HELP! macbook network problems after dealing with assistant/hornidis
434 3 2022-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rnotta
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,
My old Ronin-S needed to be updated to the latest firmware (2.4.1.30), so I downloaded the DJI PRO Assistant for Ronin on my macbook pro (CATALINA V10.15.7)
I followed all the installation process, until the hornidis driver installation failed.
So I opened the app anyway and started searching for firmwares. I started the installation of the latest one with my Ronin S connected but it kept failing at 98%.

So... I searched on the internet for similar problems and I discovered on this forum that many other users had the same problem.

I followed up threads for like 1-2 hours and I reached the solution: install another version of hornidis supported by OSX catalina.

I downloaded the correct version of hornidis provided on this forum by DJI Moderators, successfully installed it, and rebooted the macbook.

I connected again my Ronin S and, by great surprise... the software DJI PRO Assistant for Ronin was not finding firmwares anymore.

I discovered than, AND THIS IS THE HORRIBLE PART OF THE STORY, that my macbook pro now has no longer any network access.

If I open any browser or page it is offline. I have checked everything and is allright, in the same room other computers are working fine.

I'm searching on the web now for solutions, but I can't really find any. So since I downloaded all of this softwares and drivers by DJI Official platforms I really demand for help here!

Any help??

It's now 3 long hours I fight on this crazy thing!

I hope You will solve this crazy problems on newer Dji products or I will not suggest to use them to anyone ever.

2022-7-14
Use props
rnotta
lvl.1

Italy

Additional informations:

- Google Chrome says "ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED"
- It is impossible to completely uninstall HoRNDIS. I followed the developer instructions but I could delete only one file out of two, the other one is in another path! The one I can not delete is located as follows: "Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext"

Horrible experience here
2022-7-14
Use props
rnotta
lvl.1

Italy

Still looking for help to fix this. I work with DJI Products daily and I own a Ronin M, aronin S, Ronin SC, Ronin RS2 and I'm not a basic user. It is unacceptable that to upgrade a firmware I end up like this.
I will have to format drive on that macbook and loose 2-3 days of work on it, if you won't help.
Shame on DJI.
2022-7-15
Use props
rnotta
lvl.1

Italy

Still looking for help to fix this. I work with DJI Products daily and I own a Ronin M, aronin S, Ronin SC, Ronin RS2 and I'm not a basic user. It is unacceptable that to upgrade a firmware I end up like this.
I will have to format drive on that macbook and loose 2-3 days of work on it, if you won't help.
Shame on DJI.
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules