*DANGEROUS* DJI mini 3 RC controller glitch.
2068 9 2022-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XOwTblFCZzdm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60725 ft
United States

So i am flying my DJI MINI 3 PRO w/ RC CONTROLLER and decided to use the ACTIVE TRACK feature on myself in VERTICAL MODE (portrait mode). I noticed video lag on my screen as it was losing touch with the live feed. Once i finished with the recording i then pressed to end the recording but my screen froze (or went black) on the RC controller. The active tracking was still doing its tracking and the drone continued to follow me around, however i lost (nearly) complete control over the RC controller. I managed to press the RETURN HOME button. Which then allowed my drone to land safely. The screen for the RC controller continued to remain frozen (or black) and i had to force reset it to bring it back to normal. I lucked out with making sure the setting i was in was a wide and open space but i can see this issue potentially costing someone their drone. :/

Some back info:

*My drone (with its controller) were updated to the latest firmware.*

*This active tracking attempt was made a few times with it resulting in a total glitch or blacked out screen.*

What we can do to solve this issue?

Has anyone else experienced this or is currently experiencing it?

*****DJI please help! :/  ******
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue that happened to your drone. Would you please help to export the issued flight data from the aircraft and RC log from the DJI RC via DJI Assistant 2 for us? I will forward your case to the engineers for further analysis. You can upload the data to Dropbox and send me the link here.
At the same time, please try to back up the needed files and sync your flight record to the cloud, restore the RC to factory settings, try again to see if that helps to solve the case. Please note to fly in open areas and avoid wireless interference. Look forward to your update.
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_kwmrMKeA96Lw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35499 ft
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 7-8 23:04
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue that happened to your drone. Would you please help to export the issued flight data from the aircraft and RC log from the DJI RC via DJI Assistant 2 for us? I will forward your case to the engineers for further analysis. You can upload the data to Dropbox and send me the link here.
At the same time, please try to back up the needed files and sync your flight record to the cloud, restore the RC to factory settings, try again to see if that helps to solve the case. Please note to fly in open areas and avoid wireless interference. Look forward to your update.

Hi
I have experienced pretty much the same thing and it seems to have occurred after the last update.  But it's little hard to say as I have not flying that much before.  The handcontrol freezes or lags a lot in Active Track mode or when just filming. I was asked to restart it when the drone was in the air. /
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_kwmrMKeA96Lw Posted at 7-9 02:07
Hi
I have experienced pretty much the same thing and it seems to have occurred after the last update.  But it's little hard to say as I have not flying that much before.  The handcontrol freezes or lags a lot in Active Track mode or when just filming. I was asked to restart it when the drone was in the air. /

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you tried the factory reset before?
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_kwmrMKeA96Lw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35499 ft
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-9 20:07
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you tried the factory reset before?

Hi
No I haven’t. Do you suggest that?
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_kwmrMKeA96Lw Posted at 7-10 03:28
Hi
No I haven’t. Do you suggest that?

Please try clearing the cache to see if that helps to solve the case. Please note to fly in open areas and avoid wireless interference. And if you still meet the same problem, would you please help to export the issued flight data from the aircraft and RC log from the DJI RC via DJI Assistant 2 for us? We will forward your case to the engineers for further analysis. You can upload the data to Dropbox and send us the link here. Thanks in advance for your support.
2022-7-10
Use props
ElectronTC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240463 ft
United States

I have the exact same problem with the RC remote and my mavic 3, i activate the tracking and the screen goes black and i can control the drone but cannot see the feed or any fight status, could be a huge problem if the drone was not as close as it has been
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ElectronTC Posted at 10-26 18:57
I have the exact same problem with the RC remote and my mavic 3, i activate the tracking and the screen goes black and i can control the drone but cannot see the feed or any fight status, could be a huge problem if the drone was not as close as it has been

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you update the latest firmware? Does the issue persist?
2022-10-27
Use props
ElectronTC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240463 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-10-27 03:12
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you update the latest firmware? Does the issue persist?
The issue has persisted through several firmware updates, though I just updated it again and it seems to have, at least temporarily, fixed it. Though I am concerned it will become a problem again as a previous firmware update had fixed it, but only for a while before it reverted to having the frozen/blacked out screen issue again. The controls remain responsive, but the video feed is completely lost and the RC menu is unresponsive.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ElectronTC Posted at 10-11 02:47
The issue has persisted through several firmware updates, though I just updated it again and it seems to have, at least temporarily, fixed it. Though I am concerned it will become a problem again as a previous firmware update had fixed it, but only for a while before it reverted to having the frozen/blacked out screen issue again. The controls remain responsive, but the video feed is completely lost and the RC menu is unresponsive.

Hi, it would be appreciated if you recorded the video and could export the corresponding logs for us to further analyze the issue.
2023-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules