1008 15 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Being a mini 3 and mini 2 owner I had forgotten what a lovely machine the mini 2 is

Just did a distance flight in the same place i did my
Mini 3 but with loads more spotters of course. Up shot is they are both the same

Mini 3 was original firmware and DJI RC
Mini 2 was NI with IPhone 6s Plus and old app and firmware
Love how you get the sound which you dont seem to get on the DJI RC

2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What was interesting was the Iphone got very hot and also it dimmed the screen to be far less viewable than the DJI RC.

If anyone cant run to the price of a mini 3 then the mini 2 at half the price is still a very good drone
2022-7-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not quite sure what it is you're trying to say to be honest,  
the range is the same?  because this is the worst comparison i have ever seen...
it's a good range (for you)?
you prefer older software?
older software works better?
you prefer the iPhone to your DJI RC?

Or you just prefer to post  it in the wrong section

i am lost, help me out here, cause it all sounds like a crock of...  or is it that you're just trying to prove a point but once again you've just posted poop, why just to backup our condescension in your previous replies, because folks post legit information you tell them its pointless lol
2022-7-10
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very old firmware eh?
2022-7-10
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

whate are the conclusions?
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-10 04:33
whate are the conclusions?

My conclusions are. In the UK in CE Mode the distance that you can reach before the Signal goes yellow and looks worrying is the same on the Mini 3 Pro as it is with the Mini 2.

The Mini 2 has the N1 Controller and the Mini 3 has the DJI RC.

Also it is a hot bright day here in the UK at about 26 degrees C and the Iphone got very hot and the screen dimmed to the point that I could see it but not well. The DJI RC screen also gets hot but does not dim and I can see that much better.

I have no idea what the version of firmware is in the Mini 2 but it is old and also the Iphone has a quite old App version.

My Mini 3 has the original app and firmware from May when I bought it. Does all I want well so aint messing with it which would also of course be against the Law
2022-7-10
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I am curious what if use fake GPS, and go to USA location (FCC) if it would affect the distance, i think while Ocu Sync is on board it does not matter no more
2022-7-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-10 06:45
I am curious what if use fake GPS, and go to USA location (FCC) if it would affect the distance, i think while Ocu Sync is on board it does not matter no more

Theres an app for that but its not cheap, also it cant be used on the DJI RC  for obvious reasons, not yet anyway.

OP, your conclusion is based on a poorly handled RC, whilst the indicator is green, you're not actually pointing at the drone, you're a few degrees off and at that distance, it needs to be pointing at the drone perfectly, i know you don't want to hear this, that's your prerogative, but based on that, your conclusion has inaccurate data. I know for a fact that the Mini 2 can easily triple that distance in CE, done it myself but FCC mode just blows it out the ballpark, the battery empties before that signal is lost. eg 5.5km with 100% signal in FCC, 3.8km in CE.

We each have our conclusions, however, they may differ, but to do a range comparison, it needs to be done properly, not just a quick zippity do and jobs a goodun, that cannot be taken seriously. I cant wait to get my Mini 3 Pro and see what its like where i fly, very flat, farmers fields as far as the eyes can see
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So to reiterate my conclusions BASED ON OWNING AND FLYING BOTH DRONES MY SELF and actually doing the test myself.

Both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 Pro have the same range in the UK in CE mode. Not a nats do dah between them
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bigplumbs. Good day and thank you for giving out these interesting information and for sharing this video with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 08:27
So to reiterate my conclusions BASED ON OWNING AND FLYING BOTH DRONES MY SELF and actually doing the test myself.

Both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 Pro have the same range in the UK in CE mode. Not a nats do dah between them

Absolute tosh, you could take the mini one that far and say there's no difference between all three, muppet...
2022-7-10
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 08:27
So to reiterate my conclusions BASED ON OWNING AND FLYING BOTH DRONES MY SELF and actually doing the test myself.

You're lucky but maybe it's just for UK .

In Japan (works with same than CE) my mini 2 can go 3 times further without losing the signal than my mini 3 for the same place.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Volsi Posted at 7-10 22:25
You're lucky but maybe it's just for UK .

In Japan (works with same than CE) my mini 2 can go 3 times further without losing the signal than my mini 3 for the same place.

Well differing experiences. Being an owner of both drones I have done the test and others can make of it as they will. Those that don’t have both drones have no experience in this regard
2022-7-10
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

You should update the firmware of the mini 3, what is the point of having the latest drone if you don't keep it updated ? the fixes and new features are nice imo.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Meuhbat Posted at 7-11 12:27
You should update the firmware of the mini 3, what is the point of having the latest drone if you don't keep it updated ? the fixes and new features are nice imo.

It is working just as I want it. If it aint broke don't fix it
2022-7-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced