P4P V2 Gimbal constantly off to left, HELP
650 12 2022-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

I purchased my Phantom 4 Pro V2 a while ago and immediately noticed the gimbal's centre is off to the left by about 5 degrees or more. Very noticable.
IMU calibration and Gimbal Calibration both fail to fix the issue. Firmware is on latest version, everything is up to date.
I have been using the drone regardless as I use it for work, but constantly have to correct the images in post processing to account for the photos being taken off-centre (only noticable in photos looking straight down)

Photos attached so you can see what I'm talking about.

20220709_105707c.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-09 111443.jpg
2022-7-8
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Had the same problem with mine recently. None of the calibrations would fix it. So I sent it to a non-DJI repair facility and they replaced damaged yaw and roll motors.
2022-7-8
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

Mr. Strat Posted at 7-8 19:12
Had the same problem with mine recently. None of the calibrations would fix it. So I sent it to a non-DJI repair facility and they replaced damaged yaw and roll motors.

Damn, I was hoping there might be a fix without sending the drone off to get fixed.
Thanks for the info!
2022-7-8
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

I saw a post before, the admin suggested flip the drone upside down and do the gimbal calibration. maybe you can give it a go.
2022-7-9
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

Jonatan.N Posted at 7-9 02:55
I saw a post before, the admin suggested flip the drone upside down and do the gimbal calibration. maybe you can give it a go.

Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jiredale. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2, did your DJI Drone had a hard landing or a crash before for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-7-9
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-9 19:12
Hello there jiredale. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2, did your DJI Drone had a hard landing or a crash before for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

No it has not had a hard landing or crash at all.
This has been an issue since I turned on the drone for the very first time after purchase. I purchased the drone brand-new from an authorised DJI retailer.
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jiredale Posted at 7-9 19:22
Hi Stephen,

No it has not had a hard landing or crash at all.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please refresh the firmware and then place the aircraft like the picture below and then calibrate the gimbal to have a try?
2022-7-10
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-10 02:11
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please refresh the firmware and then place the aircraft like the picture below and then calibrate the gimbal to have a try?
[view_image]

You are an absolute GENIUS!

This has re-leveled the centre-point on the gimbal and, so far, fixed the issue!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
2022-7-10
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

jiredale Posted at 7-10 02:54

This has re-leveled the centre-point on the gimbal and, so far, fixed the issue!!

However, upon restarting the drone, I have discovered that it reverts to the off-centre position....
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jiredale Posted at 7-10 02:54

This has re-leveled the centre-point on the gimbal and, so far, fixed the issue!!

Thanks for your feedback and update. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any questions, please let us know.
2022-7-10
Use props
jiredale
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-10 02:59
Thanks for your feedback and update. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any questions, please let us know.

However, upon restarting the drone, I have discovered that it reverts to the off-centre position....
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jiredale Posted at 7-10 03:05

Hi, May we know if you perform the steps above and then use the drone, the same issue would appear again? Or it just happens when you restart the drone? Maybe you can remove the SD card and refresh the firmware to see if the issue will reoccur or not.
2022-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules