Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought another new drone
12Next >
1578 62 2022-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

I already have an Air 2S and RC Pro
But I decided to buy another drone as a spare in case a go to a lot of trouble traveling to a site, but crash my drone.
A Mavic 3 is too expensive, so I considered a Mini 3 Pro.
The Mini 3 Pro is certainly a good price, but I decided to buy another Air 2S because I've been very happy with the first one.
And of course, if I bought a mini I would have to carry two controllers

Let's hope I made the right choice

Just have to organise two-year Care Refresh for the second one

Drone 2 small.jpg
2022-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting a 2nd Air 2S.  I have both the Air 2S and the new Mini 3 Pro and I much prefer flying the Air 2S.  I have issues with Mini 3 Pro reverting from FCC mode to CE mode once the HP is set causing weaker signal connection and less range.  I did find a temporary work around but what a pain to have to do each and every flight.  It appears that DJI has finally recognized that as an issue and will correct it in a future FW update.  Not sure how they define the word future, hopefully sooner than later.

The other thing that I'm hoping is that DJI will eventually make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro so that I only have to carry one remote controller.  That would be the RC Pro I'll carry because it has a much brighter screen, HDMI out, internal memory and you can put 3rd party Apps on it like UAV  Forecast.  Can't do that on Mini 3 Pro RC.

Anyway, I have no doubt the Air 2S will continue to serve you well as both a primary and back-up drone.
2022-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the growing fleet.   
2022-7-12
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 04:15
Congrats on the growing fleet.

To boldly go...

2022-7-12
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-12 04:10
Congrats on getting a 2nd Air 2S.  I have both the Air 2S and the new Mini 3 Pro and I much prefer flying the Air 2S.  I have issues with Mini 3 Pro reverting from FCC mode to CE mode once the HP is set causing weaker signal connection and less range.  I did find a temporary work around but what a pain to have to do each and every flight.  It appears that DJI has finally recognized that as an issue and will correct it in a future FW update.  Not sure how they define the word future, hopefully sooner than later.

The other thing that I'm hoping is that DJI will eventually make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro so that I only have to carry one remote controller.  That would be the RC Pro I'll carry because it has a much brighter screen, HDMI out, internal memory and you can put 3rd party Apps on it like UAV  Forecast.  Can't do that on Mini 3 Pro RC.

Thank you.
I was really struggling with my choice, but I believe I made the right one.
And I certainly made the right choice in buying an RC Pro
2022-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 7-12 05:12
Thank you.
I was really struggling with my choice, but I believe I made the right one.
And I certainly made the right choice in buying an RC Pro

You're very welcome.  That right choice of the RC Pro applies to you and me both.  Best buy ever.  No more wires, pulling out mobile device, etc.  Not sure why I waited so long to buy one but sure glad I finally got around to it.  
2022-7-12
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

I got an air 2s after the mini 3 Pro.  Excited to use it soon
2022-7-12
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

you gonna carry both all the time in case of crashing one, did i understood corectly?
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ReproRetro. Good day and congratulations on your second DJI Air 2S. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying. .
2022-7-12
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

I have the air 2S and RC pro controller. I have the mini 3 pro (drone only) on pre order. I plan on using  the stock controller that came with my air 2S for the mini 3 pro until the RC pro controller is compatible with the mini 3 pro, Fingers crossed........
2022-7-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see your logic - having less gear to carry around in terms of controllers.  A good choice, no doubt.
2022-7-12
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-12 06:21
You're very welcome.  That right choice of the RC Pro applies to you and me both.  Best buy ever.  No more wires, pulling out mobile device, etc.  Not sure why I waited so long to buy one but sure glad I finally got around to it.

And of course, no phone calls or text messages, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, popping up
2022-7-12
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 7-12 20:57
I can see your logic - having less gear to carry around in terms of controllers.  A good choice, no doubt.

Hopefully the RC Pro will support the Mini 3 Pro in the future
2022-7-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReproRetro Posted at 7-12 22:03

That would be ideal, for many owners.
2022-7-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ReproRetro Posted at 7-12 22:03

I suspect that will indeed be the case. The real question will be forward or backward compatibility.

2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 7-12 22:01
And of course, no phone calls or text messages, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, popping up

You're 100% correct.  I put my smartphone on Airplane mode and silent when I go fly.  Just don't want the interruptions.  

As an aside I'm averaging about 2 hours and 45 minutes per charge on the RC Pro.  It still has one LED lit so I'm not sure how much longer it would go but figure it is best to not push my luck.  
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 7-12 23:38
That would be ideal, for many owners.

Yes it would.
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 7-13 00:28
I suspect that will indeed be the case. The real question will be forward or backward compatibility.

Yes, I expect it would.
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

chillibadger Posted at 7-12 08:30
I got an air 2s after the mini 3 Pro.  Excited to use it soon

The Air 2S is really amazing
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 06:34
You're 100% correct.  I put my smartphone on Airplane mode and silent when I go fly.  Just don't want the interruptions.  

As an aside I'm averaging about 2 hours and 45 minutes per charge on the RC Pro.  It still has one LED lit so I'm not sure how much longer it would go but figure it is best to not push my luck.

Yes. If you had a spare flight battery you might be able to connect it to the RC Pro like a powerbank. I've used one to charge my phone now and then
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

MHM Posted at 7-12 20:39
I have the air 2S and RC pro controller. I have the mini 3 pro (drone only) on pre order. I plan on using  the stock controller that came with my air 2S for the mini 3 pro until the RC pro controller is compatible with the mini 3 pro, Fingers crossed........

That's good. I didn't know you could do that.
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 19:11
Hello there ReproRetro. Good day and congratulations on your second DJI Air 2S. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying.  .

Thank you DJI Stephen
2022-7-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 7-12 12:20
you gonna carry both all the time in case of crashing one, did i understood corectly?

Pretty much. A couple of places I've traveled to have taken a couple of days getting there. And I have a history of crashing drones (I take too many risks). And it would be such a waste to not have a working drone.
I do some work as a photographer now and then, and as most photographers do, I have two matching cameras (Canon 5D Mark iv) and lenses.
A few months ago I photographed a wedding. It was an 8-hour gig. But you can just imagine the trouble it would cause if my camera stopped working for whatever reason.
2022-7-13
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

I respect that
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 7-13 07:04
Yes. If you had a spare flight battery you might be able to connect it to the RC Pro like a powerbank. I've used one to charge my phone now and then

If I'm going to be out and about for a while I carry an Anker Model 737, 25,600 mAh powerbank.  Only had to use it once but worked out really well.
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

Thank you
2022-7-13
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 12:54
If I'm going to be out and about for a while I carry an Anker Model 737, 25,600 mAh powerbank.  Only had to use it once but worked out really well.

Good choice
2022-7-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

ReproRetro Posted at 7-13 07:13
Pretty much. A couple of places I've traveled to have taken a couple of days getting there. And I have a history of crashing drones (I take too many risks). And it would be such a waste to not have a working drone.
I do some work as a photographer now and then, and as most photographers do, I have two matching cameras (Canon 5D Mark iv) and lenses.
A few months ago I photographed a wedding. It was an 8-hour gig. But you can just imagine the trouble it would cause if my camera stopped working for whatever reason.

Yes same reason I carry 4 cameras and several drones. Remember that you need a CASA commercial Registration license to use the drones for any income generating purpose. Its $30 per drone which really sucks. Should be the operator licensed not each individual drone. But it is claimable on your tax return. (As is the drone itself)
2022-7-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.    I've also used it to charge my smart phone and laptop, so it is a hand thing to have around.
2022-7-14
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 7-14 00:07
Yes same reason I carry 4 cameras and several drones. Remember that you need a CASA commercial Registration license to use the drones for any income generating purpose. Its $30 per drone which really sucks. Should be the operator licensed not each individual drone. But it is claimable on your tax return. (As is the drone itself)

Yes, thank you for that. i have mine registered with Casa. It's $40 in Australia.
2022-7-14
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Got my case today.  All fits good apart from the mains plug.  Battery USB adapter and mains charger under controller.  Space for 4th battery.   2 sets of props.  Think I will be leaving them off
20220714_212142.jpg
2022-7-14
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

chillibadger Posted at 7-14 12:36
Got my case today.  All fits good apart from the mains plug.  Battery USB adapter and mains charger under controller.  Space for 4th battery.   2 sets of props.  Think I will be leaving them off

That looks good. Wouldn't work with my Air 2S because I have an RC Pro controller. In fact it doesn't in the the bag that came with my Fly More Combo either
2022-7-16
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ReproRetro Posted at 7-16 04:39
That looks good. Wouldn't work with my Air 2S because I have an RC Pro controller. In fact it doesn't in the the bag that came with my Fly More Combo either

Yeah some can be a pain to fit everything.   Decided that props stay off and dont get stressed with the weight of the drone.  I find the DJI cases sort of ok but would never use them for travelling a distance
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ReproRetro Posted at 7-13 07:06
Thank you DJI Stephen

Hi there ReproRetro. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-7-18
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

ReproRetro Posted at 7-16 04:39

Get the DJI Air 2 case. Its a great case and prefect fit for the SmartController or NC1  haven't tried to fit my RC Pro in it yet as I have a case for my M3 Cine that takes it.

DJI Air 2 Hard Case
2022-7-21
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 7-21 07:01
Get the DJI Air 2 case. Its a great case and prefect fit for the SmartController or NC1  haven't tried to fit my RC Pro in it yet as I have a case for my M3 Cine that takes it.

DJI Air 2 Hard Case

Thats quite big height wise.  Theres no photos of the contents in, do you have any pics of your air2s in it?
2022-7-21
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 7-21 07:01

DJI Air 2 Hard Case

Thank you
2022-7-22
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

what have you done with A2s?
2022-7-22
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

chillibadger Posted at 7-21 08:16
Thats quite big height wise.  Theres no photos of the contents in, do you have any pics of your air2s in it?

Here you go.

First is with NC1 Controller and compartment lid on. Second is SmartController with compartment lid off. With Max batteries "6"

Cheers.
2022-7-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules