Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New FW Update on Each Battery?
1007 7 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petermckinnon
New
  • >>>
Canada

With the new FW update, do you need to run it with each battery you have? Or is it the actual aircraft itself that Only needs the update once?

Thx!

2015-8-4
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

My understanding is you do each battery. Previously there was no firmware update for the batteries. Some have said there is now though I have seen no information on what it may do in the release notes.
2015-8-4
Use props
petermckinnon
New
  • >>>
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-5 07:21
My understanding is you do each battery. Previously there was no firmware update for the batteries.  ...

I updated the firmware on the aircraft with 1 battery installed (obviously) and updated the firmware on the RC through the new app. Works fine. Swapped out my battery for a different one, and firmware was still listed as the new update in the settings. So, Looks like once the update is done on the aircraft, it's done.
2015-8-4
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes there is an update for the battery on 1.3 , leave the fw on the sd card then put each battery in one at a time and turn on, it will then update it, it takes a while then finishes,look for the solid green LED to say completed.   turn off then do the same for the next battery you don't need to remove the text file anymore as it update the log as it goes along.
2015-8-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Hundleton1 is right, the onle thing i may add: each battery that you put in the first time will get updated and you will hear the 4 beeps while updating and then the 3 beeps once done, while it is doing the update you will see a battery error in red on your screen, dont panic as i did, it disappears after the update. turn off and turn back on, now you should not hear the update beeps as it is done. now repeat for each battery.
thx
2015-8-4
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Canada

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-8-5 07:27
Yes there is an update for the battery on 1.3 , leave the fw on the sd card then put each battery in ...

It does seem to be doing something on the batteries for sure. The green power led's blink in a different pattern than just displaying voltage. I would be interested to know exactly what was being done to the batteries.
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new firmware might update some logging issues and I have seen a few reports of cell voltages being off after a complete charge, some even doing the recommend DJI discharge to 8%, still cells are not matched
2015-8-4
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Canada

Steve.Petry Posted at 2015-8-5 09:39
The new firmware might update some logging issues and I have seen a few reports of cell voltages bei ...

Be nice if they put all of the features in the change log.
2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules