mini 3 pro, obstacle avoidance error glitch ?
1234Next >
15035 125 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 890338 ft
United Kingdom

hi, anyone else sufering with the obstacle avoidance error ? when i go to fly the mini 3 pro, it will at any piont, randomly stop the obstacle avoidance and will not return back, it has happens on nearly every flight.  i have tried turning the O.V options (in safty settings) off and the back on, but nothing, it still stays red and there is no way of it working ? has anyone else had this problem ?

ps ....... im on the latest firmware and using the RC with the inbuilt screen and flying in the daylight

hope anyone can shed a little light in this problem, as its not helping my confedence flying this drone, its driving me crazy, i just want to send the thing back.
2022-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you possibly trying to fly into a NFZ and the drone stops and will go no further?
2022-7-10
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-10 06:49
Are you possibly trying to fly into a NFZ and the drone stops and will go no further?

no, all is clear in my area, the mini 3 still goes (it doesn't stop flying when it happens) and can be controlled as "normal" but the sensors are suddenly no longer available and will not return, no matter what i try to do ?  
2022-7-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would be concerned about the difference of the Fly app on the DJI RC being 1 behind.
2022-7-10
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 7-10 07:19
I would be concerned about the difference of the Fly app on the DJI RC being 1 behind.

true, but theres no guaranty its a firmware issue and if it is, it may not get a fix as im not hearing anything about this problem
2022-7-10
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

just to confirm ...... when i say "it will not return" i mean the "white" obstacle avoidance symbol wont return (meaning that its working) the drone still fly's and is still under my control (as in flight) but no bleeps or obstacle avoidance, hope that makes sense.  
2022-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

THE PRISONER Posted at 7-10 07:09
no, all is clear in my area, the mini 3 still goes (it doesn't stop flying when it happens) and can be controlled as "normal" but the sensors are suddenly no longer available and will not return, no matter what i try to do ?

I would try to refresh the firmware on the RC and on the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).  This will ensure that you didn't get a bad firmware download last time.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to redo the Fly App on the RC.  Can easily be done on the RC Pro.  

If this fails might be time to send in the RC and drone for diagnostics.  
2022-7-10
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-10 17:45
I would try to refresh the firmware on the RC and on the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).  This will ensure that you didn't get a bad firmware download last time.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to redo the Fly App on the RC.  Can easily be done on the RC Pro.  

If this fails might be time to send in the RC and drone for diagnostics.

Doesn't a reset of the firmware on the RC also refresh the Fly App.
2022-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fans5d3e3440 Posted at 7-10 17:54
Doesn't a reset of the firmware on the RC also refresh the Fly App.

You're right, it does on the RC.  Still waiting on that to update to 1.6.9.
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there THE PRISONER. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be able to isolate the issue. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-7-10
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-10 20:03
Hello there THE PRISONER. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be able to isolate the issue. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen, i have already refreshed the firmware on the mini 3 using the assistant app on my mac computer (done this yesterday) and took it out for a quick test and it was doing ok until 15 mins into the flight, then it stopped mid air and sensors turned off again ......... i had to land it, turn it off, restart it and only then was the sensors were working again. i only used 1 battery, i will try do more of an extensive test again later and let you know  
2022-7-11
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Flying in 4k 60fps with obs avoidance set to bypass the drone brakes which is somewhat annoying.

Quite evident, I was flying along a canal and the bridge I was going under made it brake a few times then it flew through.

This is defo a bug please fix DJI
2022-7-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 7-11 04:40
Flying in 4k 60fps with obs avoidance set to bypass the drone brakes which is somewhat annoying.

Quite evident, I was flying along a canal and the bridge I was going under made it brake a few times then it flew through.

every time it has done it, i have been filming at 4k 30fps, as i knew about the 60fps bug (when it just stops), although im sure that was supposed to of been fixed in the latest firmware ? ........... anyway, just to make sure the obstacle avoidance worked i normaly just film in 4k 30fps but it still turns off and wont switch back on
2022-7-11
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

THE PRISONER Posted at 7-11 06:54
every time it has done it, i have been filming at 4k 30fps, as i knew about the 60fps bug (when it just stops), although im sure that was supposed to of been fixed in the latest firmware ? ........... anyway, just to make sure the obstacle avoidance worked i normaly just film in 4k 30fps  but it still turns off and wont switch back on

I just upgraded my DJI RC to 1.6.9 (V01.01.0100) today, and had this error for the first time.  The obstacle avoidance icon was red, and there was no obstacle detection.  I was able to access the related settings, but changing them had no effect.  The icon on the top right stayed red instead of white -- nowhere did I get a message that it wasn't working.  I did notice as I landed that it detected as the ground was close, but that's it.  I was not filming, but the video was configured for 2.7k/30fps.
2022-7-15
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 7-15 17:30
I just upgraded my DJI RC to 1.6.9 (V01.01.0100) today, and had this error for the first time.  The obstacle avoidance icon was red, and there was no obstacle detection.  I was able to access the related settings, but changing them had no effect.  The icon on the top right stayed red instead of white -- nowhere did I get a message that it wasn't working.  I did notice as I landed that it detected as the ground was close, but that's it.  I was not filming, but the video was configured for 2.7k/30fps.

at last !!! someone else that knows my pain (and fear) lol ......... im sorry its happened to you of course, but it feels good not to be on my own on this problem ive not tested the new firmware yet, but will report back when i do
2022-7-17
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Did you try all combinations of resolution/refresh to see if anything kicked it into working?
2022-7-17
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 16:25
Did you try all combinations of resolution/refresh to see if anything kicked it into working?

the only way i got the obstacle avoidance working again was to land it,  turn it off and restart the drone. other than that nothing worked to make it switch back to white ? ............ i think i remember once, when it happened and i landed it and restarted the drone, it was still not working ??? (but i cant be a hundred percent sure) ........... but i will do more testing when its not too hot outside
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_KiChcSnG5qMx
New

United States

I downloaded the latest software and while flying my drone last night just came down and crashed onto a small island off the water from me about 300 feet off a dock. I’ll hopefully find it today.
2022-7-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Not flying in Sport mode are you?
2022-7-18
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-18 06:27
Not flying in Sport mode are you?

? it dont even work in sports mode ?  ........... its working then all of a sudden its not
2022-7-18
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

THE PRISONER Posted at 7-18 06:34
?  it dont even work in sports mode ?  ........... its working then all of a sudden its not

its does this glitch in both C mode and N mode ......... no sports mode  
2022-7-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

OK. First, I would try a firmware refresh using Assistant 2. You may need to tweak A2 to use it on the Mini 3.
2022-7-18
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-18 07:05
OK. First, I would try a firmware refresh using Assistant 2. You may need to tweak A2 to use it on the Mini 3.

already done the refresh, whats the "A2" and what needs tweeking (thank you for your replies by the way)
2022-7-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Assistant 2. There has to be a minor software tweak for it to see a Mini 2. Not sure if the Mini 3 needs it.
2022-7-18
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

I had chimed in earlier that I had the same problem.  I didn't notice it not working since then, but just tonight found it was off again.  Attached are screenshots showing the red icon denoting no obstacle avoidance, as well as the settings screen.  One interesting observation is that there is no "disable sideways flight" toggle showing on the config screen.

Avoidance on -- but where is "no sideways flight" option?

Avoidance on -- but where is "no sideways flight" option?

Obstacle avoidance unavailable.

Obstacle avoidance unavailable.
2022-7-19
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 7-19 18:37
I had chimed in earlier that I had the same problem.  I didn't notice it not working since then, but just tonight found it was off again.  Attached are screenshots showing the red icon denoting no obstacle avoidance, as well as the settings screen.  One interesting observation is that there is no "disable sideways flight" toggle showing on the config screen.

yep, theres the problem, explained perfectly (thank you fansb450ec1)  that is exactly what happens to me, i get it almost every time i go out to fly !!! ........... its not good
2022-7-20
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I had chimed in earlier that I had the same problem.  I didn't notice it not working since then, but just tonight found it was off again.  Attached are screenshots showing the red icon denoting no obstacle avoidance, as well as the settings screen.  One interesting observation is that there is no "disable sideways flight" toggle showing on the config screen.

although .......... i just noticed your flying at night and that will always happen anyway. i only fly it in good daylight and that is what happens to me
2022-7-20
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had chimed in earlier that I had the same problem.  I didn't notice it not working since then, but just tonight found it was off again.  Attached are screenshots showing the red icon denoting no obstacle avoidance, as well as the settings screen.  One interesting observation is that there is no "disable sideways flight" toggle showing on the config screen.

When you fly at night the obstacle avoidance does not work. This is normal...
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_qVqKBb7DMImL
New
Flight distance : 88304 ft
United States

I had to have my unit replaced and the Obstacle avoidance doesn't work I have updated the firmware with no avail ....anybody else have this problem?
2022-7-24
Use props
fans83686d4d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90394 ft
United States

djiuser_qVqKBb7DMImL Posted at 7-24 09:03
I had to have my unit replaced and the Obstacle avoidance doesn't work I have updated the firmware with no avail ....anybody else have this problem?

I had to send my RC back to DJI because it did not have the obstacle avoidance option available in the safety menu.  I tried to update the firmware but kept getting the message server error try again later.  DJI said they were aware of this issue and were addressing it.
2022-7-25
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

fans83686d4d Posted at 7-25 12:03
I had to send my RC back to DJI because it did not have the obstacle avoidance option available in the safety menu.  I tried to update the firmware but kept getting the message server error try again later.  DJI said they were aware of this issue and were addressing it.

From a previous post some users have not been able to update via the drone and RC connected to the internet due to isp settings.  Updating router to google dns fixes this.  Alternatively download DJI Assistant 2 and update via that method
2022-7-25
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

i still have this problem !!! it again just done it while flying, so i screen recorded to show you what happens (this recording starts just after it switched itself off) and this does the exactly the same thing while filming in 4k 30fps ......... so the problem is not because it is in 4k 60 fps     
2022-8-11
Use props
alangill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've got exactly the same problem and this is a replacement drone, the first one wouldn't do a firmware update and failed at 89%, the new one arrived last week and updated perfectly but noticed the red icons when flying...it does however beep when landing and also alerts if I fly it too close to myself both frontwards or backwards, though haven't been brave enough to see if it will fly around an obstacle...im guessing this is a bug that needs a fix...
2022-8-16
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

alangill@outlook.com Posted at 8-16 08:15
I've got exactly the same problem and this is a replacement drone, the first one wouldn't do a firmware update and failed at 89%, the new one arrived last week and updated perfectly but noticed the red icons when flying...it does however beep when landing and also alerts if I fly it too close to myself both frontwards or backwards, though haven't been brave enough to see if it will fly around an obstacle...im guessing this is a bug that needs a fix...

as you can see on the video, mine does not bleep or warn me at all when it turns itself off it just goes red and acts as if i have turned it off ? (it stll says its on, when looking at my controler) and in a blink of an eye it will become white, as if i had turned it back on and will bleep as normal, but then will randomly turn to red again, with no warning at all. there is no way of turning it off from within the fly app and then back on, nothing works apart from having to RTH and shutting the drone off and then back on
2022-8-16
Use props
Longhouse81
lvl.1

Belgium

I have the same problem after updating 3 days ago on my mini 3 pro (crashed into a wall), luckly only a propeller was broke, never had any problem with it, even at night it worked perfect before...
2022-8-25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

This might be some kind of overheating protection "feature". Is it hot where you are flying and are you hovering a lot?
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_AGtrtZ3VwvSI
New
Australia

Hi all  mine is doing exactly what you are posting. Mine is a week old and have applied all firmware updates. Does anyone have a fix for this problem.
Thanks in advance.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_BchbbYbf5A5h
New

Australia

Hey guys, my mini 3 is doing the same thing as described ! Only a week old too and only noticed it on my 2nd flight. Any updates yet on how to fix it ?
2022-9-14
Use props
RjtP8xcTwN04
New

Canada

I just bouhgt my dji3 mini yestoday, My  obstacle avoidance stopped working all together after i updated to a new firmware, I don't know what to  do, tried the tech support in Canada they couldn't help either
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_yT3ON6uDxD5k
New

Australia

Hey guys ! I came here looking for help because I too have exactly the same issue and my baby drone is only 2 weeks old - noticed it after first few flights and now they don’t come on at all

I’m a new pilot and this is testing my nerves as it’s impossible to rely on the avoidance system as it seems to stop working without any warning.

Any help or ideas please - I really hope this is a software bug and not hardware
2022-9-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules