MINI SE RANGE
3027 4 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PHodara
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9367 ft
United States

I have had my Mini SE for about 3 weeks now. Overall I am pretty happy with it, I think DJI nailed the feature set for the price range.  However the one issue that really irks me is the range.  When I get out a little over 250 Meters (slightly over 800ft)  I get a weak signal, My altitude is about 100-120 meters (under 400 feet).  I am flying over a low density residential country side, no large buildings, no power lines but lots of trees.  I keep the aircraft higher than I need to but feel that should minimize interference from the trees. The other thing I should note is the controller that was in the bundle is the MR1SS5 which is 5.8Ghz only. On a side note I have a question DJI could not answer for me, why do some of their controlers work both in the 2.4 and 5.8Ghz range and some of the controlers only work in the 2.4Ghz range, is the a localazation requirment for different countries?  5.8Ghz has faster throughput but 2.4 carries a greater distance.  I would really like to get an answer from DJI on this question.

2022-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PHodara. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-7-16
Use props
DonSilvioManuel
New

Mexico

Hey I have the same issue am flying a CE dron in FCC territory, the range is abismal 250m at 80m altitude get weak signal then connection drops. Am flying in the middle of nowhere there's all the channels are green, antenas are orientes as per the DJI antenna FAQ. Any suggestions?
2022-10-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would try other locations, over open sea I have passed 2km (just) with a CE spec.Mavic Mini and that uses the same controller as the SE. I have seen one go further in a different place and again that was over open sea.
2022-10-14
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules