853 5 2022-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to use my Mini 3 RC controller with my Mav 3 occasionally, particularly when it's hot and my iPhone becomes too dark to use.  I would like to learn how I can move back and forth from one drone to the other during a day of shooting while using the same RC controller. I would also like to learn what I must do if I want to switch back to the Mav 3 N1, plain controller for use with my iPhone and then swap back to the RC controller as desired.  Is it possible to do so easily?

2022-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's a guide -
2022-7-5
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 23:20
Here's a guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqglryGv0qQ

Thanks. I'd seen this because I subscribe to your channel!  I enjoy your commentary and review. Succinct and well spoken. The concern I have is reading (more than once) that there is some issue (never elucidated) that describes how, if you jump back and forth from one drone to the other there may be an issue with DJI care or the warranty or something.  I have now read this twice but in neither case did the comment contain any details. As far as you know can you simply bind it to the Mav 3 for a flight, switch to the Mini 3 or another drone for a flight and go back and forth as often as you wish?  You might enjoy a few videos on my tiny youtube channel. The videos from Atigun Pass, Valdez and the Alaska Railroad might be interesting if you ever get sufficiently bored . https://www.youtube.com/user/digibud/videos       Thanks again for the post.
2022-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 7-6 07:52
Thanks. I'd seen this because I subscribe to your channel!  I enjoy your commentary and review. Succinct and well spoken. The concern I have is reading (more than once) that there is some issue (never elucidated) that describes how, if you jump back and forth from one drone to the other there may be an issue with DJI care or the warranty or something.  I have now read this twice but in neither case did the comment contain any details. As far as you know can you simply bind it to the Mav 3 for a flight, switch to the Mini 3 or another drone for a flight and go back and forth as often as you wish?  You might enjoy a few videos on my tiny youtube channel. The videos from Atigun Pass, Valdez and the Alaska Railroad might be interesting if you ever get sufficiently bored . https://www.youtube.com/user/digibud/videos       Thanks again for the post.

Not my video just sharing.  As long as you have internet within a few flights to bind the controller the fly away cover is switched over.  
2022-7-6
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One video I saw said that after 5 flights the pilot got a msg on the screen about binding, I think. My guess is that if you are flying with a controller/aircraft that is not properly binded/bound (?) lol.... and if the drone is lost or damaged there would be an issue. So if  I flew 4 flghts with my controller bound to my Mav 3 and then did three flights with my Mini 3 and lost the drone perhaps there would be an issue with DJI care...but in terms of actually being able to fly it would work.
2022-7-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always be sure to bind any controller to the aircraft anytime I'm flying. It doesn't take anymore time to pop on the hotspot on my phone. I figure IF I have an issue I'm always covered.  It's well worth the effort in my opinion.
2022-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules