First screen freeze with DJI RC
2602 11 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattFea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531719 ft
United Kingdom

Had my first screen freeze with the DJI RC yesterday. Mini 3 Pro still responded to all commands via sticks and buttons, but the screen itself was frozen. A reboot solved it and flew again without issue for a short time after.

Wondering as it was a hot sunny afternoon yesterday (UK) if the controller overheated, or this is just a general bug in the software?

Had the drone since launch and fully updated firmware wise, no previous issues of any kind.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From what i have seen, the techs are aware and working on a resolution...
2022-7-10
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1671280 ft
United Kingdom

This happened to me recently.
I was screen recording at the time and never had this problem before.
After chatting with customer support I changed the SD card in the RC to a Sandisk Extreme. Now it appears to be working normally after several test flights.
Not sure if the card swap is a solution but so far it is working for me.
2022-7-10
Use props
MattFea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531719 ft
United Kingdom

ResonatorUAV Posted at 7-10 03:44
After chatting with customer support I changed the SD card in the RC to a Sandisk Extreme. Now it appears to be working normally after several test flights.

I have a card in the RC but wasn’t screen recording at the time. I may just take it out until I hear of a fix in case it’s related.
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I put an old slow 64gb in mine and it really slowed it down and was super laggy,  I changed it for a sandisk extreme and never had an issue since.
2022-7-10
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Yet to encounter a screen freeze I have 128gb extreme pro cards both devices & run 8gb cache setting on the rc. I Flew two batts back to back yesterday doing some tracking & time lapses without issue, wasn't screen recording. I think some details on what people were doing along with card details etc. might assist in working out what's going on rather than just reporting they had a freeze.
2022-7-10
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

I have a scan disk and i had the screen freeze.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-10 06:14
I have a scan disk and i had the screen freeze.

Which sandisk they make many of all different speeds
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you dont want to spend too much this 32gb Sandisk extreme at £11 is good in the Controller. Unless you do loads of screen recording 32gb in the controller will last ages
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk ... d%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-4

Wait a few days to prime day and they might be £7.99
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MattFea. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional information I will post the list of recommended and supported microSD card for the DJI RC ( https://www.dji.com/rc?site=brandsite&from=nav ) below. Thank you.

2022-7-10
Use props
NUeB
lvl.1
Germany

I do have a SanDisk Extreme 128 GB V30 A2microSDXC and I did have screen freeze after the .201 / 1.6.8 update. Screen recording was on, but the file was gone after rebooting the RC. After clearing cache & formatting the SD card, I had no more trouble with the RC so far.
2022-7-11
Use props
irelandscape
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32726 ft
Ireland

I had the same problem yesterday.
As far as I'm aware I'm using the latest firmware with the Fly App 1.6.9.

No SD card in my DJI RC.
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules