DNG Hasselblad color profile missing
2167 7 2022-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

If I remember well this drone was advertised as having a Hasselblad  color profile... but the fact is that at this point is none existent appart from videos and JPGs. When  you import the DNGs to Lightroom it just uses the standard color  profile and there's no camera color matching profiles anywhere.

It's not that bad because you can make your own Color Checker camera  profiles in the meantime, and I know Adobe takes it's time to release  profiles on cameras even like R5 or R6... but it's been a while since M3  release and in my opinion is a must.

2022-7-12
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

This drone has some serious problems with the standard color profile, it didn't happen with the Air2S or even the Mini 2. Luckily, you can use a color checker or a color checker SG to solve it by doing your own camera profile. I can't understand how no one has complained about this yet, just look at the color banding on this clouds during the bluehour and the embeded color profile, the phto is not editted.

Embedded:

Color Checker Passport:

A 2000€ drone, with a Hasselblad camera that doesn't come with camera matching DNG profiles... WTF DJI? WTF Hasselblad? Are you serious? Color banding like a cheap webcam from the early 2000?

It happens every time, those pink colors you get on the clouds during sunsets/rise/bluehour get clipped on the embedded profile on every photo. I'm shooting on pro mode, 5500K, 100 ISO, F/2.8, DNG and -0,7 exposure.
2022-7-30
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-30 18:33
This drone has some serious problems with the standard color profile, it didn't happen with the Air2S or even the Mini 2. Luckily, you can use a color checker or a color checker SG to solve it by doing your own camera profile. I can't understand how no one has complained about this yet, just look at the color banding on this clouds during the bluehour and the embeded color profile, the phto is not editted.

Hello, same problem for me, strong magenta color when I show in front of the sun with Mavic 3 classic. Not that issu with Mavic 2 pro...
Do you think you can sent me your profil to test it with my mavic 3 classic ?
2022-12-19
Use props
jhubbardsf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122290 ft
United States

Same, anyone have a good color profile for the Mavic 3?
2022-12-20
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

This is the profile I use, I made it wiht Color Checker Camera Calibration plugin in Lightroom although my color checker passport "expired" long ago, but at least it gets rid of the magenta clipping. It was made on sunlight conditions.

Ideally you want to do the profile with the ColorChecker Digital SG, but it cost 340€, so if anyone has one and want to share the profile it will be welcome.

We need camera matching color profiles for the Mavic 3, that's the whole point of having a Hasselblad.

Profile_M3.zip (497 Bytes, Down times: 57)
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 12-21 09:56
This is the profile I use, I made it wiht Color Checker Camera Calibration plugin in Lightroom although my color checker passport "expired" long ago, but at least it gets rid of the magenta clipping. It was made on sunlight conditions.

Ideally you want to do the profile with the ColorChecker Digital SG, but it cost 340€, so if anyone has one and want to share the profile it will be welcome.

It's extremely frustrating that cheaper drones like the mini 2 and air 2s have the profile embedded but even though there is obviously one for jpegs being used they just are not embedding it into the DNG. As you stated you shouldn't be required to go and get a color checker passport for such an expensive drone. You really only need that if you are going to be mixing cameras.
Thanks for the profile though. Hopefuly it holds us over till DJI fixes the issue fianally.
2022-12-22
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

This is the profile I use, I made it wiht Color Checker Camera Calibration plugin in Lightroom although my color checker passport "expired" long ago, but at least it gets rid of the magenta clipping. It was made on sunlight conditions.

Ideally you want to do the profile with the ColorChecker Digital SG, but it cost 340€, so if anyone has one and want to share the profile it will be welcome.

Thanks for the profile, looks great!
2022-12-22
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

This is the profile I use, I made it wiht Color Checker Camera Calibration plugin in Lightroom although my color checker passport "expired" long ago, but at least it gets rid of the magenta clipping. It was made on sunlight conditions.

Ideally you want to do the profile with the ColorChecker Digital SG, but it cost 340€, so if anyone has one and want to share the profile it will be welcome.

I created a profil with an old colorchecker classic , and the result is the same as your profil
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules