A new firmware update (v1.3.0) is now available for Inspire 1
7344 70 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Autumn, users on the beta are having trouble updating, and updating the RC. Could you please take a look and help?? they have sent emails to beta@dji.com and also the dji beta platform.
2015-8-4
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Everybody check your settings after doing the update. My max height was still in effect, but max distance was turned off. It needs to be turned on and reset as it did not save the distance figure.

2015-8-4
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know everyones complaining about not having inbuilt GS / POI in the latest update ( trust me I want it too ) but where is the HDR function thats listed in the list of updates ?
2015-8-4
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

All updated last night - I1, RC and batteries.
Flight test went flawless this morning.I even think it was smoother but that may be just me being happy.
Flying I1 + Android

PS: WHERE ARE THE PROMISED UPDATES?
2015-8-4
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Updated today, all went fine with update. went out to fly and for the first time ever I got a "disconnected" at the top and lost video signal. the inspire was past the tree line so I did not have a visual on it. I did not panic, I waited a few seconds then started walking toward the inspire... getting nervous so I pulled back on the sticks trying to remember the direction I flew in.... still no sign of the inspire and nothing on the screen.  about 2 minutes in the signal came back on and I was able to retrieve the inspire... I was flying over our pecan orchard (a place I have flown many times before) no danger of landing on anyone or anything... I am nervous about this happening again...oh, and HDR is still greyed out in the app...
2015-8-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Autumn, what's the word in regard to attaching the gimbal while the Inspire 1 is on?  The new update says we can do that - any danger of "arc" as people are saying?
2015-8-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Just been out to the local park for my usual post-upgrade test plan.
All flight ops were as normal, no control issues or anomalies and all three batteries cycled from 100 through to <5%.I did test 2nd controller Ops - there were still dropouts and pixelation but lag could well have been improved with this update.
I need to do more testing over distance here as my test plan is limited to close proximity / very low altitude flight.

Looking at the data I did find another change that is quite welcome - for those of you who use the SRT files, DJI has cleaned up the data format and it makes clear sense now.

example:

00:00:01,000 --> 00:00:02,000
HOME(145.2910,-37.7651) 2015.08.05 10:39:46
GPS(145.2913,-37.7652,18) BAROMETER:11.6 ULTRASONIC:25.5
ISO:100 Shutter:640 EV: 0 Fnum:F2.8

For people seeking to spatially tag video - this is a good move. Much clearer information to work with.
2015-8-4
Use props
bobo81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336473 ft
Australia

Just updated everything, had no issues there, thankfully!
When I first took off, the landing gear raised by themselves, not sure why, is this a new feature? (Landing gear switch was set to down)
Apart from that, it flew as expected.
I have had issues in the past where video feed goes black (for about 10-15 secs) , seems as if this is an ongoing problem for others.
Not really much to brag about in this update DJI.
2015-8-4
Use props
ErniE76
New

Hungary

tornado Posted at 2015-8-5 06:27
RC updated, I remembered that sometimes the previous app did not connect properly, and removing the  ...

I tried, but failed.
2015-8-4
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-8-5 09:26
Updated today, all went fine with update. went out to fly and for the first time ever I got a "disco ...

Hi Marktho1
Definetly unnerving.
Just curious ,are you using an iPad or an android device
It looks like at least 2 of us so far are having the same problem

RK
2015-8-4
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-4 22:12
DJ I said it had the capability of PO I and waypoints but they  did not say it would be released by ...

Thats not true. We received a email from DJI saying they were going to deliver this functionality. I don't know why you keep insisting that they won't deliver this. what basis do you have to support your statement.
2015-8-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

lethbrp Posted at 2015-8-5 13:35
Thats not true. We received a email from DJI saying they were going to deliver this functionality. ...

OK have POI and Waypoints from 3rd party app - but DJI broke it with the update and they are now waiting fot DJI to "fix it again" - how long will take??

VR mode cannot work with the software decoder as we do not have access to the code (DJI's implementation).
VR is one of the main reasons we wrote a hardware decoder.
The hardware decoder should perform better so there is no reason for us to write our own software decoder (not to mention the new compatibility issues it would bring), keep in mind there are many issues with the SDK right now regarding video, the hardware decoder used to work much better with SDK 2.0 so we're hoping DJI fixes whatever they broke in the next update.
2015-8-5
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-5 09:21
All updated last night - I1, RC and batteries.
Flight test went flawless this morning.I even think i ...

Do you need to update the firmware for the remote controller for flying I1 (firmware v1.3.0) with old Android DJI Pilot App? I hesitate to update I1 because DJI GO android version is not out yet

Come on! Can anyone from DJI clarify when the DJI GO Android version be ready?
2015-8-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-8-5 13:35
Thats not true. We received a email from DJI saying they were going to deliver this functionality. ...

My friend obviously you dont read the forms. It has been known for a while the 3rd parties software will have those features must of us want ( if they choose add them) You will not see it in DJI software. You will have to maybe buy new software from the app store from the 3rd parties who ever they are.
2015-8-5
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-5 04:43
Having some problem downloading the new DJI Go app.

Just won't update.  Has anyone actually downloa ...

Yep, no problems
2015-8-5
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-5 20:20
My friend obviously you dont read the forms. It has been known for a while the 3rd parties softwar ...

Do you mean forums? If so, then your source is pure speculation. The email we all received from DJI on the 27th April, titled "Inspire 1: Changing the world", clearly states that they are delivering this functionality. Did you not receive this email?
Given the newley annouced Phantom 3 Standard with POI and Waypoints built into the Pilot app, I'm guessing we should see this soon on the Inspire...Don't you think?
2015-8-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-8-5 20:48
Do you mean forums? If so, then your source is pure speculation. The email we all received from DJI ...

It is not on the P3 either. Both birds have this features but it needs to be implement into the software. If I am not mistaken there are a couple of 3rd part companies beta testing  there software with the two birds. But again it will not be part of DJI current or future updates. Ask the beta testers in this forums they can give more info on the release dates
2015-8-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-8-5 20:48
Do you mean forums? If so, then your source is pure speculation. The email we all received from DJI ...

It is not on the P3 either. Both birds have this features but it needs to be implement into the software. If I am not mistaken there are a couple of 3rd part companies beta testing  there software with the two birds. But again it will not be part of DJI current or future updates. Ask the beta testers in this forums they can give more info on the release dates.
2015-8-5
Use props
Chelsea
lvl.1

United States

HI ya like I did the upgrade and now my bird is dead.  It seemed to go through the process of upgrading.  But when I turn it on is cycles the camera and then the camera goes dead.  If I try to take off with or without the camera the motors spin up for a second and then lock off.  So like I don't have a clue what to do to fix this.

Chelsea
2015-8-5
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-5 22:15
It is not on the P3 either. Both birds have this features but it needs to be implement into the so ...

Well according to Bladestrike on RCGroups (if you want forum sources) and who is a beta testing, confirmed it is in test. If you look at the video of P3 Standard, it doesn't look like 3rd part development to me.

2015-8-5
Use props
ignacioguido00
lvl.1
Argentina

i update the control whit pen drive, and i try to update de bird whit sd card, but noting happened, the online chat disconnect when understood can't hellpme, its really desaponinted
2015-8-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So if i got this correct now there's is a 3rd P3 called  Standerd?
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-6 01:21
So if i got this correct now there's is a 3rd P3 called  Standerd?

Yes, I think the Phantom 3 Standard has just  been released .
2015-8-5
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Start to be tired from all this changes

With all the energy invested for this new DJI GO App which seems to be much more a sales platform for DJI and a social network link provider i start to be very disappointed. Without talking about the promises for POI and Waypoints, i spend more time for updating and testing new App configurations and UI's than flying...

Instead of all of that i would be very happy (like a lot of users) if they invest the same time and money to optimise the very high H.264 compression of the video to get some shots without flickering and artifacts...

But like always,...no response from DJI and no hope to be heard.

BTW: Can somebody explain that for me please...what's the purpose?

7.   Optimized transportation mode.Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is still attached to the aircraft.

2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2015-8-6 02:33
Start to be tired from all this changes

With all the energy invested for this new DJI GO App ...

Yes I don't get this either.  

If you enter travel mode with camera and gimbal attached surely it won't transform to the fully lower travel mode as the camera would keep hitting the ground.  
2015-8-5
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I installed everything last night and flew four TB-47's today without any issues. I tested out the new options and they seem to work well, handy being able to disable VPS and it's much better now that the Inspire doesn't try and power away when it hits 10% Critical power level, it just drops the gear and lands where it is.

One issue I did notice was that IOC mode seems to be a bit screwy now, rather than keeping on track with stick up and down the Inspire has a tendency to drift off track quite quickly.
2015-8-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What I would like to see released is the HDMI adapter for the remote like the inspire has
2015-8-5
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Phantom Standard:

-Cheaper than the advanced but with 2.7K video (OUPS what's wrong?) and MAYBE soon POI, Follow me and Waypoints...curios to see the reactions of peoples they purchased the Advanced some weeks ago. Hope that the owners of the advanced/professional could also use those "coming soon features".
PS: Yes there are some minor differencis with the remote controller (like the old ones, but with the range extender integrated in the RC)
2015-8-5
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

kappaOS Posted at 2015-8-5 07:15
all updated. bird/remote/all batteries
did the remote update via SD/USB (for the last time...)

Hi KappaOS,

could you please explain how the camera quality is improved and what kind of changes you observed?

Thanks a lot

Patou
2015-8-5
Use props
ignacioguido00
lvl.1
Argentina

ignacioguido00@ Posted at 2015-8-6 01:19
i update the control whit pen drive, and i try to update de bird whit sd card, but noting happened,  ...

some vody can help mi whit tis problem?
mi radio is update but the inspire dont, and i dont know if is safe to fly
the suport dosent exist, its terrible desapointed
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules