3984 5 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nivek1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm testing the raveneye from my rs2 pro, with my new rs3 (non pro). I notice a couple of things, first the raveneye module doesn't really fit in the cold shoe mount under the camera carriage, takes a lot of pressure to get it to lock in place and as much pressure to get it off the carriage. Second, I cannot get the screen to to enter camera view, even though the camera view is up on my phone. I use a monitor, so using the phone is not what I want, I would however like to be able to select a subject for active tracking from the gimbals touchscreen, which I could do on my RS2 Pro, when I first got it.

I should point out I used it once when I first got the RS2 (when it came out) and haven't used it since.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with a video of the said issue for further confirmation? Please also tell us the model of your camera.
2022-7-19
Use props
Nivek1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 03:08
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with a video of the said issue for further confirmation? Please also tell us the model of your camera.
The camera is a canon R6, however I’m not sure why that makes a difference. On the RS2, when I got it, the cameras screen would be displayed on the gimbal screen and active track could be implemented on the gimbals screen.

In the RS3 the cameras screen is displayed on my phone when connected to raveneye, which is cool, active track can be implemented on the phone, but when you swipe the gimbal screen…three screens give you gimbal options/settings and when you swipe left to right you get nothing.

I use a monitor so I really have no need to connect my phone to my gimbal for monitoring purposes, and if I stop using the monitor I lose external recording.

So is this not a raveneye feature in the Rs3?

https://youtu.be/SA_WNlWfkT0
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nivek1969 Posted at 7-20 10:09
The camera is a canon R6, however I’m not sure why that makes a difference. On the RS2, when I got it, the cameras screen would be displayed on the gimbal screen and active track could be implemented on the gimbals screen.

In the RS3 the cameras screen is displayed on my phone when connected to raveneye, which is cool, active track can be implemented on the phone, but when you swipe the gimbal screen…three screens give you gimbal options/settings and when you swipe left to right you get nothing.

Thanks for the video provided. We've confirmed with the corresponding team that DJI RS 3 touchscreen does not show the live view of the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter due to hardware limitations. You can consider DJI RS 3 Pro which supports this feature.
2022-7-21
Use props
Gisela
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287936 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same problem with with my RS3 Pro and Nikon Z9. Cables etc are all connected correctly, but when I want to shoot or take photos via the app, I just see my complete camera display including all settings. There is no sound either. Can anyone help?

Oh yes, order of switching on:
Gimbal, Camera, Raveneye, App. But: In the app I can't select the Wi-Fi as described, but am connected directly. Normally you should be able to select "not the gimbal above, but Raveneye below". This is not shown to me.

I am looking forward to your solution and feedback.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gisela Posted at 4-12 14:31
I have the same problem with with my RS3 Pro and Nikon Z9. Cables etc are all connected correctly, but when I want to shoot or take photos via the app, I just see my complete camera display including all settings. There is no sound either. Can anyone help?

Oh yes, order of switching on:

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean you cannot start recording via the Ronin app but the image transmission shows normally? Is there any error message when you try to record? If possible, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
2023-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules