Germany

2022-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive never had the crashing issue but I will update to be sure.  
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, MySky. We really appreciate you for sharing this video with us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-7-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

Hope it fixes the drone starting in FCC mode but switching to CE mode when HP is set.  
2022-7-16
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-16 06:14
Thanks for sharing.  

Hope it fixes the drone starting in FCC mode but switching to CE mode when HP is set.

Wish you good luck.
2022-7-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-16 06:29
Wish you good luck.

Thank you very much.  

Short 10 minute flight and it does appear the FCC to CE issue is fixed.  Now I have the compass pointing in the wrong direction but it will not let me calibrate compass as it shows normal.  Oh well, at least I no longer have to do the FCC/CE work around.  

Time to get off the forum now and go make some bubbles in a local lake.  Friend lost his old Mavic Pro drone and I told him I'd go dive and see if I can locate it.  
2022-7-16
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Have just been out flying 3 batteries. Gusts up to 5 BFT and had my first drift of the drone, but  no wind warning.
1. Compass indicator  arrow on RC dot not shown as usual. Flight ok.
2. Flight -> compass indicator jumping and moving around as if the drone is turning, but drone itself is stable in one direction.
3. Flight -> everything as it schould be.
2022-7-16
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Just come back from run two batteries and bad news ... with the first one, drop two lines of RC control connection at 200 mts ....With the second one, just going up with the drone, at 20 mt high and  25 mts distance, lost connection with RC, automatically was activated the RTH ... but after a moments I could stop the RTH and recover back the control with the RC.

BTW, how do you know in which band FCC/EU is transmitting the drone?

I Select manually first 2.4 GHz band ad same thing that with 5.8 GHz band.... at 200 mts or so decrease the bars of the RC connection indicator. So have to come back as I don't trust for the moment with this drone / RC .... not confidence.

2022-7-16
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

juan55 Posted at 7-16 08:52
Just come back from run two batteries and bad news ... with the first one, drop two lines of RC control connection at 200 mts ....With the second one, just going up with the drone, at 20 mt high and  25 mts distance, lost connection with RC, automatically was activated the RTH ... but after a moments I could stop the RTH and recover back the control with the RC.

The band (2.4 or 5.8 GHz) will (should) switch either automatically or you can select it manually independend from the FCC or CE mode.
FCC or CE modes are only describing the allowed transmitting power which is lower in the CE (EU) area than it is in FCC area.
2022-7-16
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

MySky Posted at 7-16 09:10
The band (2.4 or 5.8 GHz) will (should) switch either automatically or you can select it manually independend from the FCC or CE mode.
FCC or CE modes are only describing the allowed transmitting power which is lower in the CE (EU) area than it is in FCC area.

Thank you for answering, I Know about Auto, Manually select the Bands....

But still I have not clear how you can notice that your RC is connected with FCC or CE Mode .... just for the amplitude of the signal showed in the transmission plot? How I can switch to FCC for eg ?

Thanks in advance
2022-7-16
Use props
fanse92f794f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18491 ft
Netherlands

juan55 Posted at 7-16 09:31
Thank you for answering, I Know about Auto, Manually select the Bands....

But still I have not clear how you can notice that your RC is connected with FCC or CE Mode .... just for the amplitude of the signal showed in the transmission plot? How I can switch to FCC for eg ?

I assume you are in Spain, so your craft is airborne within europe?
Then you are in CE mode, that is if your -90dB is in line with the 1km mark on the right.
If it is FCC then the line is under the 1km mark.(between 1km and 4km)
There is no legal way to switch to FCC if your M3P is airborne within EU.
2022-7-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-16 01:00
Ive never had the crashing issue but I will update to be sure.

It worth it to update, as the firmware includes Fly 1.6.9 (not documented).
2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 7-16 18:44
It worth it to update, as the firmware includes Fly 1.6.9 (not documented).

Actually I wish I hadnt updated,  the update broke my compass,  it also won't calibrate and my auto focus now hunts a lot.
2022-7-17
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

fanse92f794f Posted at 7-16 09:55
I assume you are in Spain, so your craft is airborne within europe?
Then you are in CE mode, that is if your -90dB is in line with the 1km mark on the right.
If it is FCC then the line is under the 1km mark.(between 1km and 4km)

Thank you very much for clarify
2022-7-17
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:00
Actually I wish I hadnt updated,  the update broke my compass,  it also won't calibrate and my auto focus now hunts a lot.

Did you get it to work?

The rest of the world does fine with FCC mode but the EU must be backwards about it. Maybe they think it prevents MMGW or something.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 00:07
Did you get it to work?

The rest of the world does fine with FCC mode but the EU must be backwards about it. Maybe they think it prevents MMGW or something.

Sadly not,  the calibrate feature just jumps to done  before you can do the controller rotations.
2022-7-17
Use props
ODroneO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621060 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:10
Sadly not,  the calibrate feature just jumps to done  before you can do the controller rotations.

mine is doing the exact same after the latest firmware for the RC I've even rolled back the firmware and it still the same , the update was absolute trash
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_UNulSta6DRdU
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I updated yesterday to 1.6.9 on the DJI RC, now wish I could roll it back as the compass is completely messed up.
I have tried everything, such as calibrating the aircraft compass, calibrated the IMU, refreshed the firmware with DJI Assistant 2.
I can’t calibrate the RC compass as it states it’s done and will not recalibrate, I have factory reset the RC controller.
I don’t think there is anything else I can try, it’s a real pain as I am a new pilot and then the mini 3 pro is high in the air I lose orientation of the drone and used the screen compass to help.
Now I can not trust it as it sometimes tells/shows the drone behind me when I can see it in front of me.
I wait with the drone in a hover and over a minute or so some times it just slowly moves on the screen.
Does anyone know if DJI are trying to fix this issue?
2022-7-17
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Just to add my own experience here as it's similar to others. Compass is all over the place and sometimes I can't get it to show up at all.

Strangely the RC will loose connection with the drone when increasing altitude sometimes instead of getting a better signal. Haven't seen this happen before.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ODroneO Posted at 7-17 00:51
mine is doing the exact same after the latest firmware for the RC I've even rolled back the firmware and it still the same , the update was absolute trash

Thanks,  I was going to fire up the assistant and go back later,  if its still broken then I wont bother.

Does you auto focus hunt more with this update?  
2022-7-17
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

At first i thought it is just me, but concerning the compass issue  it seems to be a more global issue.
Honestly as i usually fly VLOS i do not pay too much attention  to the compass, but DJI has messed up the compass indicator again.
It is not trustable since i started with the Mavic Air 2. It continued with the Mini 2 and now again with the Mini 3 pro.
After DJI has made it working,  every second or third FlyApp update they messed it up again.

You can see it documented in the following Video i have just found.

2022-7-18
Use props
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 22:03
Thanks,  I was going to fire up the assistant and go back later,  if its still broken then I wont bother.

Does you auto focus hunt more with this update?

think i will wait as well.
2022-7-18
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

You can tell from the graph on the transmission page.  See here for details:
FCC vs CE mode detection
2022-7-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2022-8-10
Use props