17344 37 2022-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creativeflipp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255827 ft
Sweden

Hi, this is my first post here.

I recieved my RS3 Pro today, everything works great but one thing. And that's the auto lock feature when turning off, its supposed to fold & lock. It doesnt fold quite all the way...The roll axis locks one step away from fully folded, like it locks too early. I dont have a heavy setup or anything, and so the axis isnt "too long" if you know what i mean. Have i gotten a faulty product or what's up? Really annoying. Attaching an image.
IMG_6730.JPG
2022-7-14
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

if it does this with no payload then its faulty. start a work order with dji.
2022-7-15
Use props
fans4a903fa8
New
Flight distance : 25817 ft
Canada

Mine does the same :/
2022-7-15
Use props
Henki
New

Norway

I have exactly the same problem. Is incredibly irritating, must be unlocked to be put in "folded" position.
2022-7-16
Use props
Henki
New

Norway

Henki Posted at 7-16 05:08
I have exactly the same problem. Is incredibly irritating, must be unlocked to be put in "folded" position.

This is normal, see answers from DJI support:

as the RS 3 Pro arms are constructed from layered sheets of uncut carbon fiber and the arms have also been extended to allow for more balancing space. When the roll axis arm is extended fully, the roll axis arm and the pan axis arm will interfere and may affect the storage effect. So if Auto Lock is set to "Fold & Lock", the gimbal will keep a certain angle to complete the storage, regardless of the extension length of the roll arm.

That is not a faulty on your product ,all RS3 pro have this angle to prevent damage to the motor caused by collision of the gimbal arms.
2022-7-16
Use props
Mitch89
New
Australia

If that's true that's pretty disappointing, and not something I recall being pointed out in any of the pre-release "reviews" that I watched. There is more than enough clearance for the arms to close completely on my setup.

While the auto lock is still very useful, this is an odd and surely solvable limitation.
2022-7-18
Use props
creativeflipp
lvl.1
Sweden

Henki Posted at 7-16 05:27

as the RS 3 Pro arms are constructed from layered sheets of uncut carbon fiber and the arms have also been extended to allow for more balancing space. When the roll axis arm is extended fully, the roll axis arm and the pan axis arm will interfere and may affect the storage effect. So if Auto Lock is set to "Fold & Lock", the gimbal will keep a certain angle to complete the storage, regardless of the extension length of the roll arm.
Like i said, there’s PLENTY room for the arms to not collide. This is faulty 100%. My friend’s rs3 folds just as intended.
2022-7-18
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

creativeflipp Posted at 7-18 05:38
Like i said, there’s PLENTY room for the arms to not collide. This is faulty 100%. My friend’s rs3 folds just as intended.

I initially had the same reaction but I don’t think you are quite understanding what is going on here.

With the longer arms, the potential range for adjustment is much greater and will interfere with the folding flat if max adjustment is used. Being purely mechanical there is no communication of arm adjustment position to the gimbal so there is no way the software will know it will clear.

It’s annoying for storage to have to manually unlock it and then re-lock it flat but when powered back on it will all come on line normally.
2022-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the RS 3 Pro arms are constructed from layered sheets of uncut carbon fiber and the arms have also been extended to allow for more balancing space. When the roll axis arm is extended fully, the roll axis arm and the pan axis arm will interfere and may affect the storage effect. So if Auto Lock is set to "Fold & Lock", the gimbal will keep a certain angle to complete the storage, regardless of the extension length of the roll arm.
2022-7-19
Use props
creativeflipp
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 02:58
Hi there, the RS 3 Pro arms are constructed from layered sheets of uncut carbon fiber and the arms have also been extended to allow for more balancing space. When the roll axis arm is extended fully, the roll axis arm and the pan axis arm will interfere and may affect the storage effect. So if Auto Lock is set to "Fold & Lock", the gimbal will keep a certain angle to complete the storage, regardless of the extension length of the roll arm.
You see thats where things get confusing. A guy who works at DJI stockholm sent a video of their gimbal, locking itself all the way in with basically the same camera mounted - as expected. So if my gimbal still isnt faulty, how do you explain that?
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

creativeflipp Posted at 7-19 03:03
You see thats where things get confusing. A guy who works at DJI stockholm sent a video of their gimbal, locking itself all the way in with basically the same camera mounted - as expected. So if my gimbal still isnt faulty, how do you explain that?

May I ask if it's DJI RS 3 or DJI RS 3 Pro? Please also provide us with a video for a check.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_ZGzBFwXKjjkZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here it like it locks too early?

2022-7-21
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

Mitch89 Posted at 7-18 03:50
If that's true that's pretty disappointing, and not something I recall being pointed out in any of the pre-release "reviews" that I watched. There is more than enough clearance for the arms to close completely on my setup.

While the auto lock is still very useful, this is an odd and surely solvable limitation.

really? you have not seen all the videos where the gimbal never locked fully, but awkwardly was locking at an angle? Thats the first thing I noticed.. And yes they should ad a firmware to allow what angle you want to lock all the motors into.
2022-7-21
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 01:00
May I ask if it's DJI RS 3 or DJI RS 3 Pro? Please also provide us with a video for a check.

that was the RS3 Not the RS3 pro.
2022-7-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was surprised to see mine do this, thought it would go all the way. Easy firmware fix right?
2022-7-22
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

I have a problem with one of the auto lock buttons, it worked 3 times and now when I turn off the platform, one of the three buttons no longer locks, even when the automatic lock is off, it doesn't work, even when pushing by hand the ca button does not lock! Does anyone have the same problem or can dji help me please? Thanks in advance
In fact, it locks when I turn off the RS3, then there is an electronic noise and it unlocks only on one axis, without the button changing position (the button remains in the lock position but is no longer blocked)
2022-7-26
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

In fact, it locks when I turn off the RS3, then there is an electronic noise and it unlocks only on one axis, without the button changing position (the button remains in the lock position but is no longer blocked)
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ZxSTVPAYD6ia
New

United States

Henki Posted at 7-16 05:27

You are correct and incorrect. Mine did the same thing new out of the box with zero adjustments made and when it happened the motor continued to go as if trying to swing it home all the way. I caught the problem and unlocked it so the motor stopped but, not before the motor and housing heated up a scary amount, a few seconds longer and it probably would of given me the hot motor shut down beep.

If you pay attention to the gimbal as it closes too,  you can see the lock fire a millisecond early causing the early lock. A millisecond later and the lock would actually close in a "dead" no lock zone where it could then slide into the final position and lock all the way. Mine was made in 07-2022 if that maters to their quality control.

You are right though that it is possible to extend the rig so far it cant close so that would make sense from DJI.

Now, I did exchange mine for a new one which does it too however, the new one doesnt keep the motor going when it happens so it's a bit of an improvement.
2022-9-1
Use props
IronJuice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295486 ft
Canada

I'm observing the same issue on my RS3 Pro. Would love to see this issue addressed.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_nFNyY7sLs4SD
lvl.1
New Zealand

Mine does this too. Somewhat disappointing after all of the "reviews" raving about how fantastic the autolock feature is for secure, nice and compact stowaway. Things like this detract from the polish.

*** EDIT *** I tried adding a link to a video showing a review in which the gimbal autlocks fully but apparently I don't have permission to add links. Frustrating. Almost as if DJI don't want to acknowledge the evidence ...

2022-9-23
Use props
iman.yn000
New
Germany

Hi. I have same problem with my RS3 Pro. It locks with angle that seems it is a problem. I asked my friends and they have same issue. now we have 3 RS3 Pros with "angle lock" issue. I was wondering if it related to a production line issue.
2022-9-27
Use props
iman.yn000
New
Iran

iman.yn000@gmai Posted at 9-27 01:33
Hi. I have same problem with my RS3 Pro. It locks with angle that seems it is a problem. I asked my friends and they have same issue. now we have 3 RS3 Pros with "angle lock" issue. I was wondering if it related to a production line issue.

I saw a video on youtube that RS3 powering off is ok. but RS3 pro powers off with angle to protect focus motor!!
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_nFNyY7sLs4SD
lvl.1
New Zealand

Right here this DJI video shows it powering off and locking fully - between 02:20 and 02:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqyxu38XKE&list=WL&index=205
2022-10-2
Use props
Canes76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

having the same issue?

2022-10-13
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216168 ft
France

So, try to put arms to maximum and close your ronin. RS3 pro.
You see whats happens ? ....
Now 2 possibilities :
1 - ask to dji a fully lockoff -> You broke your arms -> You cry on dji
2 - understand people when they said that "Its normal and NOT POSSIBLE on RS3Pro. Regards to extended arms.

or just buy a RS3 for a fully lock off
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_bZhXkVpsCrR5
New

United States

I have the same problem, The fold and lock locks too fast so it doesn’t lock all the way, I hope this is something they can address on an firmware update. An alternative is to set it up to “Recenter and lock” in the settings for autolock, it is less annoying.

Rolo Arbone
2022-11-12
Use props
ZmootheOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

C'mon...The RS3 Pro doesn't fold all the way when you turn it off. It never has, and never will. The extended arms may crash if it did, depending on how it is balanced.
2022-11-14
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.2
France

This discussion is exasperatingly irritating. People don't know how to read the instructions or the help that is given
2022-12-15
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

SilentD1 Posted at 7-21 12:27
that was the RS3 Not the RS3 pro.

RS3 Pro has longer arm so it has the safe lock that locks leaving room to avoid collision if the arm is extended to the point of collision.

If you want to park it fully parked you can simply turn it off and once it is parked in safe position you can look at the arm and just unlock and manually park to the fully parked position. Pop open the lock, move the arm and lock. Super easy one hand thing and it's great compared with a fully manual shut down and park.

Really easy:

2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_eFIXccXxmTes
New

United States

djiuser_nFNyY7sLs4SD Posted at 10-2 05:27
Right here this DJI video shows it powering off and locking fully - between 02:20 and 02:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqyxu38XKE&list=WL&index=205

Notice in the video there are no contacts on the nato rails on the side of the gimbal?  That is a RS3 and not an RS3 Pro! The RS 3 Pro is capable of having the arms collide depending on your setup. It locks in that position to avoid a collision that could damage the motors if the arm adjustment was extended.
2022-12-31
Use props
gufranunsel
New

Turkey

I have a same problem. dji turkey change my gimball. this is a fault
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_bi6bHaWl3q8j
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, if I press and hold the front button I get the attached message. Tap what? Please clarify this function and how it works?
2023-3-10
Use props
fans2c5ea325
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same problem, how do i fix that?
I want to be able to lock the gimbal completely flat (arms aligned)
2023-3-11
Use props
ZmoothOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

Good grief...
2023-3-11
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.2
France

fans2c5ea325 Posted at 3-11 16:32
I have the same problem, how do i fix that?
I want to be able to lock the gimbal completely flat (arms aligned)

Indeed it is very difficult to read the messages of the forum. Understanding your material and doing research is even more complicated.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_kRQ7AUjK7Qn8
New

United States

Having the same problem with DJI RS3 Pro. DJI, are you sure it’s not a faulty equipment, but actually meant to work this way?
2023-5-9
Use props
fans843b5035
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228707 ft
North Macedonia

I'm reading all these comments and I'm cringing hard.
2023-5-12
Use props
fans7a6d4ec4
New
United States

Hi all. I have an RS3 pro that doesn’t auto lock flat at all. It just locks and unlocks in the ready position, if I turn it off and manually lock it flat, it opens to the ready position when I turn it on. Is there a auto-lock on off setting I’m not seeing?
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules