use props
DjiUser_Levill
lvl.1
Chile

I have the same issue with my RC controller with my Mini 3 pro !! i dont know what i can do
2022-7-24
Use props
djiuser_bdCqXKT2sK1N
lvl.1

United States

DjiUser_Levill Posted at 7-24 17:20
I have the same issue with my RC controller with my Mini 3 pro !! i dont know what i can do

Do you have an SD card in the controller?
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_bdCqXKT2sK1N
lvl.1

United States

Do you have an SD Card in your controller, I am having the same issue and I believe its the SD Card, when I removed it I got it to work; however I tried a diff SD card got the error again
2022-8-19
Use props
RRinFlight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1161122 ft
United States

I have the Air2s and the RCPro Controller and last week I got the error code 60010, I got home and charged up my controller and batteries restart the controller and it worked fine until today. Why now? Firmwear update? Its up to date, I had noises till now.. Help!
2022-8-24
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

I just went to use my new RC Pro controller with my new Air 2S, and have this same problem.  

Message "Remote controller calibration required.  Power off aircraft and go to Control to perform calibration. (Code: 60010)".
- I power off controller, and go to the compass calibration screen... That screen says "Compass normal" at the bottom, but also "Start Calibration".
- The first time I ran the calibration, it took a while to calibrate, but now when I try it, it immediately goes to "Calibration Succeeded".
- Restart aircraft and connnect... and same error message.

I also tried clearing app cache (in Profile / Settings / Storage), but no difference.

BUT... I then tried ignoring the error.  I started the props, and then immediately shut them down.  After that, the error was gone, and just "Takeoff permitted" appeared.
2022-8-24
Use props
rupe100
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Mine is also having the same problem:

My RC Pro controller Is giving me the “Remote Control Calibration  required" error but when I try to calibrate it, it just says OK instantly like  it's finished the calibration.

The Error never clears. I've tried  refreshing both Mavic 3 Cini & RC Pro Controllers Firmware by  hooking it to my Mac and using the DJI Assistant 2 app. I even tried  down grading the Firmware on the drone. Nothing seams to be fixing it.  It will not let me take off.

--

Just spoke to DJI care and they asked me to ship it all to them - which is frustraiting because I needed it this week on a project.

2022-9-5
Use props
halls
New
Flight distance : 332484 ft
United States

I'm having exactly the same issue after flying the brand new drone for 5min.

That's extremely frustrating especially because I won't be able to use the drone for a trip I have planned. Returning it seems like the only option.
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_XfLQSEgr8HCq
New
Flight distance : 23960 ft
Turkey

Çözdüm. aslında çok basit bir olay smart controller in ekranından aşağı doğdu kaydırıp control stick calibration a girip yaptıktan sonra düzeldi
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_baZkjm7CH6eC
New
Philippines

Hi, I flew my mini2 about 10 times.
I never had any problems until two days ago.
In fact, I started my drone as usual to make a flight, but as soon as it gained altitude it left in high speed in retreat. I couldn’t maneuver it because I didn’t have any control over the drone, I almost lost it which really scared me. From there, every time I start the remote control it starts ringing and it asks for a calibration (Code 60010). I’ve tried to calibrate several times but it doesn’t work. All joystick movements work except for the forward and backward movements of the right joystick.  
I have also updated the application, but I still can’t resolve the CR issue.
Can you help me with that, please.
2022-9-24
Use props
Leophir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175636 ft
France

Same issue here lost control of my Mini 2 and barely managed to bring it closer to me after restarting the RC mid-flight. Ultimately I had to crash somewhere. The right joystick was completely unresponsive / sending random signals.
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_m9i96l75qqXe
lvl.1

Hungary

Nekem is ez a probléma. Az elmúlt 2 hétben nem repültem, aztán ma próbáltam elindítani, de a távirányító kéri a kalibrálást. Hibakód.: 60010
Beszéltem a supporttal és persze vissza kell küldeni mert itthon nem tudom megcsinálni.
Ez a második alkalom, hogy visszaküldök egy készüléket. Először is a vezérlő és a drón nem kommunikált egymással. Vettem egy újat. Most egy távirányító. Ki vagyok keseredve, mert 1000 euróért vettem és 1-2 havonta vissza kell küldenem az ilyen dolgok miatt.
2022-10-25
Use props
djiuser_m9i96l75qqXe
lvl.1

Hungary

This is the problem for me too. I haven't flown in the last 2 weeks, then today I tried to start it, but the remote control asks for calibration. Error Code.: 60010 I talked to support and of course it has to be sent back because I can't do it at home. It's the second time I'm returning a device. First, the controller and the drone didn't communicate. I got a new one. Now it's a remote controller. I'm upset because I bought it for 1000 euros and I have to send it back every 1-2 months because of things like this.
2022-10-25
Use props
djiuser_ROMd9CY6G35N
New

United States

I had same issue. Here is what fixed it. Power on drone and smart controller. Hit the 3 dots on top right of screen go to control, scroll down to rc calibration. Power off drone, wait a sec then enter the rc calibration and move sticks and both the top wheels. Should say calibration complete and good to go.
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_U3ZKJf4IJXv4
New

United Kingdom

disconnect the drone from the controller and reconnect on your profile in the controller.  it worked for me
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_7ikdbdnlZ28U
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_bdCqXKT2sK1N Posted at 8-19 03:53
Do you have an SD Card in your controller, I am having the same issue and I believe its the SD Card, when I removed it I got it to work; however I tried a diff SD card got the error again

Your belief is wrong. I have no SD card and yet same issue with brand new RC.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_sZB6sRAakV1M
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_ROMd9CY6G35N Posted at 11-3 13:05
I had same issue. Here is what fixed it. Power on drone and smart controller. Hit the 3 dots on top right of screen go to control, scroll down to rc calibration. Power off drone, wait a sec then enter the rc calibration and move sticks and both the top wheels. Should say calibration complete and good to go.

The instructions for this fix on the remote are a little off.  The way described above is correct and I think it was the way that was intended.  DON’T POWER OFF THE DRONE IMMEDIATELY!  With the controller and drone powered on get to the Control menu choice THEN power off the drone and do the stick calibration NOT the drone compass calibration.

Huge thanks to the user above for helping me to see the light!
2022-12-22
Use props
_ngkaYRLpCVRX
New

United Kingdom

I think dji need to get the 60010 code sorted or mine is going back.   This is spoiling my experience with the Mini 3.  Every time i try and fly im getting this issue; and yes I have the latest firmware.   
2023-2-3
Use props
_ngkaYRLpCVRX
New

United Kingdom

I think dji need to get the fault code 60010 sorted or mine is going back; its completely spoiling my enjoyment.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

_ngkaYRLpCVRX Posted at 2-3 03:07
I think dji need to get the fault code 60010 sorted or mine is going back; its completely spoiling my enjoyment.

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience.
When you meet this problem, it means the remote control needs to be calibrated. Please turn off the drone power and calibrate the remote control on the control setting page.
Please keep us updated if you still meet any problems.
Thank you.
2023-2-3
Use props
mynamehere
New

Canada

This is happening to me on my new Air2S, everytime it complains it needs recallibration, i do it and the next time I turn it on, the whole process starts again with the most annoying beeping just to make it that much more annoying.  i could probably handle having to recalibrate every time if not for the beeping.  PLEASE FIND A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.  I want to send our new 2 drones back.  thanks.
2023-4-18
Use props
honkytonkman7
lvl.1

Ireland

Fix:  it was the sd card! I had this error everytime I flew for the last few weeks and it was driving me up the wall, it would sometimes suddenly work and other times not let me fly at all. I tried removing the sd cards in the RC controller and it instantly worked!
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mynamehere Posted at 4-18 13:56
This is happening to me on my new Air2S, everytime it complains it needs recallibration, i do it and the next time I turn it on, the whole process starts again with the most annoying beeping just to make it that much more annoying.  i could probably handle having to recalibrate every time if not for the beeping.  PLEASE FIND A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.  I want to send our new 2 drones back.  thanks.

Hi, mynamehere. Thanks for notifying us about this concern. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. When you calibrated the remote controller, was it successful, or it didn't go through? We also recommend you refresh the firmware of RC. Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
Daddydrew
New
Flight distance : 809606 ft
United States

I had the exact same problem. The RC Controller was not calibrating correctly.  My right joystick on the controller was only moving up and down but not sideways.  As a result, the drone was unable to take off.  I called DJI customer service, their support agent was fantastic.  She instructed me to go online to fill out a form. I was emailed a UPS label within minutes.  From the time I dropped off the product at the UPS store till the time I received my product was exactly 7 days.  They fixed the right joystick and sent back my product, the drone works very well now.  If you have the same problem, go online to      https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-5-22
Use props
landrod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66585 ft
Netherlands

Daddydrew Posted at 5-22 06:17
I had the exact same problem. The RC Controller was not calibrating correctly.  My right joystick on the controller was only moving up and down but not sideways.  As a result, the drone was unable to take off.  I called DJI customer service, their support agent was fantastic.  She instructed me to go online to fill out a form. I was emailed a UPS label within minutes.  From the time I dropped off the product at the UPS store till the time I received my product was exactly 7 days.  They fixed the right joystick and sent back my product, the drone works very well now.  If you have the same problem, go online to      https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index

I also had the same problem, the Mini 3 Pro didn't take off.
Tried all suggestions given here. No luck.
Eventually I dowloaded and installed the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) app and refreshed the firmware of the RC Controller and Mini 3 Pro. Problem solved, all well now!
2023-5-28
Use props
Ralf Rc
New

Netherlands

I had a same problem and found as sulusion, it's quite simple i gave the controller om both side smack with the palm of my hands i restart it and it really works.
I think the sensor was stuck and has a little Moving part in it.
2023-6-14
Use props
Big Will
New
Flight distance : 24219 ft
Australia

Ralf Rc Posted at 6-14 11:29
I had a same problem and found as sulusion, it's quite simple i gave the controller om both side smack with the palm of my hands i restart it and it really works.
I think the sensor was stuck and has a little Moving part in it.

I too have found this the only way.
"This Is The Way"
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_2dLNQMCnvlAx
New
Flight distance : 4423 ft

Armenia

I have the same problem
I have bought DJI AIR 3 for only a month ago, but have flight 1 or 2 times
Remote Controller 2 calibration error all the time

have updated all the devices, but no solution for the error
During the calibration, the rollers are not reacting.

Please help me
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2dLNQMCnvlAx Posted at 12-28 00:05
I have the same problem
I have bought DJI AIR 3 for only a month ago, but have flight 1 or 2 times
Remote Controller 2 calibration error all the time

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. May I confirm if the Remote controller calibration has been successfully done? Please try to refresh the firmware via link. If the remote controller sticks aren't responding during the calibration, you may consider sending the unit for repair via www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_wGmrwEfyXV52
New

Canada

1-17 22:23
Use props
djiuser_wGmrwEfyXV52
New

Canada

I had this same problem with my rc pro controller for mavic 3 pro. I followed some instructions I found that said to go to compass via settings and calibrate controller and it kept jumping to “calibration complete”. But since that never worked I went to the menu in the top right of the controller screen, it’s the three little dots. That’s in the camera view screen which stayed open after I turned the drone off. I calibrated the controller through an option in that extended menu and it worked. It seems there is calibrating the compass and then the calibration the controls which are separate things.
1-17 22:25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_wGmrwEfyXV52 Posted at 1-17 22:25
I had this same problem with my rc pro controller for mavic 3 pro. I followed some instructions I found that said to go to compass via settings and calibrate controller and it kept jumping to “calibration complete”. But since that never worked I went to the menu in the top right of the controller screen, it’s the three little dots. That’s in the camera view screen which stayed open after I turned the drone off. I calibrated the controller through an option in that extended menu and it worked. It seems there is calibrating the compass and then the calibration the controls which are separate things.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Yes, the calibration compass for the DJI RC and Remote controller calibration are both different. We're glad to know that your problem has been rectified. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
1-18 02:55
Use props
djiuser_plqhVTo0T0Pn
New

United States

djiuser_ROMd9CY6G35N Posted at 2022-11-3 13:05
I had same issue. Here is what fixed it. Power on drone and smart controller. Hit the 3 dots on top right of screen go to control, scroll down to rc calibration. Power off drone, wait a sec then enter the rc calibration and move sticks and both the top wheels. Should say calibration complete and good to go.

Was frustrated, did everything I could to fix this. Saw this post here and thanks for the help, it worked. I'm back flying again!!!
4-18 16:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules