Smart Controller Solutions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msalderson
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone,

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and love it. My problem is i use my iPhone to fly it. The obvious problem is I can't see the screen when it's bright outside (live in Florida). I have been trying to locate a DJI Smart Controller that works with the Mavic Pro 2, but DJI isn't selling these any longer and I don't feel I can trust a third party from Ebay or something like that. I can't seem to find a suitable solution. (I would be happy to hear from someone if you have a solution)

So, I've been thinking about selling my Mavic Pro 2 and buying a Mavic 3 with the new smart controller. Is that a smart or dumb decision? I understand the price difference, what I don't know is how good the Mavic 3 really is. I heard a lot about it when it first came out, but all the chatter has seemed to fall off. Maybe I not listening to the right sources.

Just looking for some friendly conversation.

Thanks, Mark
2022-7-8
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

There is a seller on ebay that is unpacking DJI Air 2S / Smart Controllers and selling each piece. Mine arrived as stated, New, factory wrapping without factory box. The firmware was the latest version. DJI is missing a market that will be around for awhile.
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have purchased the DJI Mavic 3 can give out the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic 3 as well. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-3?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-7-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-8 10:46
There is a seller on ebay that is unpacking DJI Air 2S / Smart Controllers and selling each piece. Mine arrived as stated, New, factory wrapping without factory box. The firmware was the latest version. DJI is missing a market that will be around for awhile.

Got mine from Infinity Drones, as you say taken from the box, and does NOT come with a Manual, you can download Manual v1.8 from DJI but a LOT has changed.  Mine works nicely, but with the updates and wading through out of date information, I am having one hell of a lot of fun
2022-7-12
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 7-12 13:59
Got mine from Infinity Drones, as you say taken from the box, and does NOT come with a Manual, you can download Manual v1.8 from DJI but a LOT has changed.  Mine works nicely, but with the updates and wading through out of date information, I am having one hell of a lot of fun

Or power supply, you get to pay him again for the 24 watt charger that can actually charge the SC in 2 hours. None of my PD supplies worked, it appears to use QC 3.0 but I've got a PD/QC tester coming to find out since one of my issues is remote charging, I've yet to find a power bank that does QC 3.0 12V @2A and doesn't break the bank. I did find a 12V DC to pure sine wave A/C with two USB A QC 3.0 30 watt ports, add a 12V LiFePO4 gives a portable solution.
In the manual on page 1 "Watch the tutorial videos" went there, watched them, nothing about items that make my life easier such as charging, switching aircraft, installing screen protector or not, side loading apps, installing Amazon Appstore. Working the "Tips" and Quick Start Guide next...  The Tips did talk about Switching aircraft of the same model ie: Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom but nothing about Mavic 2 to Mavic Air or Mavic Mini 2.
I just wish I'd purchased the SC when I purchased the Mavic 2 instead of the Goggles RE ... fine pet rock...
2022-7-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-15 10:10
Or power supply, you get to pay him again for the 24 watt charger that can actually charge the SC in 2 hours. None of my PD supplies worked, it appears to use QC 3.0 but I've got a PD/QC tester coming to find out since one of my issues is remote charging, I've yet to find a power bank that does QC 3.0 12V @2A and doesn't break the bank. I did find a 12V DC to pure sine wave A/C with two USB A QC 3.0 30 watt ports, add a 12V LiFePO4 gives a portable solution.
In the manual on page 1 "Watch the tutorial videos" went there, watched them, nothing about items that make my life easier such as charging, switching aircraft, installing screen protector or not, side loading apps, installing Amazon Appstore. Working the "Tips" and Quick Start Guide next...  The Tips did talk about Switching aircraft of the same model ie: Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom but nothing about Mavic 2 to Mavic Air or Mavic Mini 2.
I just wish I'd purchased the SC when I purchased the Mavic 2 instead of the Goggles RE ... fine pet rock...

Yeah, some things you just have to make an educated guess, and hope all works out.
2022-9-2
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got mine from Infinity Drones on ebay and they are great and have a 100% feedback rating.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_XkKY1Nf4jJJj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49288 ft
United States

Mark, I, too, really enjoy my Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro.  The problem I'm having now is that I cannot update to the latest firmware version.  Apparently my SC does not have enough memory for the upgrade.  I deleted every photo and video file I could find and still no luck.  I'm out of my office at the moment, but will try the DJI Assistant 2 to see what I can figure out.  If anyone else has a solution I'd like to hear about it.  Jim Quinn
2022-11-10
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_XkKY1Nf4jJJj Posted at 11-10 09:43
Mark, I, too, really enjoy my Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro.  The problem I'm having now is that I cannot update to the latest firmware version.  Apparently my SC does not have enough memory for the upgrade.  I deleted every photo and video file I could find and still no luck.  I'm out of my office at the moment, but will try the DJI Assistant 2 to see what I can figure out.  If anyone else has a solution I'd like to hear about it.  Jim Quinn

Mine updated without any issues. You must D/L directly from DJI downloads and not the from Play Store.
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules