DJI Fly Academy in chinese?
4223 16 2022-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pierzakp
lvl.1
Poland

Hello,
I am running DJI Fly application in Polish / English and I noticed that some parts of the applications sometimes are loading chinese translations - mostly in loaded web pages in the application, sometimes reloading helps.
This trick does not work regarding the Academy, as I new user of the drone I wanted to go through the Academy and the videos which are there, but starting from the first one they are in Chinese. Is there a way to watch them in English, or at least with subtitles?
2022-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pierzakp. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Would you please try these steps below to see if the issue will persist?

1. Please set “Font Size” and “Screen zoom” to default settings in their mobile device’s System Settings. Or, change to the minimum and then go back to the app for operation. (Using Samsung mobile phones as an example: Settings - Display - Font and Screen Zoom).
2. Please try to tap the blank below "How do I fly safely".

Thank you.
2022-7-16
Use props
pierzakp
lvl.1
Poland

I changed the size to the smallest, I do not understand how it is related but it gives no results,
when I tap on "Academy" -> select DJI Mini 2 -> "First flight" (so far in English) -> then run the video it is in chinese with chinese subtitles.

Where I can find "How do I fly safely"?
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_v5OeFd4vTRwc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24288 ft
United States

pierzakp Posted at 7-18 10:11
I changed the size to the smallest, I do not understand how it is related but it gives no results,
when I tap on "Academy" -> select DJI Mini 2 -> "First flight" (so far in English) -> then run the video it is in chinese with chinese subtitles.

Same here and the academy is useless in the app. Which all the videos were on youtube in English!
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_BpYN4UVKHGgE
New

United Kingdom

This issue still has not been fixed, very annoying as I’m also new to drones and would like to watch all the academy videos in English through the app. Changing screen zoom and font size had no effect for me either (iPhone 11)
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_BpYN4UVKHGgE Posted at 1-30 14:09
This issue still has not been fixed, very annoying as I’m also new to drones and would like to watch all the academy videos in English through the app. Changing screen zoom and font size had no effect for me either (iPhone 11)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask if the whole Academy is in Chinese? Also, may we confirm if you can see English subtitles attached to those video tutorials? If possible, kindly include a screenshot of the interface for confirmation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-30
Use props
ReidCampbell
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-30 21:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask if the whole Academy is in Chinese? Also, may we confirm if you can see English subtitles attached to those video tutorials? If possible, kindly include a screenshot of the interface for confirmation. Thank you, and have a nice day.

In my case the ACADEMY VIDEOS are in CHINESE.  Not very useful!!
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ReidCampbell Posted at 2-2 11:36
In my case the ACADEMY VIDEOS are in CHINESE.  Not very useful!!

We're sorry about that. We understand that the videos are in Chinese, but do you get an English subtitle with it? If yes, this is a normal phenomenon. Since the dubbing of the video source is in Chinese, English subtitles are hereby attached for the convenience of non-Chinese customers to watch and learn. Non-Chinese users are recommended to learn by viewing the English subtitles. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Technical Support for help.
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_fuVfg522H8VI
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issues, the narration of the tutorial videos and other text is in Chinese
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fuVfg522H8VI Posted at 3-25 00:02
I have the same issues, the narration of the tutorial videos and other text is in Chinese

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Are most of the subtitles in Chinese? Or just very few of them? If possible, kindly post a screenshot or recording showing the issue for confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_CpZxtAf0or2c
New

United States

Same here. Started the Academy for Beginner: the first video was in English, the second is Chinese already. And as far as I see - same further. Could you please clarify if there are plans to improve the Academy, at least for EN?

Thank you
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_CpZxtAf0or2c Posted at 5-29 15:30
Same here. Started the Academy for Beginner: the first video was in English, the second is Chinese already. And as far as I see - same further. Could you please clarify if there are plans to improve the Academy, at least for EN?

Thank you

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward your feedback to the related team for attention. Please stay tuned to the DJI website (www.dji.com) for any official updates. Thank you.
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_6xVSHwSU2jt3
New

United States

Come on. You guys make billions of dollars. Pay someone to do the videos in English.
2023-7-31
Use props
Kazuya Darklight
New

United States

Agreed, DJI is too big a company and too big a presence in the English speaking drone market, to reasonably get away with not having English versions of the videos.  
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kazuya Darklight Posted at 9-24 14:48
Agreed, DJI is too big a company and too big a presence in the English speaking drone market, to reasonably get away with not having English versions of the videos.

Hi, Kazuya. English subtitles are hereby attached for the convenience of non-Chinese users to watch and learn.  We recommend learning by viewing the English subtitles, sorry for the inconvenience. Have a great day.
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_r81dbZuM1DZY
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-5-29 18:51
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward your feedback to the related team for attention. Please stay tuned to the DJI website (www.dji.com) for any official updates. Thank you.

This same problem persists and is evidenced by my brand new (with all updated firmware) all being in Chinese.  This is quite disappointing right out of the gate here
3-10 11:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_r81dbZuM1DZY Posted at 3-10 11:54
This same problem persists and is evidenced by my brand new (with all updated firmware) all being in Chinese.  This is quite disappointing right out of the gate here

Hi. Sorry about the inconvenience. We recommended viewing the videos in English subtitles, Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
3-11 02:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules