Sphere photo + other comments
1423 4 2022-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlipperDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Sphere photos look great.....how can I save them to my Mac and view them in Photos as a globe ? When I copy from the card or direct to my iPhone from the drone - they are a stretched image ? They work fine when looking in the DJI app on my phone (Or on the DJI RC)....just not normal photos.
Flew with the latest drone firmware update today in an urban area for a change. Range (oh god....he mention the 'R' word....) wasnt hugely impressive tbh, 500m was probably the best and that was in a specific 'good signal' direction. Other directions were considerably worse where there was presumably interference. Still suits my purposes for a small drone though - I've got my original Mavic Pro if I want to get the distance (but likely outside of 'drone code' rules over built up areas etc).

Software
I also noticed that the software on the RC appeared 'slow'. This was linked to when signal strength was poorer. I have not flown since upgraded to the latest software but today I wasn't flying from home (zero interference - in the middle of the country) - it was in an urban location. So I can't determine whether it was because the drone had lots of intereference or due to softare update (not very helpful I know, sorry). The slow downs were when I wanted to switch from film to still - not sure whether the RC was waiting to get a response from the drone to confirm perhaps ?

Dropped into a pals house on way back and flew a pretty identical area as with my Mavic Pro a year back or so - defo more drop outs with the MiniPro3 than the Mavic Pro - forcing auto return to home a few times. Not sure a direct comparison is valid though - very different models.
2022-7-9
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You need to use an application that reads and understands the metadata to show it as a sphere. This is a free one .. https://apps.apple.com/au/app/spherical-viewer/id1489700765?mt=12
2022-7-9
Use props
FlipperDrone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 7-9 17:27
You need to use an application that reads and understands the metadata to show it as a sphere. This is a free one .. https://apps.apple.com/au/app/spherical-viewer/id1489700765?mt=12

Excellent ! Thanks for that.

Follow-on question....is there an easy way to share these to Facebook or actually upload to Facebook or Instagram ?
2022-7-9
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

FlipperDrone Posted at 7-9 23:42
Excellent ! Thanks for that.

Follow-on question....is there an easy way to share these to Facebook or actually upload to Facebook or Instagram ?

I understand that Facebook (and probably Instagram) have the smarts to read and display a 360 pano correctly
2022-7-10
Use props
FlipperDrone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 7-10 04:39
I understand that Facebook (and probably Instagram) have the smarts to read and display a 360 pano correctly

forbsie - you're absolutely correct - sorry ! When the app was saying it was going to share it just showed a panorama so I assumed it wouldnt work. Went the whole way through the process and worked fine. Shame it does so the 'sphere' effect when you first see it - its just the 360degree image. Thanks for response.
2022-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules