3570 13 2022-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikaVo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271909 ft
Netherlands

Hi!
I recently purchased a RS3 Pro, and i wonder if you can control it with D-Bus like the RS-2, or if there are other options to connect to third party receivers. I’d like to control it over a large distance, while the camera transmits video over a third party video link (dji transmission won’t be sufficient for our broadcast work)
2022-7-5
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, yes it does work together with the S focus wheel like it did with the RS2
2022-7-7
Use props
MikaVo
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for your reply! This is all i needed to know.
2022-7-7
Use props
JCFP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3681729 ft
United States

BeeSView, can you tell me if you think it's possible with a RS3 Pro and Focus Wheel, connected to the Matrice 600 Pro's A3 CANBus, connected to the M600P controller with Expansion Kit, to control tilt, ISO, Aperture, trigger AutoFocus, and trigger the shutter (specifically, fire a burst with the camera in high speed mode) or trigger video recording? Any advice on troubleshooting this?

Backstory - I've got a RS3 Pro mounted to my M600P, and with the Focus Wheel attached to the RS3P and the stock controller, I can control tilt. That alone is an upgrade to the Ronin MX, which drifted and was generally poor. I bought the DJI Transmission and am working with that, but that is a mandatory 2 person operation, whereas if I can get a few controls via the Focus Wheel approach (so no Transmission), I can do more as a single operator than just set exposure and focus and hit record before flying, using the tilt and the drone's L-R/Up-Down controls to frame the scene.
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MikaVo.  Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you may use D-BUS with DJI RS3 Pro. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-24
Use props
fans11453d36
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know of any way to get the Roinin 2 Controller to work with the RS 3 Pro?  The bigger joystick would work a ton better for car rigs!
2023-4-7
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello,
I just bought an RS3 Pro, and I'm not an expert with this type of equipment. I want to control the gimbal using the DJI transmission screen, but I don't want to use the wireless connection. Instead, I prefer to use a cable using Sbus control. Here are my questions:

1 - Can you tell me if it's possible to control the gimbal using Sbus?
2 - Is there a specific Sbus connector kit available to attach to the gimbal?
3 - Regarding the monitor, using the expansion plate, can you confirm if the Sbus signals pass through the power connector?
4 - Another option would be to use the Can bus, which is probably the one used by the Master wheels. Can you provide any insight on this?

Thank you for your assistance.
2023-5-17
Use props
MikaVo
lvl.2
Netherlands

Deeper guy,
Yes it is. The DJI R Focus Wheel has an S-Bus/Can-Bus input. https://store.dji.com/nl/product/ronin-s-focus-wheel
2 - Is there a specific Sbus connector kit available to attach to the gimbal?
I'm not aware of any (non DIY) solution other than the focus wheel.
3 - Regarding the monitor, using the expansion plate, can you confirm if the Sbus signals pass through the power connector?
I don't have DJI Transmission (yet). I can't say anything about the monitor or its gimbal control
4 - Another option would be to use the Can bus, which is probably the one used by the Master wheels. Can you provide any insight on this?
Master wheels have its own wireless receiver. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver. You can connect it to the DJI R Focus Wheel with Can bus.
This thread is about RS2, but it should apply to RS3 as well.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-235279-1-1.html
2023-5-17
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

MikaVo Posted at 5-17 02:05
Deeper guy,
Yes it is. The DJI R Focus Wheel has an S-Bus/Can-Bus input. https://store.dji.com/nl/product/ronin-s-focus-wheel

Thank you Mika Vo for your answers
2023-5-17
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

One more question: Where is it possible to obtain the wiring diagrams for the Sbus connector and the power connector of the DJI Transmission's expansion plate? Thank you in advance.
2023-5-17
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello, I just received the monitor extension plate, unfortunately there is no S-bus connection but this option is really useful.
2023-6-22
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello, for those interested, Cyanview offers very useful boxes for video system interconnection. They publish the S-Bus wiring.
2023-6-22
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello, I still need some information, can you help me? I'm looking to use the RS3-Pro like in the photo. Do you have any information to share? Thanks in advance.
2023-6-22
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello, after several attempts to get an answer that remained unanswered on this forum, do DJI engineers have a solution to my question? I want to use the RS3 pro and the DJI transmission monitor using a cable and not in RF because I am in a very disturbed environment but I absolutely want to use the monitor's IMU. Thank you.
2023-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules