New firmware update failed...again!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Downloaded the new FW and App fro my P3P.
Tried updating FW 6 times so far, even went out and bought new SD card, still no luck.

Download update, insert SD card into P3P, switch on, camera sorts itself out then camera light stays red with flashing yellow lights on craft. Have stopped the process 6 times so far after 35 - 40 minutes. Log say succesful but contoller with new App says no signal....WTF???
Prior to this, my P3P has had 34 flights, all without any sort of incident and always with the softest of landings.
2015-8-4
Use props
xave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209475 ft
United States

Having the same issue. My next step is to reformat the card and try again.  I've got the red solid lights and blinking yellow with audible of "dddd   dd" for about 45 min now.
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

xave@comcast.ne Posted at 2015-8-4 23:32
Having the same issue. My next step is to reformat the card and try again.  I've got the red solid l ...

I'm trying for the 7th time. Until now my P3P has been perfectly behaved......beginning to lose my sense of humour!
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

airobotix, it sounds like you forgot to update the firmware on the remote controller (or you didn't mention it).

Try installing the firmware exactly like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... om-3-firmware.45178

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availabil
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I just updated everything without a hitch... I used the SD card that came with my P3. I made sure I had the right firmware (pro vs advance) I formatted the SD card. I extracted the file and placed just that one file on the SD card. Put it in the P3 and powered her up with a full battery. it did it's song and dance. I don't know how long it took as I did other things.... I have a small fan I place in front of the P3 and blow it across the gimble/camera. I then powered her done and placed my other batteries in to have them up date. After they I looked at the text files and all said WOOHOO! (more or less) I then up dated the RC. I formatted a thumb drive and placed the file on that thumb drive and inserted that into the rc and powered up... it did it song and dance... Just got in from my first flight... Looks good! Don''t know why you folks are having issues?
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-4 23:45
airobotix, it sounds like you forgot to update the firmware on the remote controller (or you didn't  ...

Updated the FW on the remote without a problem.
2015-8-4
Use props
Geoff Mountfiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82749 ft

United Kingdom

I needed to apply the update twice, the first time it ran for 45 mins before I aborted it, I then used the SD card that came with my P3P and it worked fine, then updated the controller.
Did an IMU calibration then Gimbal cal, all working fine no problems.
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

7th time of trying, I know get "No signal" and "Aircraft upgrade error"
2015-8-4
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

have you tried to relink the contoller to the bird?  I have to do that on the last fw....
2015-8-4
Use props
gnemie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374678 ft
United Kingdom

Updated the FW on the Airframe,  Remote and 2 Extra Batteries without a problem.
check the updated Instructions with the download
2015-8-4
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue until I formatted my SD Card.  All the firmware has now been upgraded.
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kriley50 Posted at 2015-8-5 00:27
I had the same issue until I formatted my SD Card.  All the firmware has now been upgraded.

Formatted my SD card 8 times now, the brand new one as well.
2015-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And what mean d ddd, blinking only red on gimball and yellow on drone?
2015-8-4
Use props
xave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209475 ft
United States

After a reformat of my sd card the bird, remote, and both batteries seem to be updated. Now to cool the bird for an IMU calibration. Let you know how it goes.
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

After 8 goes, finally sorted. Yellow lights still flashing and camera sensor stayed green all the time, so after an hour I thought to hell with it, and lo and behold, it all worked fine. Just came back from flying and everything okay.
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have tried to update in mean times 3 time, but every time a terrible scream beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
should I continue at this moment, I already waited 30 seconds, it's a terrible sound
2015-8-4
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.2

Canada

Mine updated with no problems.  Took exactly 25mins for the bird and like 2mins for the controller.

Remember to format the sd card using the pilot app then put the file in the main directory.
Oh and now I don't get the gimbal motor overload warning.  Still havn't flown it yet.
2015-8-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Format the SD card with fat32. Mine worked flawlessly on both remote and phantom. It took a bit longer this time compared to the older FW, that was 15 minutes and now it was like 25 minutes or so.
2015-8-4
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Updated every thing no issues, P3P, remote and 3 batteries. Went for a flight no issues. But then again i didn't ave issues with the last FW so who knows...
2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules