Replacement Faulty Drone Received!!
1714 12 2022-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiganer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48031 ft
Australia

Extremely unhappy with the service received from DJI.

I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with RC, which isn't cheap, and had to send it back to DJI due to the lens constantly fogging up in flight, I'd only flown it a few times, this appears to be a fairly common issue sadly.  Not a great start for a new drone purchase.

Waited 2 weeks and received the replacement drone today, it was in a sealed retail box and contained just the drone without a battery (the same as I sent to them) and it had a new serial number.  Powered the drone on and straight away the gimbal was acting strange with the camera going fully up and down a few times (more than normal) and then it stayed pointing upwards, it eventually seemed to settle down after a reboot.  After pairing the drone with my controller I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone, I started that process and the firmware failed at about 88%.  Powered off the drone and controller and tried the update again a number of times but it failed every time at the same point.

I then went into the camera settings of the drone and it was complaining about the gimbal in red at the top, I can't recall the exact message but when I clicked the red message it gave a lot more errors relating to gimbal parts missing and it needing a repair among other things.  I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but the drone didn't respond after I did the first 360 degree turn so couldn't proceed further.  I also tried an IMU calibration but after pressing the Start button in that calibration section, it did nothing and wouldn't move from that screen either.

I rang DJI support, they said to try updating the drone via DJI assistant on a computer, I tried that and if failed on all of the 3 update files. So I rang DJI again and I'm now waiting for a return label so that I can send the drone back again, to no doubt wait another 2 weeks for a 2nd replacement!

I have no confidence whatsoever that the next drone I receive back will either be working or won't have the lens fogging issue.
Really not good when you have just spent a lot of money on a new product, it ends up being defective and they can't even test the drones they're sending back as replacements...  Shocking.  
2022-7-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens.  They will get you sorted  Do not get too down about it, my experience is that the other companies are not doing better, and that DJI will eventually make it right.
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your unpleasant experience. We have found your case through your registered email address. We will forward your post to them and keep following your case. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-7-6
Use props
Wiganer
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-6 22:52
Hello, there. Sorry for your unpleasant experience. We have found your case through your registered email address. We will forward your post to them and keep following your case. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

Sadly I don't have any faith in getting a better drone the 3rd time around.  They will just pick up another refurb model from one of the sealed boxes and send that back to me like they did with the one I returned today.  Really not good service when you pay so much for a brand new drone and it's faulty from the start and to make it worse you send me a replacement with far bigger faults. At least my first drone could fly and function properly.

I see you have also moved my post to another section of the forum.  Could you please move it back to the Mini 3 Pro section where I created it, we already have threads in there on the foggy lens issue etc and my post is also linked to that.

Could you also tell me why my new return case is not showing in the "My Case" section of "My Service Portal"?  Could it please be added there so that I have visibility of both of my return cases.

Thanks.
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Wiganer Posted at 7-6 23:45
Sadly I don't have any faith in getting a better drone the 3rd time around.  They will just pick up another refurb model from one of the sealed boxes and send that back to me like they did with the one I returned today.  Really not good service when you pay so much for a brand new drone and it's faulty from the start and to make it worse you send me a replacement with far bigger faults. At least my first drone could fly and function properly.

I see you have also moved my post to another section of the forum.  Could you please move it back to the Mini 3 Pro section where I created it, we already have threads in there on the foggy lens issue etc and my post is also linked to that.

Sorry for your confusion. According to the Forum Rules, your post belongs to service sectors.
You may refer to this link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 15&page=1#pid623185
Also, please do not create duplicate threads.
For your case, we will keep following up till it closes.  
For your feedback, we will forward it to our designated teams. For now,  you may check the service progress in this link:  
https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?from=dji_repair
2022-7-7
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

Wiganer Posted at 7-6 23:45

What was your outcome in the end?
I’m experiencing the exact same issue regarding the fogging within the camera, this will now be the 2nd time I send the drone back.
2022-9-16
Use props
Wiganer
lvl.2
Australia

I received 2 faulty replacements, so 3 faulty drones in total.

I took it back to the shop and got a full refund. It’s too much money to waste on a company who don’t test their products properly.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wiganer Posted at 9-16 16:01
I received 2 faulty replacements, so 3 faulty drones in total.

I took it back to the shop and got a full refund. It’s too much money to waste on a company who don’t test their products properly.

Hi, Wiganer. We are incredibly sorry for that. If I were in your position, I would feel just like you and apologize for your unpleasant experience. Please note that this is not our regular standard. Before sending the product out, our team carries out strict and complete checks to ensure that the product is in good performance. For your situation, we have also conveyed it to the relevant departments. Our team attaches high importance to this and we will take some measures and training for relevant staff to avoid this kind of situation. We fully understand your pains and disappointment. We will learn from it and continue to improve our capabilities to serve you better. Appreciate your understanding and support.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Billy.RKV Posted at 9-16 09:54
What was your outcome in the end?
I’m experiencing the exact same issue regarding the fogging within the camera, this will now be the 2nd time I send the drone back.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with your case number for our further checks? We will keep an eye on it and try our best to help you out. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_TgUTtaozAa6n
New
Flight distance : 80331 ft
Canada

I can understand your situation. I bought DJI mini 3 pro. Just after a week and firmware update the drone suddenly lost connection and didnot return to the homepoint. Dji gave me a replacement and turns out it was a refurbished faulty drone. Its gimble is unsupported,IMU is faulty,GPS module is missing with some other parts, battery heated and drained like crazy when it was just lying on the floor during the connection. I also bought Dji drone based on their reputation and service quality. But after reading your case it seems their qulity standards have down.I thought it was only me having this kind of case but it seems its a common problem. They have asked me to send back the drone which I will do but I have very less hopes with them now.
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_TgUTtaozAa6n Posted at 10-7 15:04
I can understand your situation. I bought DJI mini 3 pro. Just after a week and firmware update the drone suddenly lost connection and didnot return to the homepoint. Dji gave me a replacement and turns out it was a refurbished faulty drone. Its gimble is unsupported,IMU is faulty,GPS module is missing with some other parts, battery heated and drained like crazy when it was just lying on the floor during the connection. I also bought Dji drone based on their reputation and service quality. But after reading your case it seems their qulity standards have down.I thought it was only me having this kind of case but it seems its a common problem. They have asked me to send back the drone which I will do but I have very less hopes with them now.

Hi, there.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have contacted the relevant team to pay attention to your case.Please don't worry and if there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know.
Sorry again for the problem.

2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_OGYBaO2V3qcF
New

United Kingdom

Mate - that sounds very similar to my experience with a newly-purchased Mini 3 Pro, purchased directly from DJI this week. The software issue you had echoes my experience - except re-installing firmware locked up at 87%! I 'spoke' with DJI technician on line, explained my situation and was told to re-pack everything in the original box and await a return to base label. The drone; RC; spare battery and 'free' carry bag would be replaced. That was yesterday. Have to wait to see what happens next. But I must say out loud - there are so many similar instances of Mini 3 Pro's not being fit to fly even for the first time that I reckon DJI's QC must have gone down the pan! 11th Feb 2023
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_OGYBaO2V3qcF Posted at 2-11 01:25
Mate - that sounds very similar to my experience with a newly-purchased Mini 3 Pro, purchased directly from DJI this week. The software issue you had echoes my experience - except re-installing firmware locked up at 87%! I 'spoke' with DJI technician on line, explained my situation and was told to re-pack everything in the original box and await a return to base label. The drone; RC; spare battery and 'free' carry bag would be replaced. That was yesterday. Have to wait to see what happens next. But I must say out loud - there are so many similar instances of Mini 3 Pro's not being fit to fly even for the first time that I reckon DJI's QC must have gone down the pan! 11th Feb 2023

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Since you have created a case for replacement, please let us know if you have any questions later.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules