1622 8 2022-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neo ten
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi,

I just bought the sigma 85 1.4, e mount
Of course, it's too heavy for the Ronin4D, despite what they announced in the lens list
And I've used it with the counterweight.

Could you tell me if it's possible to use Sigma Art lenses with the electronical Autofocus ? Or do we need a focus motor?

Thank you

N
2022-7-7
Use props
JDCams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2970659 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey - I've got a set of Sigma Arts I've been using with the 4D for a while now and they work really well with the AF. No problems at all. I tend to use wider lenses than the 85mm, so can't comment on the balancing, but I've had no problems getting the rest of them balanced using the counterweight.
2022-7-8
Use props
neo ten
lvl.1

Belgium

JDCams Posted at 7-8 06:50
Hey - I've got a set of Sigma Arts I've been using with the 4D for a while now and they work really well with the AF. No problems at all. I tend to use wider lenses than the 85mm, so can't comment on the balancing, but I've had no problems getting the rest of them balanced using the counterweight.

Hi, thanks, sounds interesting. So you just use it with the e Mount adapter and the autofocus works? You don’t need the focus motor?
2022-7-8
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

neo ten Posted at 7-8 08:36
Hi, thanks, sounds interesting. So you just use it with the e Mount adapter and the autofocus works? You don’t need the focus motor?

Yes it works. in AF... You just have to calibrate it on the lens menu AUTOCALIBRATION and  balance it.
If it does not balance you need to get the counterweight -not the one installed but the 300g that attachs to the back.
2022-7-8
Use props
JDCams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2970659 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neo ten Posted at 7-8 08:36

Yeah, that’s right. I did update the e mount firmware before using it though, so it might not be compatible straight out of the box, but works fine with all the Arts I’ve got.
2022-7-9
Use props
neo ten
lvl.1

Belgium

Yes, I think I just need to update that Firmware. I need a PC for that, they are not working on mac. Thank you!
2022-7-9
Use props
neo ten
lvl.1

Belgium

KillerKingSSS Posted at 7-8 12:07
Yes it works. in AF... You just have to calibrate it on the lens menu AUTOCALIBRATION and  balance it.
If it does not balance you need to get the counterweight -not the one installed but the 300g that attachs to the back.

Thanks for your help. But yeah still too Heavy, with both counterweights. The gimbal is doing its best but still too front heavy, shaky footage… too bad
2022-7-9
Use props
neo ten
lvl.1

Belgium

But would it be possible for Heavy lenses to lock the tilt axis and use the gimbal in pan + 4d ?
2022-7-9
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

neo ten Posted at 7-9 04:51
But would it be possible for Heavy lenses to lock the tilt axis and use the gimbal in pan + 4d ?

I don´t think so, when you lock the axis the motors go to sleep. So I don´t know if thats possible.
What version of the lens are you using ? if it is de Sigma 1.4 DG DN it works no problem... But if it is the older HSM it wont work with the gimbal because it weights more than 1kilogram. So you´ll have to use the camera with all the axis locked for that one.

I have the same problem with my 100mm macro, it´s to long and heavy for the camera, so I only can use it with everything locked and In a tripod.

2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules