3363 16 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've been flying my Mini 3 Pro (first ever drone) since launch with no issues.  I updated all the firmware went out yesterday, and 3 times the RC controller crashed - the drone was still responding but the screen froze and only a restart would resolve it.  I got home and there appears to be a new firmware which I updated to, but again today the same thing happened.

It's only when I record it happens, to a Saumsung Evo Plus 128gb (in the drone not the controller) and it kept saying the SD card was full.  Two formats latter (and confirmed empty on laptop, with 120 odd GB to record to) and he drone still reports SD card full and jumps to internal memory, at which point its records flawlessly for a short time before quickly filling up.

Seems very strange it is the RC which is crashing when the footage is installing to the drone SD card.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues (eg. is this a firmware issue) or do I need to contact DJI tomorrow for support on a possible defective unit.  Really disapointed not to be flying with these beautiful sun sets.

Cheers
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Firmware: 01.00.0201
RC Firmware: 01.01.0000
Flysafe database: 01.00.01.27
App version 1.68
2022-7-11
Use props
Hullie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3356657 ft
Netherlands

I would say that your SD-card is faulty. Could you try a different one?
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hullie Posted at 7-11 11:48
I would say that your SD-card is faulty. Could you try a different one?

Could certainly try - it would be a much slower card though.  Out of interest, any idea why that would make the RC controller crash?  I would have though storage would have been dealt with on the drone, and the camera feed back to the controller would be unaffected....but this is my first drone, so what do I know!
2022-7-11
Use props
Hullie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3356657 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT Posted at 7-11 11:53
Could certainly try - it would be a much slower card though.  Out of interest, any idea why that would make the RC controller crash?  I would have though storage would have been dealt with on the drone, and the camera feed back to the controller would be unaffected....but this is my first drone, so what do I know!

It shouldn't crash of course, but the software tries to read or write to a card and it can't, then an error occurs. This should never crash the device, but yeah, it could.

BTW I use the same Samsung Evo Plus 128gb card without issues.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended microSD card on your DJI RC for us to be bale to isolate the issue. If the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-11 19:52
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended microSD card on your DJI RC for us to be bale to isolate the issue. If the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

[view_image]
So the solution to trouble shooting my £1000, 6 week old drone is…spend more money?

Would a 64gb version of the SanDisk Extreme work?  Don’t want to spend a fortune if this turn out not to be the SD card.
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_kyEY75nfoVCr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776325 ft
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue yesterday when trying to fly. After 4 minutes of being in the air the app started locking then totally froze and was unresponsive. I was not screen recording at the time. I did not have any issues on the original firmware release it is only since 01.00.0201 was installed. My memory card in the RC controller is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb and the card is brand new.

I tried a factory reset of the RC controller but this made no difference and the App still crashed.

DJI this is not good enough, I spent a lot of money on a drone I could not use yesterday and I cannot revisit the place to take the video again. GUTTED
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_kyEY75nfoVCr Posted at 7-12 03:04
I had exactly the same issue yesterday when trying to fly. After 4 minutes of being in the air the app started locking then totally froze and was unresponsive. I was not screen recording at the time. I did not have any issues on the original firmware release it is only since 01.00.0201 was installed. My memory card in the RC controller is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb and the card is brand new.

I tried a factory reset of the RC controller but this made no difference and the App still crashed.
Sounds like this could be a firmware issue.  To be clear, the issue is with the SD card in the drone.  I do have an SD card in the controller but don’t screen record.  Seems like a few people are having similar issues.

Worth saying I have only had this issue since updating firmware.

It’s pretty nerve racking to have to reset a controller with the drone hovering somewhere up in the sky, I wasn’t sure it would even reconnect.  
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_kyEY75nfoVCr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776325 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT Posted at 7-12 03:31
Sounds like this could be a firmware issue.  To be clear, the issue is with the SD card in the drone.  I do have an SD card in the controller but don’t screen record.  Seems like a few people are having similar issues.

Worth saying I have only had this issue since updating firmware.

Are you sure it is the SD card in the drone? I regularly change my card and this problem occurs no matter what card I am using.
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_kyEY75nfoVCr Posted at 7-12 03:47
Are you sure it is the SD card in the drone? I regularly change my card and this problem occurs no matter what card I am using.
Nope - I think it’s firmware that’s the issue.  Dji have asked me to change the SD card, so I am doing that but if not resolved using a new card I’ll be contact support…
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9
New
Flight distance : 31870 ft
Netherlands

I also experienced the screen freezing.
When I disable the cache when recording in camera settings  everything runs smoothly.
Before the update I did not notice any freezing.
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9 Posted at 7-12 10:03
When I disable the cache when recording in camera settings  everything runs smoothly.

This seems to have worked!  Both my SD cards had the same crashing issues until I turned off the cache and then, voila, no more freezing, app crashing or juddering video.  This is clearly a firmware issue...
2022-7-12
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

djiuser_bbL1d6yltPGT Posted at 7-12 13:13
This seems to have worked!  Both my SD cards had the same crashing issues until I turned off the cache and then, voila, no more freezing, app crashing or juddering video.  This is clearly a firmware issue...

how to disable this cache?
2022-7-12
Use props
Tongala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41870 ft
Australia

djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9 Posted at 7-12 10:03

Same happened to me only difference was it happened when I activated auto RTH after about 12min of filming with no problems. Got it back and noticed I had inadvertently turned on caching after turning it off went up again repeating the first flight, no problems.

So it would seem that having cache turned on is (can be) the problem, maybe cache + filming + RTH (at least for me) overloads the RC cpu. I have noticed others experience this problem whilst screen recording + filming.
Again this points the cpu overload. Although what do I know....  
2022-7-12
Use props
SkyVidTek
New
Flight distance : 8796 ft
Canada

djiuser_kyEY75nfoVCr Posted at 7-12 03:04

New to DJI mini 3 pro wth RC controller, i had multiple screen freezing after about 6 min video recording only on drone, but full flight control. Using sandisk extreme pro 128gb u3 card in drone, lexar 64 u1 in RC. The video on the drone card was fine when played back. The video on the RC card showed the screen freezes/lockups.  Will try the "cache" solution next flight. I think its the sd card in the controller thats the problem, not a fast enough write speed?
Dan
2022-7-13
Use props
fansd67c7c10
lvl.1

United States

It happened to me today first time, in my case the remote screen went completely black, drone was at 400 feet. And then few seconds later screen came back again. When it went black it was like the remote was completely off, no video no interface, nothing.   Is this what everyone is experiencing??
( I was not screen recording.)

Where can I check error logs etc?

(Mini 3 pro, Remote with built in screen, current latest fw)
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules