Quickshot distance setting menu missing - DJI App Mini2
7637 10 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nogooo
lvl.1
Austria

Hi,
the QuickShot distance configuration menu suddenly does not show up any more in my DJI flight app (iOS, iPhone SE2020, DJI Mini2, App version 1.6.9).
I haven't used the drone and app for quite some time (2-3 months). Last weekend I installed some recommended firmware and app updates. When later on attempting some QuickShots the distance menu that always popped up left of the QuickShot modes was missing (obviously drone is flying, etc. ).

Today I spent two or three hours trying to figure out a solution - no success. Everything works as expected, QuickModes work, too. Only this distance config menu (set of values that configure after which distance the drone should stop, e.g., when doing a dronie)  somehow is no longer available. The dronie finishes after about 15m  and the drone returns to its original location. Flight distance and height are both configured at reasonable values and legal defaults (2000m, 120m).

Any hints how to access this distance menu again?
2022-7-13
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

check bottom right corner options but im not sure if this speciffic setting is still available
2022-7-13
Use props
nogooo
lvl.1
Austria

fateofangel Posted at 7-13 13:23
check bottom right corner options but im not sure if this speciffic setting is still available

In the bottom right corner there's just the exposure setting - automatic vs. manual,/pro, white balance, ISO rating, exposure time. At least when not in flight. I'll check tomorrow if this changes when in flight and quickshot mode.
2022-7-13
Use props
jontfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1785 ft

United Kingdom

Its in the bottom of the screen to the right of height and distance, its not as good has to where it was before and a bit on the small size
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nogooo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, Can you please try flying your DJI Mini 2 to a different location and take some Quickshots to see if the issue will still persist? Just a reminder to use Quickshots at locations that are clear of buildings and other obstacles. Make sure that there are no humans, animals, or other obstacles in the flight path. Please pay attention to objects around the aircraft and use the remote controller to avoid accidents with the aircraft. DO NOT use QuickShots in places that are close to buildings or where the GPS signal is weak, otherwise, the flight path may be unstable. Make sure to follow local privacy laws and regulation using QuickShots. DO NOT use QuickShots in any of the following situations:
a. When the subject is blocked for an extended period or outside the line of sight.
b. When the subject is more than 50 m away from the aircraft.
c. When the subject is similar in color or pattern with the surroundings.
d. When the subject is in the air.
e. When the subject moves fast.
f. The lighting is extremely low (< 300 lux) or high (> 10,000 lux).
Thank you.
2022-7-13
Use props
nogooo
lvl.1
Austria

Hi all,Thanks for your hints, unfortunately none of them helped. However, thanks to Manfred from the DJI Support hotline we have a solution - he did a great job, started his own Mini2 and figured out the issue: DJI silently changed the user interface (btw: I wonder why DJI does not communicate such essential interface changes to users - at least I did not find any release notes that could shed light on this. Moreover the setting is now incosistent with the timer/interval selection in photo mode, for which the submenu still opens at the left). Anyhow...

Solution for configuring the QuickShot distance with a newer DJI flight app release (1.6.9 and perhaps some earlier, using a Mini2. Please make sure you have taken all the precautions suggested above by DJI Stephen):
1. Set up the drone and remote control, start the drone, let it hover at the position where you plan to start the QuickShot video.
2. Using the small icons on the right, change to QuickShot mode (e.g. Dronie mode)
3. Select an object that the drone should track using the green plus-button or draw a rectangle around the object that you want to track.
4. NEW - user interface change by DJI: a black dropdown/selection box appears below the green selection rectangle! . 5. NEW: Click on this box and configure the distance that the drone should use for the current QuickShot video!

So please note that you can't configure the distance unless
- the drone is flying
- you have selected the QuickShot mode (iirc dronie, rocket and perhaps helix support distance configuration)
- you have successfully selected the person or object that the drone is supposed to track during the QuickShot

Hope this helps,
kind regards nogooo

2022-7-13
Use props
nogooo
lvl.1
Austria

Finally: DJI has, as of today (14/07/2022) not even updated its own Mini2 instruction videos to match the modified user interface.

Please go to https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/video and start the instruction video DJI Mini 2 | Quickshots.
At min 0:39 you can see the distance menu popping up at the left of the quickshot menu of the DJI Fly App. This is the submenu that I was looking for. However, it's no longer there, as DJI has changed the user interface.

If there's some DJI official around, please file this issue with the QC and/or PR-department of DJI to fix the videos...
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

nogooo Posted at 7-13 23:36
Hi all,Thanks for your hints, unfortunately none of them helped. However, thanks to Manfred from the DJI Support hotline we have a solution - he did a great job, started his own Mini2 and figured out the issue: DJI silently changed the user interface (btw: I wonder why DJI does not communicate such essential interface changes to users - at least I did not find any release notes that could shed light on this. Moreover the setting is now incosistent with the timer/interval selection in photo mode, for which the submenu still opens at the left). Anyhow...

Solution for configuring the QuickShot distance  with a newer DJI flight app release (1.6.9 and perhaps some earlier, using a Mini2. Please make sure you have taken all the precautions suggested above by DJI Stephen):

Thanks for sharing the solution.  
2022-7-14
Use props
Masaro
lvl.1

Spain

Hi all,Thanks for your hints, unfortunately none of them helped. However, thanks to Manfred from the DJI Support hotline we have a solution - he did a great job, started his own Mini2 and figured out the issue: DJI silently changed the user interface (btw: I wonder why DJI does not communicate such essential interface changes to users - at least I did not find any release notes that could shed light on this. Moreover the setting is now incosistent with the timer/interval selection in photo mode, for which the submenu still opens at the left). Anyhow...

Solution for configuring the QuickShot distance  with a newer DJI flight app release (1.6.9 and perhaps some earlier, using a Mini2. Please make sure you have taken all the precautions suggested above by DJI Stephen):

Hi.
I'm new here and with DJI Mini 2, but I have the same problem.
i use an Samsung A52s mobile, and I installed de 1.6.9 veresión of DJI Fly directly, but the distance menu havn't apeared never.
I've not tested the solutions proposed, but I'll try asap.
Regards.
2022-8-9
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I wonder why DJI does not communicate such essential interface changes to users

My Mini 2 is running just fine on v1.5.10.  Unless I run into problems or see something more informative than "optimized flight safety", I'll stay where I am thankyouverymuch.

But you are 100% correct - DJI should be more clear on what changes are made.  Especially when those changes modify the process demonstrated in their own training videos.
2022-8-9
Use props
Mlyra
New
Brazil

Hi Nogoo!

Had the same issue after updating the firmware! Thanks for sharing the solution. Indeed, DJI should be more explicit on how to adjust the quickshot distances after the changes.
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules