Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Check your supplied screw driver
1234Next >
15556 122 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know many people never use the supplied screw driver and I for one have only once replaced props (on my mini 1)
It seems some have the wrong screw driver that does not fit the screws. Check and report back

53D4D408-6E13-45EA-8891-EF197FDC420D.jpeg
2022-7-10
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

my with the mini 3 pro supplied screw driver fits
2022-7-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just checked Mine and they are tiny screws and Mini does not fit. This is very bad because if you tried to use this screwdriver you would most likely not spot this and ruin the head of the screw and be faced with a very difficult job to remove it.

Come on DJI this is very poor

You need to send out replacement screwdrivers to all affected…………Firmware won’t fix this one
2022-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Makes you wonder if they have a Quality Control Department
2022-7-11
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Mine (delivered with M3P) fits perfectly. ¨

2022-7-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine fits perfectly, the Mini 2 driver also fits the head of the Mini 3 screws. I notice in the photo the driver is not actually aligned with the slots ?
2022-7-11
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Thanks for the hint.
My supplied screw driver doesn't fit on the Mini 3 but it fits on my Mini 2.
Either they changed the screws on the Mini 3 or supplied the wrong screw driver due to the supplychain issues.
2022-7-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-11 03:25
Thanks for the hint.
My supplied screw driver doesn't fit on the Mini 3 but it fits on my Mini 2.
Either they changed the screws on the Mini 3 or supplied the wrong screw driver due to the supplychain issues.

My mini 3 screw driver fits the heads of both mini 2 and mini 3. How strange  ?
2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whoever packaged my Mini 3 at the factory did not include a screwdriver but strangely enough they did put in an extra spare set of props over what should have shipped.  No problem as my Wowstick works great.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI-PDR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22582 ft
United Kingdom

Just checked - same for me too... It fits enough that you could probably undo it with a bit of force - but then that's not really the point, and I wouldn't want to strip the head of the screw trying to remove it.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-PDR Posted at 7-11 04:46
Just checked - same for me too... It fits enough that you could probably undo it with a bit of force - but then that's not really the point, and I wouldn't want to strip the head of the screw trying to remove it.

Yup stripping one of those heads would be terrible
2022-7-11
Use props
Isoprufen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79249 ft
United States

Mine fits.
2022-7-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji should not be supplying a screwdriver with this drone.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-11 06:13
dji should not be supplying a screwdriver with this drone.

What on earth has this got to do with anything........ I seriously wonder about you sometimes
2022-7-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-11 06:32
What on earth has this got to do with anything........ I seriously wonder about you sometimes

dji should not be supplying a screwdriver in the box if they can't get it right.  you disagree?
not very eco-friendly.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-11 07:26
dji should not be supplying a screwdriver in the box if they can't get it right.  you disagree?
not very eco-friendly.

Well if that had been what you said then ok. But on the Eco front I cant get to excited about a small screw driver. But yes it certainly should fit
2022-7-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-11 08:20
Well if that had been what you said then ok. But on the Eco front I cant get to excited about a small screw driver. But yes it certainly should fit

think about it, if dji sold 1.05 million mini 3 drones in a year and 95% of the people never change the blades, that's one million screwdrivers that will pollute the world unnecessarily.  at a cost of 5 cent each, that $50,000 spend on wasted screwdrivers and more importantly at 0.3 ounces each, that 10 tons of metal shipping on airplanes and in boxes all across the world for absolutely no reason (how much does shipping an extra 10 tons cost?).  imagine shipping all that metal junk from a chinese factory to homes in australia, asia, americas, and europe.  (multiply that by thousands of other companies doing the same nonsense) and then year after year, for decades.  i did the quick math so ymmv but you get the point.  it's a huge waste.  most people already have the screwdriver and if you need one, go get one or order one because they are readily and easily available to everyone.  but you can't be bothered to even include the correct screwdriver?  if these are special head screws, include it.  if the drone shipped with the blades off and you had to install them, fine.  if you broken a blade and you need to change a blade on the spot in order to fly the drone home, ok.  otherwise, stop it....please!
2022-7-11
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-11 08:33
think about it, if dji sold 1.05 million mini 3 drones in a year and 95% of the people never change the blades, that's one million screwdrivers that will pollute the world unnecessarily.  at a cost of 5 cent each, that $50,000 spend on wasted screwdrivers and more importantly at 0.3 ounces each, that 10 tons of metal shipping on airplanes and in boxes all across the world for absolutely no reason (how much does shipping an extra 10 tons cost?).  imagine shipping all that metal junk from a chinese factory to homes in australia, asia, americas, and europe.  (multiply that by thousands of other companies doing the same nonsense) and then year after year, for decades.  i did the quick math so ymmv but you get the point.  it's a huge waste.  most people already have the screwdriver and if you need one, go get one or order one because they are readily and easily available to everyone.  but you can't be bothered to even include the correct screwdriver?  if these are special head screws, include it.  if the drone shipped with the blades off and you had to install them, fine.  if you broken a blade and you need to change a blade on the spot in order to fly the drone home, ok.  otherwise, stop it....please!

13207377128fd71cd6cf7d4b43f27c91b83672698e0c1ab5df16c71d2f60cde4.jpg

Anyway, my screwdriver fits

2022-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That photo you posted, it looks like if you took a half turn the driver would easily slot in because in the photo you make no attempt to slot it.
2022-7-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i get it.  saving the planet is a joke to most people.  hear it all the time.  what is it about my statement that you don't understand?
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-11 08:33
think about it, if dji sold 1.05 million mini 3 drones in a year and 95% of the people never change the blades, that's one million screwdrivers that will pollute the world unnecessarily.  at a cost of 5 cent each, that $50,000 spend on wasted screwdrivers and more importantly at 0.3 ounces each, that 10 tons of metal shipping on airplanes and in boxes all across the world for absolutely no reason (how much does shipping an extra 10 tons cost?).  imagine shipping all that metal junk from a chinese factory to homes in australia, asia, americas, and europe.  (multiply that by thousands of other companies doing the same nonsense) and then year after year, for decades.  i did the quick math so ymmv but you get the point.  it's a huge waste.  most people already have the screwdriver and if you need one, go get one or order one because they are readily and easily available to everyone.  but you can't be bothered to even include the correct screwdriver?  if these are special head screws, include it.  if the drone shipped with the blades off and you had to install them, fine.  if you broken a blade and you need to change a blade on the spot in order to fly the drone home, ok.  otherwise, stop it....please!

It makes me smile that you as an American pretend to be concerned about this stuff. Have a little look back in History my Friend
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-11 10:12
That photo you posted, it looks like if you took a half turn the driver would easily slot in because in the photo you make no attempt to slot it.

Twas not my Photo.......... All I know is mine does not fit
2022-7-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-11 12:37
It makes me smile that you as an American pretend to be concerned about this stuff. Have a little look back in History my Friend

not pretending.  but i see your standing in the path blocking progress.
2022-7-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine fits.
2022-7-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
First Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not even close !!

2022-7-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

There has to be a joke here about getting screwed over, but I cannot seem to come up with it.  
2022-7-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

There are some other posts here about the screw drivers, and where to get them.  The Mini2 screwdriver is  2mm
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am sure it is easy to get one but DJI should get this right. I kind of shows something in their QC line has gone very wrong.
2022-7-11
Use props
rsl2022
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5308 ft
United Kingdom

I reported on this forum my difficulty with the provided screwdriver a few days ago.  I just a moment ago received delivery of a Wera PH000 driver.  It is noticeably smaller than the screwdriver that came with my Mini 3 Pro but fits absolutely perfectly.  I was just able to screw home two replaced screws that still had 0.5mm travel still to go (that I could not shift any further with the DJI provided screwdriver).  The new PH000 is easier to grip also and I didn't need to push hard into the screw slot anything like as hard as with the DJI screwdriver - and so didn't need to hold onto the motor nearly so hard either.

I recommend a decent PH000.
2022-7-12
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Lucky you mention this as mine was still in the white box inside the main box.  If I'd needed to change a prop then I would have had no more flying.

My screwdriver with m3p fits ok
20220712_110647.jpg
2022-7-12
Use props
rsl2022
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5308 ft
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 7-12 02:08
Lucky you mention this as mine was still in the white box inside the main box.  If I'd needed to change a prop then I would have had no more flying.

My screwdriver with m3p fits ok

There is 'fits ok' and then there is use in reality with screws firmly held with thread lock.  My DJI driver seemed to fit but then twisted out easily under pressure.  Had about 50% success rate.  My new PH000 feels solid in use now.

I will also try to crash less.  No more indoor flying for me in poor lighting conditions!
2022-7-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rsl2022 Posted at 7-12 02:21
There is 'fits ok' and then there is use in reality with screws firmly held with thread lock.  My DJI driver seemed to fit but then twisted out easily under pressure.  Had about 50% success rate.  My new PH000 feels solid in use now.

I will also try to crash less.  No more indoor flying for me in poor lighting conditions!

How did you get the replacement
2022-7-12
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-12 08:45
How did you get the replacement

You order it online......
2022-7-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-11 14:36
not pretending.  but i see your standing in the path blocking progress.

A Saint and an Angel and more besides

2022-7-12
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

Fitting okay still NOT good enough for me because at first I did NOT use the stock screw driver since I have several small ones already.
I used mine and it removed the first screw fine but I couldn't get the second screw out! So I used the stock one and it worked fine for the rest.
So for those who just put the tip into the screw head and FEEL that it fit okay, you may want to try to unscrew it just half a turn and see if it actually works.

Note also that the blue loctite that came with the screw tip is NOT the blue Loctite 242 that we all are familiar with. It's another type which won't toally break off as white powder once got removed.
I took mine off and inpected the bule silicone-like glue and decided to put them back on and so far with many flights later with no problems.  Note also that while I was screwing it back in after a few turns, I can feel the resistant of the glue residual so I went ahead and reuse them. So some of you may disagree and I agreed that I took a chance.

Yes I often check the fit before the flight.

I will get the PH000 though.
2022-7-12
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-11 04:31
Whoever packaged my Mini 3 at the factory did not include a screwdriver but strangely enough they did put in an extra spare set of props over what should have shipped.  No problem as my Wowstick works great.

Which version of the Wowstick do you have ?

I am currently  on the fence to buy one, but not sure which one.
- Mini
- 1F
or
- 1F Pro
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_3cIMxpPasNkF
lvl.1

Canada

Mine is good
2022-7-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heliguy is sending me a wowstick FOC
2022-7-12
Use props
fans6fe03d87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Is there a reasonably priced alternative for this exact screwdriver in the UK please?
2022-7-12
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-12 11:15
Heliguy is sending me a wowstick FOC

Picture when it comes.  Wanna see so i can decide to buy
2022-7-12
Use props
1234Next >