5767 7 2022-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skycamfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2345085 ft
  • >>>
United States

******* I will leave this here in case it will help anyone else. I misread the dial menu. I thought "Cable-Driven Focus/Zoom" (the default) meant the DJI focus motor, but if you scroll up one position then the option "Focus Motor" appears. That's the one needed to control the DJI focus motor. I guess the other refers to in-camera focus? I'm not sure. There's at least one Sony lens with an internal, camera controlled zoom motor in addition to auto focus, so maybe the cable-driven part refers to the camera connection.  *******

My RS3 Pro arrived today, and so far everything works correctly except for the follow focus motor.

I have initiated the motor calibration a couple of times, and it seems to go through the motions of finding the hard stops, but then the focus dial does nothing.

The light on the focus motor is solid red. I have checked the cable several times, and it is plugged into the middle position on the arm as per the instructions. The dial is set to "focus" in the menu. And I updated the firmware.

What am I missing?

Thank you.
2022-7-7
Use props
Eye in the Sky Studios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2251188 ft
  • >>>
United States

Big help, thanks skycam!
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_hNjYISJsp7Ri
New

Germany

Thanks so much! I thought I was going crazy. Found the option too after scrolling up. I think DJI should make the scroll list go up to the top automatically. Fells like a software-bug
2022-7-14
Use props
djiuser_ll9eJQ7rEqEF
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you so much! I didn't see it either
2022-7-24
Use props
SSF
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Anyone have the problem where they get the Lidar and Focus motor hooked up, go to calibrate a lens and it feels like the lens calibration is going to destroy your rs3 pro, but then says its calibrated, so then you have to do the 1m and 4m test, but you can no longer access the focus wheel, even in manual. Not sure how to set that focus if that is the case. Active track works fine, focus motor on its own with no Lidar works fine, but no autofocus with the Lidar. I have tried everything and I am stumped.
2022-8-24
Use props
azukari
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SSF Posted at 8-24 18:50
Anyone have the problem where they get the Lidar and Focus motor hooked up, go to calibrate a lens and it feels like the lens calibration is going to destroy your rs3 pro, but then says its calibrated, so then you have to do the 1m and 4m test, but you can no longer access the focus wheel, even in manual. Not sure how to set that focus if that is the case. Active track works fine, focus motor on its own with no Lidar works fine, but no autofocus with the Lidar. I have tried everything and I am stumped.

Yes, I’m having the exact same problem. I got my Range Finder today and I’m already close to hating it.
2022-9-6
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Hahahahhaha! Helped me out for sure.
2023-1-20
Use props
fans85c43170
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27362 ft