Flight distance : 3665279 ft
United Kingdom

here is the 360 pano from English countryside

and here is the sunset:

2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful sphere that you have created. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-7-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't pixel peep, but lots excellent to my eyes, well done.
2022-7-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 7-11 02:44
I don't pixel peep, but lots excellent to my eyes, well done.

thanks and yes, there was not much to be seen so i usually wouldn't have posted it, but this one resulted perfect and especially the sky came out exactly as it was which is kind of amazing. probably the best result overall i had so far with the automatic pano mode
2022-7-11
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Great job, I wish I had the talent to do these.
2022-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Straight from TOWIE-ville.  Great sky infill on the first one.  Loving the sky tint from the low sun in the second.
2022-7-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Macked Posted at 7-11 03:23
Great job, I wish I had the talent to do these.

well it is not a talent, just a bit of editing...only thing is the manual vertical shots of the sky. But they are more patience than talent
2022-7-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-11 03:25
Straight from TOWIE-ville.  Great sky infill on the first one.  Loving the sky tint from the low sun in the second.

thanks, the sky is all shot in vertical mode so it is exactly as it was.
2022-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 7-11 03:27
thanks, the sky is all shot in vertical mode so it is exactly as it was.

You've got to be chuffed with those results then.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks very good indeed. I cant spot where it is though lol
2022-7-11
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Stunning stuff!

How many shots you using for the top? I know it may be overkill but I'm using the compass and in vertical mode taking one ever 45 degrees so 8 all up. They are stitching really well with the horizontals from the Sphere Pano Mode and I just through the whole lot at PTGUI and it seems to stitch them all nicely. All takes time though and those clouds are moving so will be VERY welcome when DJI change the firmware to do a FULL 360 x 180 without the need for the manual top and zenith.
2022-7-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 7-11 04:05
Stunning stuff!

How many shots you using for the top? I know it may be overkill but I'm using the compass and in vertical mode taking one ever 45 degrees so 8 all up. They are stitching really well with the horizontals from the Sphere Pano Mode and I just through the whole lot at PTGUI and it seems to stitch them all nicely. All takes time though and those clouds are moving so will be VERY welcome when DJI change the firmware to do a FULL 360 x 180 without the need for the manual top and zenith.

thanks!  I am doing it visually looking for references that can be used for control points when stitching, usually 2 rows 10 each roughly. though when there are no clouds i find it hard to follow this rule and sometime more or less depending on how concentrated i am...or i use the map for identifying the start point and try to overlap the images. perhaps i will try your 45 degrees rule to check if it will save me some time with extra shots that only confuse the stitching apps. I use only the panorama studio as ptgui gives up on the vertical shots. how you do it in ptgui?
2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job on these 360s.    Skyline is really appealing.  
2022-7-11
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

sbonev Posted at 7-11 04:16
thanks!  I am doing it visually looking for references that can be used for control points when stitching, usually 2 rows 10 each roughly. though when there are no clouds i find it hard to follow this rule and sometime more or less depending on how concentrated i am...or i use the map for identifying the start point and try to overlap the images. perhaps i will try your 45 degrees rule to check if it will save me some time with extra shots that only confuse the stitching apps. I use only the panorama studio as ptgui gives up on the vertical shots. how you do it in ptgui?

The latest version of PTGUI seems happy to accept both vertical and horizontal images it actually says in the Project Manager window that you have both types in the stitch so my method is...
  • Take the best manual reading I can work out and lock down manual exposure using that.
  • Start in jpeg mode vertical and take 8 manual 45 degree shots with gimbal pitched up as high as can go. I use the compass and effectively divide the 360 degress into 8 so is quite easy to line that up with the compass.
  • Then I switch to Pano Sphere Mode and just let it do it's thing
  • Then throw the lot at PTGUI and it just seems to stitch no worries, even blank skies.
  • The worry is though you take all that time doing the manual shots and the clouds move and PTGUI starts scratching it's head to figure out the stitch but it hasn't so far.

Cheers

Bussty
2022-7-11
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

Beautiful ! Thanks for sharing !
2022-7-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning Panos.   
2022-7-12
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 7-11 16:05
The latest version of PTGUI seems happy to accept both vertical and horizontal images it actually says in the Project Manager window that you have both types in the stitch so my method is...
  • Take the best manual reading I can work out and lock down manual exposure using that.

• thanks, i am using Panorama Studio recently, comparing to some of the results with older versions of ptgui the results were a bit better, especially for correctly placing images using metadata and water images stitching. not sure how will the newest version of ptgui will be, have to check that.
    as for the vertical shots i usualy do 2 raws of shots for just in case better control points alignment. but i will try your process with only 8 shots  at 60 degrees vertical. i do the sky last. but in any way the sky and water are usually difficult to process.
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    Sean-bumble-bee
    Core User of DJI
    Flight distance : 15997 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Given the number of 3 storey buildings I wouldn't have thought that that was a UK scene, did any one else get the same thought?
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    sbonev
    Second Officer
    United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-12 04:58
    Given the number of 3 storey buildings I wouldn't have thought that that was a UK scene, did any one else get the same thought?

definitely UK
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    Sean-bumble-bee
    Core User of DJI
    Flight distance : 15997 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Yep I noticed the road markings on the correct side of the road lol
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    sbonev
    Second Officer
    United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-12 05:15
    Yep I noticed the road markings on the correct side of the road lol

well for some people that is the wrong side
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    Bussty
    First Officer
    New Zealand

sbonev Posted at 7-12 02:12
    thanks, i am using Panorama Studio recently, comparing to some of the results with older versions of ptgui the results were a bit better, especially for correctly placing images using metadata and water images stitching. not sure how will the newest version of ptgui will be, have to check that.
    as for the vertical shots i usualy do 2 raws of shots for just in case better control points alignment. but i will try your process with only 8 shots  at 60 degrees vertical. i do the sky last. but in any way the sky and water are usually difficult to process.

Good luck! Will be so much easier of DJI build this into firmware  (CAN YOU HEAR US DJI???)  :-)
    2022-7-12
    Use props
    Montfrooij
    Captain
    Flight distance : 2560453 ft
    • >>>
    Netherlands

Very nice to see!
    2022-8-9
    Use props
    FPVin
    lvl.4