New controller update in uk
974 24 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

New rc controller update v01.01.0100 just as booted up not 5 mins ago...
_20220715_191944.JPG
2022-7-15
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does it improve radio performance? I found some interesting videos, and I think there is a massive difference between CE and FCC modes of operation. All the people with range problems seem to be running CE mode. It is definitely lower power than FCC mode, and maybe even operates on slightly different (reduced) frequency range AND bandwidth.
2022-7-15
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

In the US as well. I just hope one of the "minor bugs" fixed is "GPS doesn't work."
2022-7-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew it a couple of hours ago with no issues.
2022-7-15
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-15 11:00
Does it improve radio performance? I found some interesting videos, and I think there is a massive difference between CE and FCC modes of operation. All the people with range problems seem to be running CE mode. It is definitely lower power than FCC mode, and maybe even operates on slightly different (reduced) frequency range AND bandwidth.
Being uk based its CE but even before this update the drone performed sufficient for being within the regs.  Not interested in 8km flights but appreciate some are facing issues with dropping into CE from FCC & signal penetration.  As with earlier models things should stabilise until the next new kid on the block arrives...Air3 pro anyone
2022-7-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 7-15 11:43
Being uk based its CE but even before this update the drone performed sufficient for being within the regs.  Not interested in 8km flights but appreciate some are facing issues with dropping into CE from FCC & signal penetration.  As with earlier models things should stabilise until the next new kid on the block arrives...Air3 pro anyone

Whilst thats all well and good but reg's aside for the moment,  if the transmission drops at say 2km then that's poor for a few reasons, 1 its far below book speed, 2 its far below older drones, 3 its meant to be 2km further than the Mini 2 so would expect at least 500m more with better transmission through being O3.

Now bringing reg's back into the equation, with the range being far less than it should be (for many) that will mean that 1, the signal is not as strong as it should be and 2, the "within reg's work", its likely to lose transmission in some scenarios where its predecessor didn't.

Thats not great for close to a grands worth of of upgrade, its more like a downgrade in that respect.

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying that all are like this, its perhaps a small minority as some will clearly be user error (holding rc) and I've see videos hitting great distances in CE and FCC.

Mine should be here today although i have a feeling the Amazon driver may give up and take it back o the warehouse, there is a massive Steam Rally on in my village over the weekend and it can be "total gridlock man" (from an advert years back lol)
2022-7-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The power transmitted by an FCC transmitter is about 8 times as much as one in CE mode. That does not of course mean that FCC will fly 8 times further it does not work like that.

The range of this drone in the U.K. is very good and equal to that of the mini 2 and Mavic Air 2. I have all three drones and more and fly them a lot so know this to be the case with my drones. Others have also said the same.
I won't be doing this update however as Mini has been working well and as I like it from day 1. If it ain't broke don't fix it
2022-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-7-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-15 18:53
Whilst thats all well and good but reg's aside for the moment,  if the transmission drops at say 2km then that's poor for a few reasons, 1 its far below book speed, 2 its far below older drones, 3 its meant to be 2km further than the Mini 2 so would expect at least 500m more with better transmission through being O3.

Now bringing reg's back into the equation, with the range being far less than it should be (for many) that will mean that 1, the signal is not as strong as it should be and 2, the "within reg's work", its likely to lose transmission in some scenarios where its predecessor didn't.
Specs are based on ideal conditions which rarely occur in day to day real use. You dont have the drone yet so no experience with it.  When it arrives charge it, fly it decide if it works for your use case if not send it back save the money or buy something else it really is that easy.  Hope Amzn delivers today & you get to fly
2022-7-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-16 00:59
Thanks for sharing.

hopefully improves the experience for those facing issues fortunately mines been ok to date but theres always something else, I did note the sat overlay is still low res tiles
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 7-16 01:38
hopefully improves the experience for those facing issues fortunately mines been ok to date but theres always something else, I did note the sat overlay is still low res tiles

I just updated and did a 21 minute flight and had new issues,     AF is really glitchy,  the compass is wrong on the controller but Im now unable to calibrate.   
2022-7-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-16 02:26
I just updated and did a 21 minute flight and had new issues,     AF is really glitchy,  the compass is wrong on the controller but Im now unable to calibrate.

This is not good news I haven't had mine out yet so will definitely check these out.  Maybe DJI need a better source control it seems code branches are not merged to a master but or devs dont check in for other changes on it
2022-7-16
Use props
fans6fe03d87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

I just updated and did a 21 minute flight and had new issues,     AF is really glitchy,  the compass is wrong on the controller but Im now unable to calibrate.

I noticed the radar compass wasn't the same, but how do you calibrate?
2022-7-16
Use props
Goggles Pisano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6fe03d87 Posted at 7-16 05:34

Swipe down from top of RC screen, go to cog in top right then go to Compass and follow instructions to calibrate.
2022-7-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-16 05:51
Swipe down from top of RC screen, go to cog in top right then go to Compass and follow instructions to calibrate.

Calibration wont start if the message "compass normal" is displayed at the bottom of the screen now.
2022-7-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2022-7-16
Use props
Goggles Pisano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 7-16 06:03
Calibration wont start if the message "compass normal" is displayed at the bottom of the screen now.

True, but maybe his compass is not normal ...
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The radar is poop, its jerky like its jumping in 5 or 10º increments, that's not good for range, there is no precision.
2022-7-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-16 06:45
True, but maybe his compass is not normal ...

It was an advisory not an observation
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BaynhamPhoto. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us about the new DJI RC firmware v01.01.0100. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just updated and did a 21 minute flight and had new issues,     AF is really glitchy,  the compass is wrong on the controller but Im now unable to calibrate.

AF ???????
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6fe03d87 Posted at 7-16 05:34

There is an option in settings on the controller (pull down from the screen top and tap cog) but its not longer working for me.   I see a lot of comments on YouTube are having the same issues.
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AF = Auto focus.
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 07:17
The radar is poop, its jerky like its jumping in 5 or 10º increments, that's not good for range, there is no precision.

For the best range bashy just point the controller at the sky.   Amazingly it does work.
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 7-16 05:17
This is not good news I haven't had mine out yet so will definitely check these out.  Maybe DJI need a better source control it seems code branches are not merged to a master but or devs dont check in for other changes on it

Seems something odd is going on as both those faults were supposed to have been fixed previously.   Although I didnt have any issues originally.
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules