6313 14 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daemorie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361 ft
Latvia

Hello guys, I'm new here.
Here's the story, got my new Mavic 3 Fly more combo. Was flying it and filming for 2 days, no probs. Then on the 3rd day my camera stopped translating image to phone and got error "Camera malfunction. Repairs required. Contact DJI support for Assistance (Code: 10096)". But it was one time problem, it worked afterwards, thoght maybe it was a glitch.
On the next day though, no matter how I restart my drone, my remote, my phone or whatever, there is no camera image on my phone in DJI Fly app.
I tried firmware downgrade and upgrade, tried calibration, nothing works. Now I have errors:
1) "Camera malfunction. Repairs required. Contact DJI support for Assistance (Code: 10096)"
2) "Gimbal IMU data error. Contact DJI support for assistance (Code: 40021)"

Any advice? Who do I contact? Can't contact DJI support cause they're always offline, no emails of support mentioned, nothing.
2022-7-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This seems really self explanatory.  The drone is literally telling you that the drone needs to be serviced.  

support.dji.com

From there you can start a repair case and get it all handled.  I have used it very successfully for drones old and new.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daemorie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 3 like dirt or sand that may cause this issue. After doing this step and the issue still persists, since you have done several troubleshooting steps as well and the issue still persists. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-7-11
Use props
Daemorie
lvl.1
Latvia

Well, will be sending my drone back to Amazon, unfortunately. As they do not have “replacement” option, I basically have to get my refund (which is up to 3 weeks) and get a new drone. Pain in the ass, but no other way. That was a very fast drone pilot carreer(2 days).
Btw, as well as camera peoblems, drone does nto recognize internal storage, nor SD card, as well as some other minor issues.
Anyways, thanks for advice.
2022-7-13
Use props
Kapitene
lvl.1

DR Congo

So Mr DJI Stephen how can I open the gimbal to verify those obstructions ? I have also the same issue to my Mavic3
2022-7-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Kapitene Posted at 7-20 03:41
So Mr DJI Stephen how can I open the gimbal to verify those obstructions ? I have also the same issue to my Mavic3

At what drone? I cannot see any on your profile
As for gimbal, it is used a dry air spray to remove dust and sand, not directly on it, but in angles in order to push outside the dust, not inside.
2022-7-21
Use props
fans1563fc06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19367 ft
United States

I have the same issues with my mavic 3 cine.  I am getting error codes 10096 & 40021 out of nowhere.   The drone has been sitting in a case for a week.    I called DJI, and they were less than helpful.   Anyone have any experience with this, I'd rather not send it to california for what would appear to be a firmware glitch.   
2022-8-31
Use props
DroneOutCRE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19367 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  Did you resolve this other than sending it to DJI?
2022-9-5
Use props
Daemorie
lvl.1
Latvia

DroneOutCRE Posted at 9-5 18:07
I have the same issue.  Did you resolve this other than sending it to DJI?

Unfortunately no. DJI support told me to send it back, I bought it from Amazon, so I sent it back to amazon, cause it was within 15 day period of delivery I just got refunded.
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_1r2a6ND4IdMz
New

Sweden

I have the same issues.

First I hade the Error code 10021. After upgraded the Firmware I now have the error 10096.
2022-9-12
Use props
etegration
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2159104 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

i have the gimbal IMU 40021 error today. calibrated the gimbal resolved it. No need send back. hope this help someone.
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_m2lUsskXqZ0T
New
Flight distance : 653550 ft
South Africa

Hi, I’m experiencing the same issue. Anyone manage to resolve this without having to send the drone back?
2023-4-27
Use props
djiuser_m2lUsskXqZ0T
New
Flight distance : 653550 ft
South Africa

Daemorie Posted at 2022-7-13 00:14
Well, will be sending my drone back to Amazon, unfortunately. As they do not have “replacement” option, I basically have to get my refund (which is up to 3 weeks) and get a new drone. Pain in the ass, but no other way. That was a very fast drone pilot carreer(2 days).
Btw, as well as camera peoblems, drone does nto recognize internal storage, nor SD card, as well as some other minor issues.
Anyways, thanks for advice.

Did you manage to solve this? I am experiencing a very same problem.
2023-4-27
Use props
Jethro Alpuerto
New

Philippines

i have the same problem. tried calibrating the gimbal and imu calibration still not working

2023-4-27
Use props
salesdupes.tv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1452300 ft
United Kingdom

I had a ‘camera malfunction’ error. Frozen image. Landed and rebooted everything. Black screen / no camera image. My issue turned out to be as simple as… the ND filter was attached correctly.
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules