Mini 3 Pro - Cannot update Firmware
6125 14 2022-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snaxmuppet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607 ft
United Kingdom

I bought a new Mini 3 Pro. I am trying to update the firmware for the first time and I cannot.
I tried via the RC controller but it hangs on 'checking version'. I changed to  my mobile internet connection and no change.

I tried via Assistant 2 but while it sees the controller or the drone (which ever one I have plugged in) it just says 'No Firmware Update'.

I am stuck.

Current versions are:

Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0002
RC Firmware: 01.00.0000
Flysafe Database: 01.00.01.27 (This updates OK)
App version: 1.5.99

2022-7-8
Use props
snaxmuppet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

After 5 or 6 hours of trying I have managed to do the update. I have to say, I am not impressed. This was the first update and now that all the firmware is up to date I am hoping that it will get better from here on.
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you please provide a screenshot of the firmware information to me for double-check?
The latest firmware information is as below:
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0201
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0221
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0000

A reminder, when using DJI Assistant 2 for the update, please ensure that the software is DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series): https://www.dji.com/hu/mini-3-pro/downloads
Besides, please also try to restore the RC to factory settings, and try to check for the update, please make sure that the internet connection is stable.
Please keep us updated on the result, if there is any error message that popped up on the RC, please provide the screenshot of it as well. Thank you.
2022-7-8
Use props
snaxmuppet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 7-8 22:41
Hi there, could you please provide a screenshot of the firmware information to me for double-check?
The latest firmware information is as below:
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0201

Thanks for your help but I have managed to get the update to complete.

I had to use my phone internet connection as I couldn't get anything using my normal home wifi. Then I had to do the update from the RC controller profile page... it wouldn't update from the installed DJI Fly app. Even then, the download took over an hour and I had to restart the controller several times to get the download to complete.

Considering that I have an excellent internet connection here I am disappointed that it took more than 6 hours to update.

I hope it gets better.
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

snaxmuppet Posted at 7-8 22:54
Thanks for your help but I have managed to get the update to complete.

I had to use my phone internet connection as I couldn't get anything using my normal home wifi. Then I had to do the update from the RC controller profile page... it wouldn't update from the installed DJI Fly app. Even then, the download took over an hour and I had to restart the controller several times to get the download to complete.

Sorry for the difficulties you've been through with the firmware update, I understand your frustration. I will note your feedback for our engineers' notices. Please check if everything is well now, let me know if there is anything else I can help with, I will do my best to help.
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_udXTSWfnXdyC
New

Romania

Hello,

I have two similar problems.

I have had a drone for 2 days and it appeared to me to do a firmware update, I tried the DJI FLY application and it gave me an error, after several attempts I also tried it on my PC, DJ ASSISTANT 2 and the same, at 71% it gives me an error. I also tried to downgrade, I also get an error.
The second problem is that I can't fly, we have a screenshot attached
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_udXTSWfnXdyC Posted at 7-10 01:02
Hello,

I have two similar problems.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. According to the error messages in the picture, we recommend you apply for an online repair request and then send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_WlXMDqzN4zTb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150390 ft
Russia

I had the same problem, it’s imu cable defective.
2022-7-26
Use props
snaxmuppet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 7-8 23:30
Sorry for the difficulties you've been through with the firmware update, I understand your frustration. I will note your feedback for our engineers' notices. Please check if everything is well now, let me know if there is anything else I can help with, I will do my best to help.

I have been able to update the firmware but not via the USB and my computer. Instead, the only way I can do updates is through my mobile phone hotspot.

It won't update via the USB and DJI Assistant 2. Neither will it update if I connect the controller to my home wifi.
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_WlXMDqzN4zTb Posted at 7-26 20:18
I had the same problem, it’s imu cable defective.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if you have the error code as well, could you please provide us the relevant screenshot? If you meet the same problem with djiuser_udXTSWfnXdyC, we recommend you apply for an online repair request and then send it back for further diagnosis.Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_WlXMDqzN4zTb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150390 ft
Russia

I have already changed the cable, now everything is ok.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_WlXMDqzN4zTb Posted at 7-27 00:56
I have already changed the cable, now everything is ok.

Thank you for the update. We are glad to hear that. And if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

snaxmuppet Posted at 7-26 21:54
I have been able to update the firmware but not via the USB and my computer. Instead, the only way I can do updates is through my mobile phone hotspot.

It won't update via the USB and DJI Assistant 2. Neither will it update if I connect the controller to my home wifi.

Thanks for the update.
1) Could you please follow the instructions/following photo and try again?
If the problem exists, please send us a relevant video when you update the firmware.
You can send us the video via Google Drive or Dropbox. We will check the problem ASAP, please don't worry.
2) Could you please check the settings of the wireless router?
If you can connect to the hotspot, it means that the DJI RC has normal networking and can be connected.
Please keep us updated on this issue, we will do our best to help.

2022-7-27
Use props
frankcalvano25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223399 ft
Canada

Firmware for my new Mini 3 Pro. Will not update. Says server is down. My wifi is really strong
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

frankcalvano25 Posted at 2-18 08:32
Firmware for my new Mini 3 Pro. Will not update. Says server is down. My wifi is really strong

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we have a screenshot of the error message? Also, may we know more details?
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules