I have a question about my DJI pocket2
1869 37 2022-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I just want to know if its normal to feel a small vibration in the handle when the gimbal moves quickly left and right. I have returned a camera over this and the other one is the same so im starting to think its just normal but it would be resurring to know if you guys think so too? do you feel it. Really feel in hard as its quite difficult to notice. Just grip the handle tight and triple tap the fundtion button to make the gimbal flip and just tell me if you feel any kind of vibration at all would be really helpfull to know.
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there D1amondkneeplat. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The vibrations that you feel is caused the mechanical parts inside your DJI Pocket 2. If you feel that your DJI Pocket 2 is not working properly and if you receive any error message on the DJI Mimo application. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-7-12
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 19:36
Hello there D1amondkneeplat. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The vibrations that you feel is caused the mechanical parts inside your DJI Pocket 2. If you feel that your DJI Pocket 2 is not working properly and if you receive any error message on the DJI Mimo application. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you this really relived my worries
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-17 05:22
Thank you this really relived my worries

Hi there D1amondkneeplat. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2022-7-20
Use props
SrvANT
New
United States

Mine is smooth as butter. But I'm not sure what you're speed setting is at.
2022-7-21
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SrvANT Posted at 7-21 15:56

It happens on both fast follow and on slow follow I had it on my first camera and returned it for another and had it on the other right out of the box. How tight do you grip your camera when you hold it? It kind of feels like a grinding feeling like the motor is rubbing against something.
2022-7-22
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I didn't experience that thing also... mine it's also smooth... or I didn't noticed... I'll try tomorrow if I fell something.
2022-7-22
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-22 15:00
I didn't experience that thing also... mine it's also smooth... or I didn't noticed... I'll try tomorrow if I fell something.

I’ve noticed the harder I squeeze it the less noticeable it is
2022-7-23
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-22 15:00

2022-7-23
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-23 06:18

I thought it should be the other way around... the lighter you squeeze the less noticeable

I tried mine, multiple times now, and I don't ear anything... light and hard squeeze... nothing...

Try calibrate the Gimbal, if you didn't do it already... see if it helps, if not I would call for warranty or replacement

Hope it helps.
2022-7-23
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-23 08:07
I thought it should be the other way around... the lighter you squeeze the less noticeable

I tried mine, multiple times now, and I don't ear anything... light and hard squeeze... nothing...

I am referring to a feeling not a sound but yes I have tried calibrating the gimbal. Should I just ignore it as it’s only when the gimbal moves fast. I have replaced already and the other one has the issue too.
2022-7-24
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-23 08:07

I am referring to a feeling not a sound but yes I have tried calibrating the gimbal. Should I just ignore it as it’s only when the gimbal moves fast. I have replaced already and the other one has the issue too.
2022-7-24
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-24 10:45

Sorry, I explained myself wrong... I don't fell anything moving inside the pocket... the only thing I've noticed was a sound from the gimbal if I put my ear in the handle of the pocket...

But I'll try to test it again tomorrow with fast movements... I'll let you know.

You can keep the pocket, you have warranty... the problem it's that you have to wait for it... probably return the pocket would be faster and bring another one. Was the pocket sealed?
2022-7-24
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-24 15:18
Sorry, I explained myself wrong... I don't fell anything moving inside the pocket... the only thing I've noticed was a sound from the gimbal if I put my ear in the handle of the pocket...

But I'll try to test it again tomorrow with fast movements... I'll let you know.

Yes both of the pockets were sealed but is there a way I could get another one without sending that one in. I’m going on holiday soon and will need the pocket. Also where did you buy your pocket from?
2022-7-25
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Where did you buy your pocket from?
2022-7-25
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-25 00:59
Yes both of the pockets were sealed but is there a way I could get another one without sending that one in. I’m going on holiday soon and will need the pocket. Also where did you buy your pocket from?

I bought my pocket 2 in El Corte Ingles... it's a Spanish company, in Portugal there are 2 stores... I bought in Porto District.

If you're going on holidays, and the pocket shoots good besides what you mention, if I were you I would take the pocket with me,  and afterwards I would think in a solution,  your pocket is still in warranty.
2022-7-25
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I test the pocket again... I tried very fast movements... I don't feel anything.

But like I've said, it depends on what people want, but if I was going on holidays, I would prefer having my memories recorded than finding an easy solution, like returning the pocket. In normal case I would prefer returning for a new one, but in this case I would prefer taking the pocket with me, and later I would try warranty.
I don't believe there's a way to ask for a new one without sending the one you have, at least here in Portugal.

Hope it helps.
2022-7-25
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-25 03:06
I test the pocket again... I tried very fast movements... I don't feel anything.

But like I've said, it depends on what people want, but if I was going on holidays, I would prefer having my memories recorded than finding an easy solution, like returning the pocket. In normal case I would prefer returning for a new one, but in this case I would prefer taking the pocket with me, and later I would try warranty.

Thank you for all the help, I agree I will take it on holiday and when I get back try to get my money back for the pocket and buy it from the DJI website rather than in store
2022-7-25
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-25 12:29
Thank you for all the help, I agree I will take it on holiday and when I get back try to get my money back for the pocket and buy it from the DJI website rather than in store

You're welcome let me know the outcome of the situation.

Hope you have a nice holiday.
2022-7-26
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-26 04:12
You're welcome  let me know the outcome of the situation.

Hope you have a nice holiday.

I have a theory of why both of the other cameras were like this. I bought both of these cameras from Argos uk in the largest heatwave recorded I believe the interest in the DJI pocket 2 in the rural area where I live is low so they just end up sitting in a store for 2 years in the heat since they came out where I eventually get them.
2022-7-26
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-26 09:06
I have a theory of why both of the other cameras were like this. I bought both of these cameras from Argos uk in the largest heatwave recorded I believe the interest in the DJI pocket 2 in the rural area where I live is low so they just end up sitting in a store for 2 years in the heat since they came out where I eventually get them.

Actually it makes sense... unless they have air conditioning environment even so, if they're stay for long time in the store, in almost everything with mechanical parts tends to get stuck... at least with my stuff it happened..
2022-7-26
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-26 10:44
Actually it makes sense... unless they have air conditioning environment  even so, if they're stay for long time in the store, in almost everything with mechanical parts tends to get stuck... at least with my stuff it happened..

Do you think I would have more luck getting it from dji’s website?
2022-7-27
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-27 05:12
Do you think I would have more luck getting it from dji’s website?

If you're able te get your money back from the store you bought... why not? At least here in Portugal you could ask for a refund in the first 30 days if there's a problem with what you bought... after holidays try ask for a refund, if you cannot get your money back, send it to warranty.
2022-7-27
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-27 07:36
If you're able te get your money back from the store you bought... why not? At least here in Portugal you could ask for a refund in the first 30 days if there's a problem with what you bought... after holidays try ask for a refund, if you cannot get your money back, send it to warranty.

Did your DJI pocket get stuck when you got it
2022-7-27
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Where did you purchase your DJI pocket2
2022-7-27
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-27 12:43
Where did you purchase your DJI pocket2

Mine was bought in a big store called "El Corte Ingles" it's a Spanish big company here in Portugal
2022-7-28
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-27 07:48
Did your DJI pocket get stuck when you got it

I didn't buy it outside Europe, because of warranty difficulties if something didn't work correctly... I bought it in Portugal
2022-7-28
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-28 00:36
I didn't buy it outside Europe, because of warranty difficulties if something didn't work correctly... I bought it in Portugal

I mean did the motors get stuck. Also when did you buy it
2022-7-28
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 7-28 07:40
I mean did the motors get stuck. Also when did you buy it

I wasn't talking about my pocket... I was talking in general most of mechanical stuff could gets stuck if we don't use them... it happened with some stuff I had... like cassette stereo... vinyl player... stuff like that...
2022-7-29
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-29 11:49
I wasn't talking about my pocket... I was talking in general most of mechanical stuff could gets stuck if we don't use them... it happened with some stuff I had... like cassette stereo... vinyl player... stuff like that...

Oh right, do you know if there is a store where I can try them before I buy them
2022-8-19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 8-19 09:48
Oh right, do you know if there is a store where I can try them before I buy them

You may be able to try at an Apple Store before you buy, or at the very least if it "acts up' after purchase, you can walk right back in and get another unit, or your money back. - I purchased my original Pockets, and the P2 all from the Apple Store
2022-8-20
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gulfstream Posted at 8-20 01:49
You may be able to try at an Apple Store before you buy, or at the very least if it "acts up' after purchase, you can walk right back in and get another unit, or your money back.  - I purchased my original Pockets, and the P2 all from the Apple Store

But don’t they only sell apple products at the Apple store?
2022-8-20
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gulfstream Posted at 8-20 01:49
You may be able to try at an Apple Store before you buy, or at the very least if it "acts up' after purchase, you can walk right back in and get another unit, or your money back.  - I purchased my original Pockets, and the P2 all from the Apple Store

I would love to hear back from you
2022-9-12
Use props
D1amondkneeplat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-29 11:49

If I return the camera and the new one has the same issue what do you think I should do
2022-9-12
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 9-12 12:23
If I return the camera and the new one has the same issue what do you think I should do

I would send it to dji warranty... you may experience something other people cannot notice or feel... don't know. But I have this kind of situations in my motorcycle, I can feel everything in the engine and others with the same motorcycle cannot.
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_v8GOgfpjmwNw
New

United States

I can't activate my dji pocket2 or get to the settings menu on my pocket 2. Please help.
2023-4-25
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

D1amondkneeplat Posted at 2022-9-12 12:20
I would love to hear back from you

Yes you can buy DJI Products at The Apple Store.
2023-11-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_v8GOgfpjmwNw Posted at 4-25 11:06
I can't activate my dji pocket2 or get to the settings menu on my pocket 2. Please help.

I apologize if this reaches you too late, but if you still have activation problems, check out here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-235190-1-1.html (for phones) or https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

I hope you manage(d) to solve it!
2023-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules