Is this a legit email and email address from DJI?
2267 12 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399085 ft
United States

Hey everyone,

I recieved this email from "promoter@dji.com" asking to send back bank and tax info as part of the affiliate program. This seemed really weird for me as its the first time I get an email from a company asking for bank/tax info through email. Does anyone know if this email and this email address is legit? There is also a "Tax Form.rar" attached to the email. Thank you for help. The email goes:

Dear Affiliates,

Please provide your bank account info or PayPal account for us. We will help to fill in the system.
In addition, for the affiliates receiving USD commission, you also need to provide the tax form ( as attachment).

If you choose to use bank transfer, please provide the below info:
-Account Name
-Your Address
-Your phone number
-Bank Name
-IBAN
-Swift Code/Sort Code
-Currency
-Bank Address

Please reply this email with your payment info by the end of  Jul 15th.

Sincerely,
DJI Affiliate Program
2022-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you making money out of affiliate program?
If not, just ignore it.
2022-7-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a scam. Bin it. And maybe alert the DJI Mods in the section Forum/Service/Forum Issues by outlining the situation, there.
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bonafide scam.  Mark as spam and then delete it immediately.  Just another Phishing attempt by some low life scammer.
2022-7-13
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

you did not get this from promoter@dji.com probably its only display name
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, this email is sent by our official email address promoter@dji.com, please rest assured. If you have any inquiries about the email, you can directly reply to the email and our team will explain it in detail.
2022-7-14
Use props
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-13 13:14
you did not get this from  probably its only display name

The email says it is from that email. I double checked to make sure it wasn't just the display name. Either way it just seems so odd that they would ask for bank info through email.
2022-7-26
Use props
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-14 01:23
Hi there, this email is sent by our official email address , please rest assured. If you have any inquiries about the email, you can directly reply to the email and our team will explain it in detail.

I apologize as I'm a new user on this forum but who are you and how do I know what you're saying is trustworthy? Everyone else is saying that email is a scam.
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans53170f7c Posted at 7-26 15:49
I apologize as I'm a new user on this forum but who are you and how do I know what you're saying is trustworthy? Everyone else is saying that email is a scam.

We are the admins of DJI Forum, who work in DJI.
And this is our official website for DJI Affiliate Program https://u.dji.com/en/profile/region
The email address can be checked on the website, rest assured.
2022-7-26
Use props
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-26 17:53
We are the admins of DJI Forum, who work in DJI.
And this is our official website for DJI Affiliate Program https://u.dji.com/en/profile/region
The email address can be checked on the website, rest assured.

Thank you. That helps a lot.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans53170f7c Posted at 7-27 06:46
Thank you. That helps a lot.

You are welcome. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2022-7-27
Use props
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 17:59
You are welcome. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

Hello,

Ive replied to the email a couple weeks ago asking if I can still submit the banking info since they mentioned there was a due date but have not heard back from them. How can I get in touch with them so I can submit my bank info and get paid my affiliate commission?
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans53170f7c Posted at 8-15 08:37
Hello,

Ive replied to the email a couple weeks ago asking if I can still submit the banking info since they mentioned there was a due date but have not heard back from them. How can I get in touch with them so I can submit my bank info and get paid my affiliate commission?

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please note that we have forwarded your feedback to our team and have replied to your email. You may have a check. Thank you.
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules