600 19 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems that I get very worried when I fly my newest drone and want to keep it nice and safe. I had a few flights with my Mini 2 today and had forgotten what a lovely drone that is. I also noticed that I was way more comfortable flying the Mini 2 and not worring about it so much now that I have the Mini 3.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the video I took being bolder with my Mini 2 cant see a lot of difference in quality to my Mini 3.

2022-7-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

haha nice, so the love affair is over with the mini 3?  that was short.  
2022-7-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 08:28
This is the video I took being bolder with my Mini 2 cant see a lot of difference in quality to my Mini 3.

Likely won't see much difference on daytime. It's the low light performance that's the main difference.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-10 08:33
haha nice, so the love affair is over with the mini 3?  that was short.

No I still love the 3 but the 2 let out a little whimper as I walked past so I thought I better give it a go.

The Mini 1 is being fairly quiet I think that one is asleep.
If you want to whip about like a loon I think the Mini 2 is good for that
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 7-10 08:36
Likely won't see much difference on daytime. It's the low light performance that's the main difference.

Yes. I never hardly fly at night. I will have to give that a go but being a Country boy the City lights hurt my eyes
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bigplumbs. Good day and thank you for sharing these positive feedback for your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for posting this wonderful video that you have filmed as well. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why do you worry about the Mini3 so much?
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 23:12
Why do you worry about the Mini3 so much?

No logical reason. I am always like that with the last one I bought. When I buy the Mini 4 Extra Pro with Ocusync X all will be good with the mini 3
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 23:14
No logical reason. I am always like that with the last one I bought. When I buy the Mini 4 Extra Pro with Ocusync X all will be good with the mini 3

Im always cautious for the first few flights as I feel it needs to prove it air worthyness and then after that Im pretty comfy with it.    Over 503 miles on mine now.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 23:21
Im always cautious for the first few flights as I feel it needs to prove it air worthyness and then after that Im pretty comfy with it.    Over 503 miles on mine now.

I know you have done loads. I am also wary with new drones over water and in different locations. No sense in it to be honest as I am very experienced in RC and drones and have never had a drone do anything particularly wrong or odd. Apart from my mini 2 descending when low over water.

I am very wary of seabirds though they seem to hate drones
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 23:25
I know you have done loads. I am also wary with new drones over water and in different locations. No sense in it to be honest as I am very experienced in RC and drones and have never had a drone do anything particularly wrong or odd. Apart from my mini 2 descending when low over water.

I am very wary of seabirds though they seem to hate drones

Oh yes,   my mini 3 has already been chased by gulls on three separate occasions.,  although they swoop at it they so far never touch,    the Godwits though like to fly circles around me sometimes,  just for fun it seems.
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 23:32
Oh yes,   my mini 3 has already been chased by gulls on three separate occasions.,  although they swoop at it they so far never touch,    the Godwits though like to fly circles around me sometimes,  just for fun it seems.

I assume you have seen this. This was my mini 2 and a hit mini 2 was ok though

2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-10 23:36
I assume you have seen this. This was my mini 2 and a hit mini 2 was ok though

https://youtu.be/29XREokhJXg

Yes I did that.   I do like watching the oyster catchers.   Such lovely birds although they are a bit high pitched.
2022-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The cinelike profile is what sets the mini 3 apart. But it needs more post processing.
2022-8-9
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Much the same as I took my Mini 2 out the other day when I was waiting for the controller to arrive.  Its weird how you just powerup, GPS check and then fly.  Same as you with the Mini 3 just double check and keeping checking while flying at the mo..  Blue Skies ..
2022-8-10
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

As I said on your mini 2 post.  I was kinda bold and met my match with the shed.  I sort of forgot what I was flying.

Mini 2 still a good drone but probably now gifted to son doing photography at college which has drone flying.  He had a go at it and kept flying over and under the washing line in a square so think he's grasped it quicker than me

Mini 3 for everyday flying and when I'm going somewhere I can pop it in the truck.

Air2s not been out properly as yet and just registered and setup: Would like to think I can get some commercial projects under my belt with it.

FPV still boxed and sealed.  Dare to open.  Hmmm
2022-8-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 8-10 04:56
As I said on your mini 2 post.  I was kinda bold and met my match with the shed.  I sort of forgot what I was flying.

Mini 2 still a good drone but probably now gifted to son doing photography at college which has drone flying.  He had a go at it and kept flying over and under the washing line in a square so think he's grasped it quicker than me

i agree, i still have a couple of boxed drones still to get to as well.  finally opened the dji fpv and started flying and for sure, the fpv makes you more bold when going back and flying your other [slower] drones.  specifically the tiny distance away from objects means you're less afraid of getting close up and in between and below objects and also the much higher speed (60+) helps with flying so much farther away because it shorter to come home which means less time in the panic zone.  the dji fpv range is not further than other drones but i find my ao to much wider because it covers ground more quickly.  if not for the fpv battery....
2022-8-10
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 8-10 05:17
i agree, i still have a couple of boxed drones still to get to as well.  finally opened the dji fpv and started flying and for sure, the fpv makes you more bold when going back and flying your other [slower] drones.  specifically the tiny distance away from objects means you're less afraid of getting close up and in between and below objects and also the much higher speed (60+) helps with flying so much farther away because it shorter to come home which means less time in the panic zone.  the dji fpv range is not further than other drones but i find my ao to much wider because it covers ground more quickly.  if not for the fpv battery....

gotta post some footage when you get around to it.  have you got spare batteries?
2022-8-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 8-10 05:46
gotta post some footage when you get around to it.  have you got spare batteries?

have 6 but the 7th is doa right out of the package; not sure what to do with it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 482&pid=2817731
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules