So disappointed with DJI quality.
1247 11 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvarad
lvl.2
India

Notwithstanding the fact that my mini 3 pro suffers  the dreaded blurred autofocus issue, today a small moisture spot has formed inside the lens enclosure. The drone has never been crashed or damaged in any way. A product that costs so much should have better quality control. You can do better, DJI.
16F4B479-7CF2-41FD-BD8C-3E431A32FE4C.jpeg
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you should return it, its obviously a dud.
2022-7-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its what im dreading, more waiting time If mine has to go back to Amazon, whats to say the next one will be ok... hopefully they have all new stock, praying actually...
2022-7-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi tvarad, I am sorry for the issue. With this issue, you may need to send the drone back for a further assessment and service. May I double confirm if you are located in India? If yes, you may need to contact the reseller for assistance. Or you may try to send an email to our support at http://www.dji.com/support for further help.
2022-7-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes this is not good at all I feel for you
2022-7-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A disappointing development. Bad luck mate
2022-7-16
Use props
tvarad
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-15 23:17
Hi tvarad, I am sorry for the issue. With this issue, you may need to send the drone back for a further assessment and service. May I double confirm if you are located in India? If yes, you may need to contact the reseller for assistance. Or you may try to send an email to our support at http://www.dji.com/support for further help.

Susan, you’re right. I bought it overseas and am using it in India. I’ll contact DJI by email or probably try to get it fixed next time I’m abroad. Since I mostly fly it recreationally rather than for photography I can live with it for the time being.
IMHO DJI is to drones what a certain fruity company is to smartphones. I’ve bought dozens of the latter’s products, many of them overseas and on the day they were available for sale and never had an issue with even one of them. DJI should aspire to the same level of quality.
2022-7-16
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

New Zealand

There have been some issues around fogging up in the camera area.
2022-7-16
Use props
Monkey Station
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304944 ft
Indonesia

I've been having the same problem and also bought mine oversees. I was pointed out that it is caused by a crooked o-ring inside the gimbal, so I've opened mine up to have a look. And indeed it was installed crooked. After putting it on correctly the problem persisted, as there was still moisture inside. So next I opened the housing up again and placed the drone inside a sealed bag with silica gel. After about 12 hours I closed the housing whilst still inside the bag, took it out and put the tiny screws back in. After this the problem was solved while using the drone for a few days, but sadly the problem came back. This shows to me that the o-ring design is actually no good. It is still letting moisture in, even when seated correctly. So just today I've decided to ditch the o-ring all together. I do understand this is risky but well, it wasn't sealing in the first place. I did a test before (fogged up immediately) and after and it seems to have solved the problem. I'm not advising anyone to do the same, if you can return it under warranty definitely do so. But in my case this won't be possible anytime soon so I'm willing to take the risk.
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey Station Posted at 7-16 22:16
I've been having the same problem and also bought mine oversees. I was pointed out that it is caused by a crooked o-ring inside the gimbal, so I've opened mine up to have a look. And indeed it was installed crooked. After putting it on correctly the problem persisted, as there was still moisture inside. So next I opened the housing up again and placed the drone inside a sealed bag with silica gel. After about 12 hours I closed the housing whilst still inside the bag, took it out and put the tiny screws back in. After this the problem was solved while using the drone for a few days, but sadly the problem came back. This shows to me that the o-ring design is actually no good. It is still letting moisture in, even when seated correctly. So just today I've decided to ditch the o-ring all together. I do understand this is risky but well, it wasn't sealing in the first place. I did a test before (fogged up immediately) and after and it seems to have solved the problem. I'm not advising anyone to do the same, if you can return it under warranty definitely do so. But in my case this won't be possible anytime soon so I'm willing to take the risk.

Very interesting. Sometimes it is best to fix stuff your self as you did
2022-7-16
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

no surprise.  i bought a p3p which was pretty good and still is.  then everything went downhill for dji drones.  i bought an Air for the size but it's not a pleasure to fly.  there is ALWAYS something messing up.  so I watch the forums and hope that some day a good reliable drone will show up.  many years later many drones later, the same thing just so many problems with drones and software.  it's too bad dji can't put all their efforts into making good drones and software rather than all the nanny crap.  I see Hallmark is banned.. He's been around a long time lol, I bet he posted pretty much the same as I am.
2022-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Time to send it in!
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now