V 1.6.8 changed the Atti Indicator and many of us do not like it!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

Version 1.6.8 changed the Attitude Indicator and many of us do not like it!

I fly a Mini 2 and other than the change to the Attitude Indicator, I've had no issues…

But as for the change to the Atti Indicator, I am trying to keep my brain from exploding…

I am active on other Web Sites that cater to the DJI and Mavic line of Drones and this change to the Atti Indicator has garnered a Multitude of comments posted on these other Web sites concerning the change to the Atti Indicator and I do not know why it seems to have been given a "Mulligan" here...

But here is why my brain is trying to explode…

Whenever I take off and there is a breeze, especially if there are any wind gusts, I lift off, Yaw to the North, and gain altitude, as I get higher, I look at the Atti indicator to see which way the wind is blowing and the strength of the wind gusts.

Previously, the "wings" gave me that information as the Drone would "lean" into the wind and gusts would cause the wings to waggle as the Drone fought the gusts.

Now, the Atti no longer shows wings, but a ground and sky indicator, but it is backwards from the "swing of the Wings" and the one you would see in an actual aircraft and I'm hard pressed to understand it with just a quick glance…

I'm sure I’ll get over it with time, but right now, when I glance at it, my brain starts ticking…

brain.png
2022-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get the same info from the new attitude indicator but its so much harder to see in bright light than the previous version.
2022-7-6
Use props
Innerspace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287352 ft
United States

Stupid Rookie Time.....  I have had my Mini 2 now for about 2 weeks.  How do i get the Atti indicator on the screen?  mine just shows a map.  
2022-7-7
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

Innerspace Posted at 7-7 03:40
Stupid Rookie Time.....  I have had my Mini 2 now for about 2 weeks.  How do i get the Atti indicator on the screen?  mine just shows a map.

Don't feel stupid, it's not like DJI sent you a copy of the manual or even where to get a copy…  I included a link below for all the DJI Downloads, including the User Manual…  The Graphic is out of the User Manual, page 37.  Unfortunately, that is all the information DJI provides…

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2

I would suggest you check out YouTube and search on "DJI Atti Indicator, DJI Attitude Indicator, etc…"

I would also advise you to play around with changing the views of the Attitude Indicator while your drone is on the ground (device and controller connected and turned on and the drone turned on and indicated ready to fly, but the motors not running…).  This way, if you somehow get the map to display full screen and you cannot figure how to get back to the camera display, your drone is not hovering around some place running it's battery down…

Then, while sitting at your kitchen table, crank everything up, and bring up the various displays.  Then pick up your drone and move it about, up, down, all around, and see how the display provides you information.  And by holding the drone in your hand with the motors OFF, you "probably" will not crash it.  But look out for the dog and the kids (Gee, What's Daddy doing…), and don't do it when someone is trying to make dinner…

2022-7-7
Use props
Innerspace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287352 ft
United States

Thank you for the help.  I really appreciate it.
2022-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules