Brand new Mavic 3 Cine disconnects and then flies into a tree!
634 4 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cschreiner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181027 ft
United States

My Mavic 3 Cine is less than 3 weeks old and today disconnected while only 20ft above me.  I have the latest update and was in a wide open meadow out in the middle of nowhere eastern Oregon.  My RC Pro controller completely froze.  It showed a frozen image and none of the buttons worked, even RTH.  I was left with no other option than to turn my controller off and reconnect.  My Mavic 2 has disconnected more times than I can count so I was really not expecting what happened next.  When I turned the controller off the drone immediately started RTH, and unfortunately I had just done a very tight flight a few feet above a creek that was winding and had overhanging trees on both sides.  I had Advanced Optimized RTH enabled due to the overhanging trees and it seemed to be trying to retrace my flight, but it was going way to fast and clearly had no working obstacle avoidance and flew right into a tree overhanging the creek, but it didn't fall into the creek.  This all happened so fast the transmitter didn't even have time to reconnect.   I'm positive obstacle avoidance wasn't working because I was literally running behind it into the creek and if it would have even hesitated in front of the tree I could have grabbed it out of the air.
After dealing with several years of Mavic 2 disconnects, I thought I had done my homework and waited patiently until I thought the bugs were worked out of the Mavic 3.    And I did buy DJI Care Refresh when I purchased it directly from DJI, but I'm not interested in sending my two week old drone in for repair after pulling that stunt, and I'm certainly not intertested in paying a replacement fee to have it replaced.   I'm also not interested in only replacing the drone if theres a chance it's the transmitter, so I'd really like to just send this one back and get a brand new Premium Combo OR... do I need to just return it and wait another 6 months or a year to see IF they can actually get the bugs worked out of this one?   

At this point, I'm kicking myself for not specifically Googling "DJI Mavic 3 disconnects" before pulling the trigger on buying one.  I would have never bought it if I had.  I just read the reviews after the latest update and was under the impression that the problems were mainly with the earliest released units.  It's absolutely disgusting that this issue still continues with DJIs "Flagship" drone...

2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Thomas, we are deeply sorry to read about the accident. As the drone got damaged, for flight safety, it is suggested to send the drone to DJI for service. In your case, we would recommend applying for data analysis, and we will analyze the data and find out the cause of the accident,  You can click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. If you have any more needs or questions, please feel free to contact us.
GTScreenshot_20220711_182306.png
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_j95YMb8iD4dR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111440 ft
Canada

Sorry That happened
2022-7-12
Use props
cschreiner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181027 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-11 02:13
Hi Thomas, we are deeply sorry to read about the accident. As the drone got damaged, for flight safety, it is suggested to send the drone to DJI for service. In your case, we would recommend applying for data analysis, and we will analyze the data and find out the cause of the accident,  You can click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. If you have any more needs or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Yes I would like to have the data analyzed.  I did not have this option checked before the flight.  If I activate it now before sending it in with they be able to analyze it?
Thanks
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

cschreiner Posted at 7-12 21:13
Yes I would like to have the data analyzed.  I did not have this option checked before the flight.  If I activate it now before sending it in with they be able to analyze it?
Thanks

Please synchronize related flight records and send the drone back ASAP. We have taken notes on your case. Please rest assured our team will perform data analysis after we receive it. Thank you.
2022-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules