Mini2 Controller Keep Losing signal
1277 14 2022-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josedjimini2
lvl.1

Tanzania

Hi,
since a while, after starting my Mini2 with no problems and connect it to the controller and smartphone, it keeps loosing the signal.

RC Signal Lost.
Thats what it says.
There was no accident or any fall

I tried to reset and re-pair the connection between the Min2 and the controller. But nothing changed.
some times i can fly few hundred meters before losing the signal sometimes i cannot even fly 1 minute cause it just keeps dropping.
What should i do?

Im using an iphone SE2020 with DJI software updated 1.6.8

Drone firmware 01.05.00000
Firmware radiocomando 04.11.0034
Database Flysafe 01.00.01.27

Please help

Thank you

Giuseppe

2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try to fly in a place with a good signal and no obstructions again, and if there are still any problems, could you please try to change to another phone? And also, we have also sent you details about this problem, could you please have a check. Thank you.
2022-7-6
Use props
Josedjimini2
lvl.1

Tanzania

Ok....!?

Appreciate the the quick answer anyway.

Hope to fly freely soon again then..

J.
2022-7-6
Use props
Josedjimini2
lvl.1

Tanzania

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-6 04:38
Hi, there. Please don't worry. We have found this problem and this problem will be solved soon. We will also keep you updated and sent you a PM. If you have any more needs or questions, please just let us know.

OK.
So it was a firmware issues then?!

J.
2022-7-6
Use props
Josedjimini2
lvl.1

Tanzania

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-6 04:38
Hi, there. Please don't worry. We have found this problem and this problem will be solved soon. We will also keep you updated and sent you a PM. If you have any more needs or questions, please just let us know.

OK.

J.
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We have sent you a pm and will keep you updated about this issue, could you please have a check?
2022-7-7
Use props
SoiloftheMonth
New

United States

Similar issue here. Mavic Mini 2 with Remote Control less than 1 year old, less than 10 flights recorded.

DJI issued USB C at the Remote Control to Apple lighting cable at iPhone/iPad.
DJI Fly App Version 1.6.6(645)
iPhone 7, most current iOS 15.5
also tried Ipad Mini 2, most current iOS 12.5.5  

Remote Control will not stay connected to iPhone or Ipad therefore cannot fly. After trying restarts and letting it sit, reinstalls, Remote Control will sometimes briefly connect to iPhone or iPad to allow the camera view to be reached or not connect to the Mavic Mini 2. But then Remote Control will disconnect again and back to the original error and unable to fly. Cannot connect Remote Control to Mavic Mini 2 via the button method. Cannot reliably connect long enough to get updates checked on the Mavic Mini 2.

Anyone have good advice?
2022-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SoiloftheMonth Posted at 7-7 17:07
Similar issue here. Mavic Mini 2 with Remote Control less than 1 year old, less than 10 flights recorded.

DJI issued USB C at the Remote Control to Apple lighting cable at iPhone/iPad.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear that. Would you please change a cable to connect the remote controller with your phone or iPad?
2022-7-7
Use props
SoiloftheMonth
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-7 18:09
Hi, there. Sorry to hear that. Would you please change a cable to connect the remote controller with your phone or iPad?

DJI Wanda, purchased brand new Anker USB-C to Lighting 6' cord and tired it out. No improvement, Remote Controller continues to connect to iPad or iPhone intermittently, when these two connect the connection is held for no more than 5 minutes then is lost. Sometimes able to restore the connection by turning the Remote Control off and then back on, unplugging the cord between the two then reconnecting does not restore it yet.  Mavic Mini 2 and Remote Controller that has been in my possession for 1 year and less than 10 flights still not operational, when first purchased is appeared to be running well and not having these issues during the first 5 or so flights.  
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SoiloftheMonth Posted at 7-8 07:31
DJI Wanda, purchased brand new Anker USB-C to Lighting 6' cord and tired it out. No improvement, Remote Controller continues to connect to iPad or iPhone intermittently, when these two connect the connection is held for no more than 5 minutes then is lost. Sometimes able to restore the connection by turning the Remote Control off and then back on, unplugging the cord between the two then reconnecting does not restore it yet.  Mavic Mini 2 and Remote Controller that has been in my possession for 1 year and less than 10 flights still not operational, when first purchased is appeared to be running well and not having these issues during the first 5 or so flights.

Thanks for your reply. Would you please turn the cable in an opposite way to connect to your mobile devices?  For example, normally, you connect the cable to the device with  A side. Then, please turn to B side. Moreover, please check whether the port of the remote controller is loose.
2022-7-8
Use props
Josedjimini2
lvl.1

Israel

Josedjimini2 Posted at 7-6 23:05
OK.

Hallo Natalia,
PM received thank you very kind. Anyway problem still here and no advices being given yet on the issue.
I hope we can solve the problems here in public, that might be useful for more than few Mini2 owners.
I confirm the mini2 to date is totally unusable, despite me download and upgraded the new DJI Apple App just yesterday.
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Josedjimini2 Posted at 7-9 23:15
Hallo Natalia,
PM received thank you very kind. Anyway problem still here and no advices being given yet on the issue.
I hope we can solve the problems here in public, that might be useful for more than few Mini2 owners.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know have you tested at more different places without signal reference and any obstructions?  Would you please share with us the tested result?
2022-7-10
Use props
SoiloftheMonth
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-8 18:28
Thanks for your reply. Would you please turn the cable in an opposite way to connect to your mobile devices?  For example, normally, you connect the cable to the device with  A side. Then, please turn to B side. Moreover, please check whether the port of the remote controller is loose.

DJI Wanda, tried both sides of both cords (new and stock) on both devices (iphone and ipad). Issue still appears (remote and iphone/ipad disconnecting). Some combinations appear to hold the connection better than others but all combinations fail within 10 minutes or less of flight. I tired combinations where I placed remote on a hard surface and only moved the joysticks as best I could to limit movement at the cord connections and this did not prevent connection loss between remote and ipad/iphone. This was some improvement but still having issue, other ideas?
pic of first fire up, all working.
pic of a few minutes after flight, get the no connection error
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SoiloftheMonth Posted at 7-11 18:45
DJI Wanda, tried both sides of both cords (new and stock) on both devices (iphone and ipad). Issue still appears (remote and iphone/ipad disconnecting). Some combinations appear to hold the connection better than others but all combinations fail within 10 minutes or less of flight. I tired combinations where I placed remote on a hard surface and only moved the joysticks as best I could to limit movement at the cord connections and this did not prevent connection loss between remote and ipad/iphone. This was some improvement but still having issue, other ideas?
[view_image] pic of first fire up, all working.
[view_image] pic of a few minutes after flight, get the no connection error

May I ask do you have any Android devices? If possible, please test with an Android device to see if the connection between the remote controller and Android device will still frequently loose. If the problem still exists, it may be an issue with the remote controller port. Please submit a case through this link and send it back for further testing. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Josedjimini2 Posted at 7-9 23:15
Hallo Natalia,
PM received thank you very kind. Anyway problem still here and no advices being given yet on the issue.

Update: Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have checked your update in PM and confirmed your issue with the team again, we suggest that you can submit a case through this link and send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support  Please don't worry and send us your case number, we will keep following your case. Besides, if you have any more needs or questions, you can contact us at any time.
2022-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules