1997 8 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raptorz102
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2058543 ft
United States

Hey everyone,

I have a DJI FPV drone and I'm trying to setup audience mode with my iPhone 13 Pro or my iPad Pro.  In theory, I'm fairly confident this should work using the DJI Fly app.  Here is the process I'm using and where I'm having the problem.

• Power up the FPV drone, goggles and controller
  • Connect the USB adapter to the goggles and connect the other end to my iPad Pro (new).
  • Launch the DJI Fly App
  • DJI Fly app gives me the blue button for "Go Fly"
  • Live view of the drone is shown on the iPad screen
  • Engage the rotors on the drone
  • The live view freezes, then goes to a black screen.
  • If I stop the rotors, the live feed is restored.

This same experience happens when I plug my goggles into my iPhone 13 pro.  I know Audience mode is turned on but I can't get it to stay connected after I turn the rotors on.  Any ideas?  I'm hoping there is soemthing really simple I am missing?

Thanks everyone!
2022-7-13
Use props
Raptorz102
lvl.2
United States

Nobody has seen this?
2022-8-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

When using your phone with the cable audio audience mode doesn't matter. It's technically that's not audience mode..Audience mode is only for  people who use another set of goggles

Secondly it sounds like maybe the phone and the app are having a problem. Try deleting the app. Then reinstall it.

I'm not really sure why it gives you the list fly button and shows the video until you turn on the motors. I've never seen that happen
2022-8-9
Use props
Raptorz102
lvl.2
United States

SgtRay Posted at 8-9 07:54
When using your phone with the cable audio audience mode doesn't matter. It's technically that's not audience mode..Audience mode is only for  people who use another set of goggles

Secondly it sounds like maybe the phone and the app are having a problem. Try deleting the app. Then reinstall it.

Thanks for the info.

I thought "Audience Mode" was for any smart phone / tablet/ device that had the DJI Fly app installed in addition to another set of Goggles.  Thats a shame actually.  My son would love to watch but I also need to see where I'm going ;)
2022-8-11
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Raptorz102 Posted at 8-11 06:45
Thanks for the info.

I thought "Audience Mode" was for any smart phone / tablet/ device that had the DJI Fly app installed in addition to another set of Goggles.  Thats a shame actually.  My son would love to watch but I also need to see where I'm going ;)

But it really still should show the vid (without the heads up data on the app while flying. When it says "Go fly" when you hit the button it should show the drones vid.
2022-8-11
Use props
Raptorz102
lvl.2
United States

SgtRay Posted at 8-11 13:30
But it really still should show the vid (without the heads up data on the app while flying. When it says "Go fly" when you hit the button it should show the drones vid.

Yeah, that is what I figured.  If I hit "Go Fly" it shows me the video but the moment I engage the rotors, the video freezes and then goes to a black screen.  I've tried this on an iPhone 13 and an iPad Pro (new).  Same thing.  

So wierd.
2022-8-11
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Raptorz102 Posted at 8-11 13:34
Yeah, that is what I figured.  If I hit "Go Fly" it shows me the video but the moment I engage the rotors, the video freezes and then goes to a black screen.  I've tried this on an iPhone 13 and an iPad Pro (new).  Same thing.  

So wierd.

Try this as an experiment.
Lower the resolution to its lowest point in the goggles
Set everything to the lowest
Then try to activate the props

if the video stays on then it's simple your phone can't handle the bandwidth. If you're screen goes solid again something's up with the app..
2022-8-11
Use props
Raptorz102
lvl.2
United States

Experiment results = Interesting but confusing.

The only place within the Google UI that I could adjust resolution was within the "Camera" settings.  I set the Video transmission to Low Latency which reduced the quality a bit (expected).  I engaged the motors and the audience mode worked on the iPad.  The only glitch was that every 3-5 seconds the video transmission would freeze for 1/10 of a second and then start back up again.  I did notice that during this time, the right and left side of the Goggle view were blurry which means it was focusing power on what was right in front of me.

For the hell of it, while flying, I did set the video back to "High Quality" expecting the audience mode to stop, but it kept going.  Happy it works but a little confused on the results.
2022-8-15
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Raptorz102 Posted at 8-15 06:54
Experiment results = Interesting but confusing.

The only place within the Google UI that I could adjust resolution was within the "Camera" settings.  I set the Video transmission to Low Latency which reduced the quality a bit (expected).  I engaged the motors and the audience mode worked on the iPad.  The only glitch was that every 3-5 seconds the video transmission would freeze for 1/10 of a second and then start back up again.  I did notice that during this time, the right and left side of the Goggle view were blurry which means it was focusing power on what was right in front of me.

Yeah, I kind of thought it might do something like that period but it was still a shot in the dark and I'm glad it worked.

Now go out and fly the props off of it! Lol
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules