Firmware 1.3.20 Controller Not Updating - Help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heybutch1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526946 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I got my P3 Advanced last week on v 1.2.6 and immediately updated the P3 to 1.2.8, which went fine. However at the time the Controller didn't do an update (and didn't leave any text file on my USB). Ultimately the DJI app (iphone 6) said firmware was up to date and there are comments in here stating that there was no controller update between 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 so I didn't think anything of it.

Today, my P3 and both Batteries have updated fine to 1.3.20 however my Controller will not initiate the update again. I have tried 2 USB's and a cable via the P3 itself but nothing.

I plug in the USB, (formatted in FAT32 with only the single .bin file on it), turn on the Controller but the RED Light stays on. No beeps, no Blue light no matter how long I wait. Same with the P3 via cable except this time the light goes Green as it has established a connection.

The DJI GO app says the controller needs an update and to use USB as cannot perform via the app.

Any ideas?!? Live Chat currently down

Only had it a week and between this and the 'no signal' and HDR issues I've been having its getting really annoying! That being said Ive taken some amazing video.

*******UPDATED*******
Issues was solved! I couldn't get it to update via USB but discovered if you delete and reinstall the iOS DJI Go App the option to update via App is there and it worked great.

Hope this helps.
2015-8-4
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Is your controller a 300A or 300B check the back. Apparently the 300B doesn't need an update.

That being said I could not upgrade my 300A with the USB SD card reader no matter how hard I tried (admittedly I didn't check the format of the car). However I was able to plug it up to the gimbal and update that way with no issues.
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

The update must be made inside the GO app. Check the firmware release info.....
Now TX is updated by the app.
2015-8-4
Use props
tbondis
lvl.1

Norway

I experienced sort of the same...

I formatted a old USB stick as FAT32, but it failed - like you describe.
I found a newer USB stick which was formatted as exFAT, had a lot of stuff on it so did not format it - just put the file at root.
This went absolutely fine...

Could be a faulty USB stick, or anything else... just my experience.
EDIT
My controller: 300A
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rift Posted at 2015-8-5 03:14
Is your controller a 300A or 300B check the back. Apparently the 300B doesn't need an update.

That ...

Its the GL300B. You may be right but the DJI Go App States "Update Required".
2015-8-4
Use props
gessa79
New

Norway

EDIT: It all works perfectly now ;)
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tbondis Posted at 2015-8-5 03:18
I experienced sort of the same...

I formatted a old USB stick as FAT32, but it failed - like you de ...

Just tried a 3rd USB and formatted it in exFAT, same result.
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Go screenshot here. When the P3 is on it says ready to fly, I can see the camera etc, just says UPDATE!
2015-8-4
Use props
contact
New

Germany

heybutch1 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:19
Its the GL300B. You may be right but the DJI Go App States "Update Required".

Same problem here.
The controller is an GL300B, the App saying it needs an update but cannot be made by the App.
And it shows no reaction to any USB device (I have tried USB sticks, card readers and the Gimbal - all formatted in extFAT or FAT32).
Is there any chance to readout the Firmware version of the controller somehow?
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

miguel.ar.silva Posted at 2015-8-5 03:18
The update must be made inside the GO app. Check the firmware release info.....
Now TX is updated by ...

Release info says first try via App, then if not possible do via USB.

Were you able to complete via App? I've just posted the screenshot of this below.
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

heybutch1 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:29
Release info says first try via App, then if not possible do via USB.

Were you able to complete v ...

are you on IOS GO app or are you on Android Pilot App?
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

contact Posted at 2015-8-5 03:27
Same problem here.
The controller is an GL300B, the App saying it needs an update but cannot be mad ...

In the App you can go...

General Settings > About

There it will say system (mine states 1.3.20 when the P3 is connected). But it doesn't specifically state the Controller.
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

miguel.ar.silva Posted at 2015-8-5 03:32
are you on IOS GO app or are you on Android Pilot App?

iOS DJI Go
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

that's stange.

I dont go tru that step because i got beta. I upgraded normaly P3 and the RC by USB SD Reader. Everyting was fine. The app upgrading capability was not available there in beta.

2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Has anyone updated via the iOS GO app or have we all done it via USB?
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ha!!!! Think I've got it!!!

Uninstalled the iOS app on my phone. Reinstalled it and the option to update via App was there.

Making the hobble beeps now. Music to my ears.

Yet again, turn it off and on wins the day. Thanks all!!!
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

heybutch1 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:40
Ha!!!! Think I've got it!!!

Uninstalled the iOS app on my phone. Reinstalled it and the option to u ...

So the solution for Guys that can't upgrade the RC from the APP is to remove the app and install it again?
2015-8-4
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

miguel.ar.silva Posted at 2015-8-5 03:44
So the solution for Guys that can't upgrade the RC from the APP is to remove the app and install i ...

Just worked for me. Anyone else?
2015-8-4
Use props
contact
New

Germany

miguel.ar.silva Posted at 2015-8-5 03:44
So the solution for Guys that can't upgrade the RC from the APP is to remove the app and install i ...

I have found a solution I guess.
The IOS App 2.0.0 seems to be the problem.
I have an old Android phone lying around and installed the Android App 1.2.0.
Here as well  I go the message "Update requiered" and the App DID download the upgrade file!
Wow, the upgrade did work (after one fail because the P3 had not been switched on?).

BUT! Even after having upgraded I still get the message that an upgrade is necessary including the info that the downloaded file got version 1.3.20 and the RC got version 1.3.20. Puh!

BTW: the IOS App now does not ask for an upgrade anymore!
2015-8-4
Use props
alex.karam
New

Lebanon

I have the GL300B controller model. Faced the same issue, just removed the DJI GO app I had installed yesterday from my IPad and reinstalled it. It fixed the problem and I was able to successfully update my controller from the app.
2015-8-5
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

alex.karam Posted at 2015-8-5 19:43
I have the GL300B controller model. Faced the same issue, just removed the DJI GO app I had installe ...

Nice one!
2015-8-5
Use props
jpn
lvl.1

Latvia

Hi I'm P3P and GL300B RC owner. The P3P 1.3.20 upgrade was successful.
On the other hand, the upgrade of RC once went seemly successful by downloading it from online through Android DJI Pilot app v1.2.0 i have in my Samsung S5 Active phone.
But the app itself shows aircraft status "Updates required", overall status: "(!) The RC is required to update...", on the next line: "(X) Upgrade failed" and small letters on the right side "Current version: 1.3.20 Download version: 1.3.20".
On About screen VERSION it shows "App 1.2.0 Firmware 1.3.20"
So if the firmware shows up as latest one, why I still get "Updates required" warning there?
Also, would like to know when the new app upgrade for androids will become available.
Cheers!
2015-8-5
Use props
rendall.evora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1337543 ft
Cabo Verde

I am also having the same problem, I use a table Samsung Galaxy 4 and I have no picture of Go Pro or GPS.
Hope appears solution to this problem briefly
2015-8-19
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Best way is to do a clean install via your USB stick directly in your RC controller, first make sure your micro SD only contents the newest FW trying to update via the Go app does not work properly.
2015-8-19
Use props
matt.mangan
New

United Kingdom

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-19 19:04
Best way is to do a clean install via your USB stick directly in your RC controller, first make sure ...

Watched youtube vid using USB micro (formatted and with latest FW 1.32) and its supposed to go from red to blue with chirp and then to green silent.

First attempt was red (long time) then beeped a couple of times and then light went out like it had turned off.

I restarted with the same USB/Micro in place and it quickly went from red to blue with chirp then green silent.

I checked the files on my PC and it says it is updated.  I'm assuming its okay but testing tonight.
2015-8-19
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My controller refuses to install FW or allow entry to the app

I have tried everything, read everything and watched everything.

The process is reall y quite straightforward, so I know I haven't messed up.

It has to be a faulty unit.
2015-8-19
Use props
hbargine
lvl.1

United States

I have had a similar problem to everyone above. Deleted the DJI app  and three times now I've been able to get the prompt with my P3 DJI Go app that says that my RC is finally being updated to the 1.3.2 version. I see the process in the download and the loading. Then I get the prompt that says the the firmware upgrade to 1.3.20 is finished and successful. Please reboot the RC. Of course I reboot the RC only to find that the version still on my "A" RC controller is STILL on the bloody 1.1.8 version. Bloody maddening to say the least. HELP! I've done this now 3 times - each time thinking that this time will be the one that really works.
2015-9-23
Use props
hbargine
lvl.1

United States

Still hoping someone can provide some insight to the above situation...
2015-9-24
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Give this a go..

2015-9-24
Use props
hbargine
lvl.1

United States

Tried your idea... didn't work. All it left me was the option of updating via a USB disc. Pretty frustrated.
2015-9-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hbargine Posted at 2015-9-25 16:52
Tried your idea... didn't work. All it left me was the option of updating via a USB disc. Pretty fru ...

Are you able to install the App on another device and connect it to the P3. Just to rule that out..

Also have you tried installing the 1.3.20 firmware using USB stick/SD card in the controller?

Sorry if you have tried this, not seen this specific issue before ( well, not that reinstalling the app didn't fix )..
2015-9-25
Use props
hbargine
lvl.1

United States

Ended up getting thru to the tech support people at DJI and they said to send it to them to repair.

Sent me shipping labels the same day and it should be worked on this next week. Looking forward to flying soon. Thanks for your efforts.

H
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules